Thursday, June 24, 2010

She had an unequalled gift... of squeezing big mistakes into small opportunities.

Yesterday I made my first contribution to my Mom's church's member care program. I made the most amazing cupcakes. I was almost sad to give them away! I delivered them today and Evelynn was good the whole car ride so she must of known we were on a good karma mission.

P90X isn't going so well for me. Its just that I can't find an hour to do it. I can barely find half an hour, and the one I want to do, the yoga, is an hour and a half long. So that is sad, but I've come to terms with where I'm at and where my body is at right now. Every time I try to diet or exercise, it takes away from my ability to produce milk or takes away my time with her. And at the end of the day, she is the most important and my job and while I'm still eating healthy, I'm just going to have to suck it up and get over myself. It seems like it only affects me when I have to go out into the world or look nice for an event. Le sigh. Mommyhood is tough sometimes!

I'm very excited because Sunday I'm going to make family dinner and I'm making Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes, salad, and open faced apple pie from my new Pioneer Woman Cooks! cookbook. I'm pretty nervous. My Dad LOVES chicken fried steak so I really want to do a good job and be able to make his favorite dish for him. I'm doing the pie, not because I actually like apple pie, but the concept of a open faced pie, and the fact that I have half a pie crust in the freezer to use up is why I picked it. I should have done it for the member care thing, because I don't think my family will eat it, but I didn't want to send an untested recipe.

So You Think You Can Dance was pretty good last night. I loved Top Chef too. I'm still in love with Kent on SYTYCD but I don't know who I like on Top Chef yet.

Well I'd better get to cleaning because Janet will be here soon and luckily the baby has gone down for a nap, who knows how long she will stay there!

Love (to cook),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.