Friday, February 12, 2010

There are lots of ways of being miserable, but there's only one way of being comfortable, and that is to stop running round after happiness.

Hi blog friends!
I made it to Friday AND I’m at work. Hold your applause until after the blog, thanks.

Last night
Last night I went to Zemog’s again with my parents and had another great meal. Totally go there Omaha friends, it is the best Mexican food I’ve had in a while.
Then I went home and tried to put together Evie’s mobile that came in the mail but got all frustrated and quit. Seth came home from class around 10:20 and he brought me some popsicles and we went to bed. I meant to watch Psych but I didn’t want to sit downstairs. Seth brought in the activity jumper thing from my car and put it right in the tiny walk way that exists right now to our TV portion of the basement and I didn’t want to do the squish and roll trying to get past it. So I just took a long bath and facebook stalked people until he came home.

Tonite
This afternoon Seth is headed to Columbus for a visit with his family and my brother is coming over to hang out with me. I think we are going to have dinner at Subway and I need to take my wedding ring to Zales to get the setting checked. I also need to get the white gold redipped on it but I don’t know if the Oakview Mall near my house does that, I know the Westroads one does, but I don’t want to drive clear out there tonite. I’ve already been over that way once today.

29 MOTHERTRUCKING DAYS
Whoa. I can’t believe we are past the month mark. On Saturday I will be 36 weeks. Blows my mind. I alternately celebrate the fact that this horrible pregnancy is almost over and flip out because I am SO NOT READY. And I can’t believe in 29 days I will be responsible for this tiny little girl. I think that scares me more than actually having to give birth.
I had a little meltdown last night because her room is SO not ready. Not even close, it isn’t even safe to put a baby in there right now since Seth has all his remodeling projects scattered about. I really, really need that armoire to be done so I can put her clothes away because right now they are in stacks all over the crib and all of her sheets and blankets and burp clothes are all over the rocking chair in there right now. I asked Seth to just leave the armoire here and we could stain it but he says his Mom really wants to be involved in staining it. I’m just worried we won’t get it back in time, it’s not like she is going to finish it and then drive it down. We will either have to drive back up and get it or try to convince his brother with the truck to drive it down. So it could be another two weeks before I can even put her stuff away and that drives me absolutely insane.
I mean I know you can never be totally ready, but I would at least like to be organized and have a place for her to sleep and a place to rock her when she gets fussy.
So yeah, that’s the crazy I’m dealing with in relation to baby this week.

Physical Therapy
My physical therapist had me fitted for a binder today, my pelvis just refuses to stay in line. We are waiting to see how much of it insurance covers, because if they won’t cover it then she gave me the name of a place in town to get fitted for one which is much cheaper. She is so great. If any of you in the Omaha area need a Physical Therapist I highly recommend Kelly at UNMC. Tell her I sent you and she will laugh because she thinks I’m crazy. Today she massaged my butt for 45 minutes. It was amazing. Plus she tells me helpful things all the time about babies and pets and anything you can think of, I mean you have to have some topics to talk about with a person while you smash their faces in your boobs or are massaging their butt. She is very good at taking the awkward away. So I only make minor inappropriate comments. Today I told her the story about how I sent Seth to Target on Saturday because nursing bras were on sale and I had a shower so I couldn’t go before they rolled over the ad and he got the sexiest nursing bra I had ever seen. He’s such a great husband, but I gave him such a hard time for picking out the sexy nursing bra. Haha.
So yes, as previously stated 200 times before, if you are pregnant and your back hurts demand to see a physical therapist and if you are in Omaha demand to see Kelly at UNMC. That is my advice to you.

DOD (Department of Defense) Schools must have failed me
So today on the radio they said that by the end of the week all 50 states will have snow, which has never happened before-even in Hawaii they will have snow. I spent the rest of the segment arguing with myself over if there were 50 or 51 states, something I can NEVER remember. I blame the DOD schooling I received for not being able to recall basic facts like that. Everyone jokes that when Evelynn starts learning basic math I’ll have to learn along with her while Seth teaches her with flashcards and stuff. It’s so true, I will.

Pregnancy statements that are getting old
Here are a list of random things people are saying to me regularly that are starting to get really old, so old in fact I threatened to punch a guy the other day if he said it to me again:
Wow! Are you having twins?
When do you pop?
Aww, Evie’s going to be a only child isn’t she? Because you whine so much about pregnancy.
Do you know you are waddling when you walk?
Any reference to me waddling somewhere
You are going to the bathroom again?
Turkey’s done! Timer has popped!
Ew I can see your belly button sticking out.
Why does the button on your jeans look like it’s barely hanging on?
Oh you still have a little ways to go!

Pregnancy statements that will never get old
You are such a beautiful pregnant lady
You carry your pregnancy so well, you don’t look like you’ve gained weight at all
Let me get that for you
Can I carry that for you?
Do you want some of this (insert snack food here)
Can I get you anything?
Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it, you just rest.
Your baby is going to be so adorable! I can’t wait to meet her!
I bought this (insert random baby clothes present here) for your baby because it was too cute and I couldn't resist!

Happy weekend!

Okay friends! I hope you have a great weekend! I hope mine is restful and peaceful! Have a happy Valentine’s day, those of you who are into celebrating that kind of thing! Wishing someone a happy Valentine’s Day these days is almost as risky as wishing someone a Merry Christmas! You never know what kind of response you are going to get!

Love (that I only have 29 days! Or less!),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.