Monday, June 28, 2010

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have an addiction. It is called Netflix. I am in love and I don't care if it kills me. Netflix is my booze. If I could hug Netflix I would.
We had another exciting development in the world of Evelynn this weekend. She slept by herself overnight in her pack and play. BY HERSELF. She is really growing up entirely too fast. Last week I noticed that she has learned to smile when I hold up the camera. Its kind of amazing to watch her learn.
I sometimes wonder if I will find my second child's development as amazing as I have found Evelynn's...
Anyway she slept by herself, which means I slept like crap because I kept getting up to check on her. But maybe eventually I'll be able to sleep thru the night. Honestly it made me a little sad because I missed her during the night.
This weekend I used the heck out of my kitchen aid mixer, and I have the basic mixer. I can't even imagine what my life would be like with the attachments! I made a ton of ranch dressing, mashed potatoes, and whipped cream. My friend Pam came by Saturday and I made Cowboy Spaghetti and the chocolate sheet cake. For family dinner on Sunday I planned Chicken Friend Steak, mashed potatoes, salad, and open faced apple pie. All weekend I cooked from Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook. I think I need to lay off it though-its making me fat! It truely is good homecooked food. I need to crack open my Rocco Dispirito cookbook that cooks with less fat.
We don't have big plans for the holiday weekend. We kind of planned it to be low key. Hopefully it stays that way! I'm hoping the fireworks don't scare Evelynn! She isn't bothered too much by loud noises, but who knows, I've seen lots of babies crying during firework shows.
That is about all I'm inspired to write about today. Maybe more later... Hope you all have a great day!
Love (my kitchen aid),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.