Monday, June 21, 2010

It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day.

Before and when I was pregnant, this is how I slept: earplugs, a mask, lots of blankets, on my side with my hips flat on the bed, pillow between my knees and my teddy bear and baby blanket touching my face and in my arms. Now I would have a panic attack if I put earplugs and a mask on. I have a 10 pound 98.5 degree baby on my chest, I'm surrounded by a barricade of just in case pillows, and I'm so hot I can only have on blanket on. I have no idea where my teddy bear is at this moment, somewhere on Seth's side of the bed. My baby blanket is part of the pillow barrier.
How things have changed, I wouldn't want it any other way. Except for maybe a bigger bed. And a memory foam topper.

I went out to my mailbox today to get the mail, fully expecting great things, even though I haven't had personal mail since the cards for Evie's birth stopped coming. I see this plastic wrapped package and I'm all excited-samples! Sometimes when I get bored I google free samples and sign up for them. Then they sit on my kitchen table for about six months before I throw them away, that is, if they aren't totally awesome. This sample said it was for a free stretch band and it was for the "staying active!" campaign. I figured this was something left over from my job at the nuclear power plant that was sent out before my paperwork was processed. You know those health campaigns big companies do. Anyway I get inside and its for Tylenol arthritis. And it's old people. And there is a chart about how to use your free band while sitting in your chair watching TV. I'm officially old now. I'm going to take my free sample of Tylenol arthritis and my stretch band and watch the price is right in my chair today.

Actually today I did thirty minutes of "Core synergy" on the P90X lean program. It was all I could do during Evelynn's nap before she woke up and started crying to be picked up. (to her credit she laid there self soothing for about five minutes). OH MY GOD I AM SO OUT OF SHAPE. I could barely do any of the push ups. And I must have adult ADD because I spent half the time trying to figure out which of the participants Tony was boinking. It was HARD people. I have a long way to go. I am going to take a before picture, which Seth won't do. I'll have to dig out a bikini and do that tonite and then sob quietly into my baby's head and remind myself that I destroyed my body for love and the health of that child.

So marching in the parade was an experience! One I could probably do without ever repeating. Thank GOD I didn't bring the baby. It was so hot and such a long time of standing around waiting. Walking the parade route was actually fun and I had a lot of fun hanging out with my brother most of the day. But during the walk down main street, out of no where this lady in a wheel chair came out of the crowd and started trying to talk to my mom while she was shaking hands and walking. I had no idea who she was or where she came from, but I knew that look on my Mom's face so I had to try and run interference but of course I had been away from the baby for three hours by the time we actually started walking in the parade so my milk jugs had engorged and were out of control and I had to baywatch run to catch up to them. Oh did I mentioned they were recording the parade for TV? So me and my huge bouncing tats trying to catch up to a lady in a wheelchair with my mom in the middle of a parade is out there in TV land somewhere... After the parade my brother and I just got in the back of the truck that was the parade float and my dad drove us home. I hadn't ridden in the back of a truck since God knows when but it was so fun.

Sunday we went to Zum Biergarten for Father's Day and it was delicious as usual. We even got free dessert because we had to wait for a table. I got black forest cake but everyone else got a bee sting and it was to die for so my Mom traded me. Evelynn was pretty well behaved but she knows the place pretty well and the waitresses remember her and love her. I was excited because our waitress works at Capitol Hair School where I get my hair dyed too and I just got these half priced gift certificates and so I'm thinking of going the Wednesday before the family reunion to get my hair done and I'm so happy to have found a stylist, she is super cool too.

Father's Day was pretty lazy for us because it stormed all day so we mostly stayed in bed and cuddled and watched movies. Saturday was Seth's Father's Day. He spent time with Evelynn alone while I was in the parade and did such a good job, only called me three times. Then I came home and later my parents came over and Seth and I went to the movies. We saw Iron Man 2 which was really good. I wish we could have seen Knight and Day, but we only had one set of free tickets left and it was his Father's Day choice. We about crapped in our hands and ate it though when we got a combo at the snack stand and it was SEVENTEEN DOLLARS! What in tarnation? We got two drinks and a large popcorn. I thought Seth was going to pass out. I thought I was going to pass out! I'm the girl that gets refills at the gas station and keeps 64 ounce cups in my car! One that I dug out of the trash! (and washed, of course) So that almost ruined it. But Evelynn was really good for my parents. Of course.

Seth's brother's came over Friday and we had a big meal. This last week Seth and I have been trying to eat at the dinner table and have Evie sit in her high chair with us at the table while we eat so she knows what meal times are and so she knows those are times she has to sit by herself. Seth's brother's were making faces at her though and she giggled for the first time. All of us started freaking out right after it happened though and it scared her so she started crying and hasn't done it again. Seth's Dad came over to see Evelynn while I was in the parade. And Seth's mom is supposed to drop by sometime this week. I just read in my touchpoints book that the four month mark is when she starts to have stranger anxiety and doesn't like to be snatched out Seth or I's hand so I have to find a nice way to tell Janet that without making her cry. I have no idea how to do that. I had to tell my Mom and Dad about it too, but they are pretty good about letting her get used to them before they try to hold her. It just makes it worse when you try to snatch her right when you come into a room.

I need to get professional pictures of Evelynn taken, since I have none, but I really don't want to bring it up to Seth and stress him out about the money, especially since we have a nice camera and he thinks we can do it on our own...sigh.

Seth is home from work early because there are chunks of shingles in our front yard and our gutters are overflowing. I'm sure this will make him very happy. Or not. I'd better get started on the hamburger dip for nachos at Cheeto and Whitney's tonite.

A very special I love you to my Dad, who I don't tell enough that I appreciate him and love him and thank him for raising me and teaching me how to be a stay at home Mom. And for supporting and reading my blog writing. I love you Pop.

And another shout out to my Hubby, who took the time this weekend to tell me that staying at home is not a luxury like he thought and raising our baby is hard work. I'm so happy that you and I made this special little person together, she is lucky to have you for a dad and I'm lucky to have you as a husband.

Alright off to make cat throw-up, I mean hamburger dip!

Tomorrow I'll try to get pictures from our weekend up!


Love (long blog posts),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.