Thursday, June 10, 2010

Living in a vacuum sucks.

Please excuse that last weird rambling post. I still had a snot clogged brain.
Here are some things I've been meaning to tell you and have forgotten over and over.

First and foremost, Joshilyn Jackson's new book is out! Backseat Saints! I'm so excited! I'm currently trying to win a copy, but if I fail, I'm headed right over to the bookstore this weekend. I'm only trying to win a copy to match my signed copy of "Girl Who Stopped Swimming". So head over to her blog at http://www.joshilynjackson.com/ftk/ to check it out. But don't enter the contest because you might ruin my chances, :-). Just order the book and support one of my favorite authors. Plus, those of you newcomers to my blog, just know you may get sucked into reading her hilarious blog.

I wish I had cupcake making skills, because Ash from A year in the kitchen is doing a series of cupcakes based on cocktails and if I had the skills I would make them all and then have the Cougar Club over to try them out.

I totally forgot to fill you in on my DVR this week. I figure its important because the summer season is starting and it usually brings a lot of awesome shows.

Thursday: Glee (I'm trying to catch up from some of the episodes I missed and they are repeating the season), So You Think You Can Dance, Burn Notice
Friday: The Soup
Sunday: My life on the D-list (I have a new found joy in Kathy Griffin since catching her stand up on Bravo), Design Star
Monday: Lie to Me, Last Comic Standing, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Dhani Tackles the Globe
Tuesday: Law and Order CI
Wednesday: So you Think You Can Dance, Modern Family (catching up), Top Chef

Let me know if you are watching any of these too! Or if you have any recommendations!

Speaking of SYTYCD, I'm super excited about this season! I'm really loving Kent Boyd and blond contemporary dancer, I think her name is Lauren. I'm so excited for the action to start tonite and see my all stars! Here are some spoilers about the introduction show tonite from www.sytycdism.com:
Wade Robson (jazz) – Group Dance (both Top 11 & All Stars)
Travis Wall (contemporary) – Mark Kanemura, Kathryn McCormick, Kent Boyd, Lauren Froderman
Sonya Tayeh (jazz) – Neil Haskell, Courtney Galiano, Robert Roldan, Adé Chiké Torbert
Tyce Diorio (broadway) – Allison Holker, Lauren Gottlieb, Melinda Sullivan, Ashley Galvan, Alexie Agdeppa
Mia Michaels (contemporary) – Ade Obayomi, Alex Wong, Billy Bell
Nappy Tabs (hip hop) – Stephen “Twitch” Boss, Comfort Fedoke, Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval, Jose “Full Deck” Ruiz
Jason Gilkison (latin ballroom) – Pasha Kovalev, Anya Garnis, Cristina Santana

Um, my baby is kind of awesome. She's starting to learn things and its crazy. Seth loves it. She is also developing the ability to sit by herself for longer periods of time without getting lonely or upset. As long as we are in the same room anyway. My Mom is worried that she has separation anxiety because she really doesn't like anyone else to hold her but Seth and I. I told my Mom she is only three months old, it is not anything I can do something about just yet. But it does make it difficult to have anyone watch her so Seth and I can get out. We have about two three hours at the most and only if we leave her in a good mood. So anyway I'm hoping she will grow out of that. Last night Evelynn had some super fit. She would not stop crying when Seth gave her to me after I got out of the tub. She kept it up for a good hour, we tried everything. Feeding her, changing her, changing her clothes, even feeding her with a bottle in case I wasn't giving her enough milk since I just pumped. After about an hour I just gave her a pacifier and rocked her until she fell asleep crying. But it just jarred me. When I finally got her to sleep I couldn't sleep. I watched SYTYCD and Law and Order CI and then I made Seth's breakfast and lunch at three am. It was weird. I finally got to sleep at four, but then woke up at six and then again at eight and I've been up since then. Being a Mommy is not as easy as I imagined.
Alright the rugs are done and the baby needs a snack. Oh and apparently a pants change. :-)
Hope you have a great day!
Love (morning storms),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.