Wednesday, June 9, 2010

That is the saving grace of humor, if you fail no one is laughing at you.

Hi there blog world.
Man did I have an experience yesterday. I learned that Mommy's don't get sick days. At all. Luckily my husband felt enough guilt to come home and my mom stopped by ready to help but once she saw Seth there she went back to work. I woke up at five and could hardly breathe. I thought that it was because I had a ten pound baby sleeping on my chest, but alas, it was a summer cold, or allergy attack, I'm not sure. Anyway I was so congested that my head was throbbing and trying not to sneeze or cough and wake up the baby. I started to feel run down Monday when I went to my parents house to make tortillas. Actually it started Sunday. Anyway I felt like dump, hands down. But yesterday it was bad. I woke up and knew it. I tried to convince Seth to stay home and take care of the baby because what I knew was that I didn't want to get her sick. Luckily, she hasn't got it yet. Anyway it was also Nurse Carol day, so I wanted her to get her stats and be checked out. Anyway long story short, a couple of crying phone calls later he came home. All I really wanted was a shower to clear out the clogging. And because I can't get the baby to go to sleep, I can't take a steam shower. Because the door has to be shut for that. So I got Seth to do the Nurse Carol appointment and I rested and took a shower. It was nice and by the time I got that little break, I was starting to feel better. I still felt dumpy, but at least felt good enough to start interacting with the baby. By the way she weighed 10 lbs 8oz and was 25 inches long! Anyway she got checked out by Nurse Carol and she was good and how great is Nurse Carol, she even checked me out too. So I digress, anyway I'm doing better, but I had to learn to suck it up and take care of the babe.
The baby by the way is learning by the minute. She got this jumper thing that she loves and she figured out how to get the thing to play songs and light up. In like three minutes. It was so great. Seth was so amazed and was laughing and made a video that I can't seem to get off the camera. Oh and the other great thing she does is cuddling, with anyone she feels comfortable she will cuddle with you. In fact that is what she is doing right now with me while I type. Just laying on my chest cuddling. It's pretty great.
Alright I'm going to try and take Evelynn for a walk while the weather isn't too hot. Hopefully I can get that clip up for you tonite.
Love (watching my baby learn),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.