Thursday, February 11, 2010

Never judge a book by its movie.

Hello blog world! Bright and early here! I’m not sure why I’m all up in morning’s business, but I’m sure the crash and burn will come shortly.

Past days
The past couple of days have been strange. Monday I was in pain and I tried to get a hold of the doctor for more answers but of course they had none beyond suck it up. Tuesday I came to work and was in a drill all day and then worked two extra hours overtime because I didn’t even come near my desk until 3. Yesterday my husband’s work was throwing him a shower at 11:15 and they wanted me to come. So I stayed home and went to that and had planned on coming into work afterwards but it wore me out so bad I couldn’t do it.
But today! Today I’m here! And no one else is. Lame. Half the reason I come to work anymore is to talk to someone besides the cats.

This weekend
This weekend is going to suck. Seth is headed to Columbus Friday afternoon for “One last weekend as a Hellbusch Son” or something like that. Basically he wants one last weekend to be babied by his Mom before he has to grow up and take care of his own baby. But he is taking the armoire up to get stained by his mom so hopefully he will be able to bring that back finished and I can start nesting!
He is talking about being back Saturday night, but I highly doubt (much to my dismay) that will happen. His brother wants him to go to a poker tourney at a hotel with him that night and if he drinks a lot he won’t get out of bed Sunday until about noon meaning he won’t get his butt in gear and get home until 3 or 4. Essentially ruining our last Valentine’s Day. I’m trying not to be uber bitter about it, but really, I am. He flies out Monday at 6am and I have to drop him off at the airport and depending on how I am feeling head into work. He is going to Maryland for work. Then he flies back Tuesday night at 10 or 11 pm I can’t remember. Either way I’m probably not going to work Wednesday since I’ll be up late getting him and then we have a doctor’s appointment Wednesday. So yeah. My husband is going MIA for a while.

Evelynn’s blog
Which is just peachy because Evelynn has started practicing contractions. Last night Seth was trying to time them and kept asking me if I wanted to go to the hospital. They were all erratic and all over the place. All I know is every now in then my uterus squeezes super hard and then there is a sharp pain and it would happen like twice in a row and then stop. And it sucked. So anyway my parents are going out of town Friday night and they are busy Saturday night and I’m not sure if they are in town this upcoming week or not. I am going to ask Jesse to come stay the night Friday and hope he can and nothing will go wrong. Seth is all bent out of shape leaving me alone. I can’t say that I’m helping the situation much by moping around. I have grand plans to pack my “go to the hospital” bags this weekend. Since I’m pretty sure I’m supposed to have that at least started. We are down to like the 30 day mark!

Books
I am trying to get into another book, but I just came out of a couple of really good books and I’m having a hard time getting back into reading a different genre. I’m trying to read “American Gods” that my brother lent me, he says it’s great but I’m just not getting into it. It reads like a screenplay. I feel like I should be watching it and not reading it, like I’m watching a movie with closed captioning but I never look up at the screen. The other one is one my mom gave me and I can’t remember the name of it, something like Same kind of different as me or something like that. Anyway it started off with this homeless black guy telling a story and talking about how he didn’t talk to white women because some kids in Louisiana beat the crap out of him once for doing it and it was just totally depressing and I couldn’t even finish the first chapter. I think I’m going to go and get one of the “fun” books off the stack. I’ve been reading the Castle book (a book supposedly written by Richard Castle of the TV show, about his character Nikki Heat) and it’s funny, but I’ve never really been into those sexy murder mystery James Patterson kind of books.

Fun Baby Stuff
We have been getting so much fun baby stuff these past couple of weeks. Seth has been busy putting things together every night. And usually about every other day there is a package delivery from Target. Last night we got her mobile from Marna and it is SO CUTE and yesterday we got her walker/jumper Baby Einstein thing from Seth’s work. I know she won’t use it for awhile but it is so busy and looks like so much fun. The cats certainly think all of her stuff is fun. We can hardly keep them out of it. We have had to spray them with canned air every time they get near the pack and play. And Willow literally lies with her back in the bouncer and plays in that. So we have to chase her out of that all the time. Usually after we chase them out a couple times they get really involved with the boxes and wrapping that the new stuff comes in.
We only have about three more projects to finish until I can start “nesting” and setting up her nursery. My wonderful Mother has been studious about getting all of her new clothes washed and folded. I’ve started separating them in piles in anticipation of filling the armoire with them. I have most of her diaper station set up. I need Seth to figure out how and where we are going to set up the wipe warmer. I’ve made a list of stuff we need or need more of, like wipes. And other than that, I can say we are prepared enough that if she came tomorrow, with help from our family and friends, we would survive just fine. Although a little more disorganized than I like.
At Seth’s work shower yesterday one of the ladies who had a baby seven months ago brought her cute little girl and she was the last one to leave and we helped her out to her car and I made lots of mental notes of things I never realized. Like how much junk you have to tote around for a baby, and how heavy those car seats really are with a baby in them. And she drove a car so she had to like do this weird throw to get the baby into the car with her back. I was glad we had an SUV at that point, because when she leaned in to buckle the kid in she practically had to lie flat out in the car to get everything attached. She was smart though, Ty and Holly got us that thing you put over the car seat to keep the kid warm, the thing I’m worried is going to suffocate the kid, but this lady put all the toys in it after she zipped it up, so she didn’t have to pack them all into the diaper bag. I thought that was pretty genius. But like she had no hands to carry out her take out box, and it’s not like you can make multiple trips to the car! So that was interesting. It reminded me of that word problem they give you when you are little where you have like a fox and chicken and a cow and you have to figure out how to get them across the river and there are all these rules like the fox can’t be left alone with the chicken and stuff.
And I’ve now completely gone off topic.

Photos
So before Kathy’s shower I went and dug out our trust digital camera which used to be the best digital camera in the family, it’s been on all our vacations. It’s a good little camera, Seth got it from his brother for Christmas five years ago or something. I put the rechargeable batteries in and flipped it on and it was like, yeahhhh no. So I got new batteries and tried that and it was like haaaaa, still no. Seth played around with it the last couple of weeks and declared it dead. So last night we had to order a new one from Best Buy, mostly because we had all those gift cards to Best Buy we couldn’t get rid of. I was pretty crabby about it. But we will need a camera when she is born and I love my mom, but sometimes it’s hard to get pictures from her, and when she posts them on facebook and you try to copy them, the quality is really terrible. We only ended up paying 65 bucks for a 200 dollar camera, but I was pretty grumbly the whole time we did it. I do know it has “blink” technology, so it recognizes when someone blinks in a picture and then takes another one right away and it has something where it will take 25 pictures in a few seconds, so that is pretty cool too. And it has “smile” technology. Not the super fancy DLSR that I wanted but I really don’t have 1000 bucks to blow on one, or the time to learn how to make it do all the fancy stuff jenifriend does.
Speaking of darling friend jenifriend, she is back from Texas and we have decided that she will come take newborn photo’s instead of maternity photos. I’m secretly relieved because I’ve hated every second of being pregnant, so I really don’t care to have this time in my life documented forever and ever. The shower photos I have are horrifying enough, and since I don’t seem to fall into the line of sexy maternity photos, I’m way more excited at the prospect of newborn photos. I can’t believe we only have 31 days! I’m also happy because we are scheduled to do family photos with my family when she comes down, and I won’t be pregnant in those, and Evelynn will get to be in them! I’m also thinking of talking to Seth’s family once we get a date because then we can get full family photos then too since Seth’s mom is always complaining that we don’t have any full family photos. I was thinking of trying to get her here the weekend of the baptism, but I don’t even know when that is going to be. And her wedding is coming up soon so I don’t want to make her drive up here when I know she is in go time for her wedding. Lord I remember that hot mess.

Rambley Sue bids you adieu
Well I’d better look busy before my lacky starts talking to me about weird stuff. My coworker isn’t here for me to talk to today, so I’ll have to try and make this day chug along best I can. Here’s hoping!
Have a great day everyone!

Love (days that don’t start out with intense pain!),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. i feel so honored that i took up half a paragraph in your blog!! i look forward to seeing you in the near future so we can catch up and take fantastic baby photos. :) and yeah - this wedding is certainly going to challenge me in ways i've yet to understand. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.