Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Anger is the feeling that makes your mouth work faster than your mind.

Heeerrrree’s Tuesday.
I thought I’d go ahead and finish up the review of my bookshelf for you all. I look forward to seeing yours!

Bottom Shelf

For books by an amazing author, David Macaulay, I read these books in high school and loved them, he does all the pen art too they are City: A Story of Roman Planning and Construction, Castle, Motel of the Mysteries, Cathedral: The Story of Its Construction, there are a lot of great other ones that he has.
Next is Atlas of World History by John Haywood and Barry Cunliffe, that’s from one of my college classes, but it comes in handy when I’m reading Historical Fiction.
Then you have Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, which I had to read for LARP (Liberal Arts Reading Program) in college, but ended up LOVING the book.
Following that is Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia by Jean Sasson which was a really good book, again, keeping with the theme that I liked to read about people’s life stories as it relates to history.
Next is Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos which I read the middle of over my mom’s shoulder on a airplane and haven’t started/finished.
Then there is one of my fitness magazines, I have no idea why that is there.
After that is Take Care Of Yourself: The Complete Illustrated Guide To Medical Self-care by James F. Fries and Donald M. Vickery which is something the military gives out so you can see if you need to go to the hospital/emergency room or if you can just ride it out. Both Seth and Pam agree that this book has made me a hypochondriac and have both tried, on occasion, to throw it away.
Next is The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Fraser is a companion book to a book on the first shelf, the Children of Henry VIII. If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m kind of obsessed with the Tudors.
A wonderful book is next, Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I love this author (100 years of Solitude is my favorite book of his, but its out on loan), I even wrote a thesis paper on how his work affected women in Latin America.
More on the Tudors The Wives of Henry VIII by Jean Plaidy, I mentioned her earlier on shelf 1, Katherine of Aragon. This is a compellation that I got at Barnes and Noble, but that link is the closest I can find, it’s like six books in one.
Then of course closing it out I have all the Harry Potter Books 1 - 7 by J. K. Rowling books in both paper back and hard back. Some of these are loaned out. And I have The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Standard Edition by J. K. Rowling
On the top I have two stupid books from TEKsystems that they made me read for training, I don’t know why I haven’t thrown those away yet.
In front of the books on the shelf I have on the left hand side: The Collectors by David Baldacci, The Used World: A Novel by Haven Kimmel (just started), and The Girl with No Shadow by Joanne Harris. These are part of a stack of my Valentine’s Day gift book shopping spree from Seth, I haven’t read these yet.
The right hand stack is: Shark Dialogues by Kiana Davenport, The Lost Diary of Don Juan: A Novel by Douglas Carlton Abrams, and Natives and Exotics by Jane Alison. More books that I haven’t read yet that I got from my sweetie on my VD spree.

Continuing the theme of books I haven’t read yet but have stacked up ready to read from my random bargain aisle shopping:

Fixing Shadows by Susan Barrett
God's Chinese Son: The Taiping Heavenly Kingdom of Hong Xiuquan by Jonathan D. Spence
The one underneath I can’t read but I know it’s about a girl who loves NASA (like me!) Seth picked it out
This Human Season by Louise Dean
The Secrets of the Chess Machine by Robert L'Ohr
Dark Angels: A Novel by Karleen Koen
The Book of Air and Shadows: A Novel by Michael Gruber

That’s it! Whew! That was some project! Good thing I didn’t too my other book shelf, it has about 7 shelves and as many books as I can shove in it.

So! Three more days until Disney World! I’ve created this list (see below) of things we need to hit at Disney based on my research. Any of you been? Anything I need to add? And don’t say Space Mountain because I totally know, but it’s closed for renovation-rat bastards.
“Whitehead/Hellbusch/Biermann Disney World Outline

Friday-
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Main Ride/Fast Pass immediately: Expedition Everest
Things to see while waiting for Main Ride: Discovery Island, Africa Kilimanjaro Safaris, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Dino-Sue, DINOSAUR
Wet Rides: Kali River Rapids

Saturday-
Magic Kingdom
Main Ride/Fast Pass immediately: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Tomorrowland
Things to see while waiting for main ride: Cinderella Castle, Indiana Jones Adventure: The Temple of the Forbidden Eye, Jungle Cruise, The Hall of Presidents, Tomorrowland will be fun to walk thru

Sunday-
Epcot
Main Ride/Fast Pass immediately: Test Track, Mission: SPACE
Things to see while waiting for main ride: Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, Universe of Energy, The Land, Imagination!, the World Showcase that has like Germany in it and stuff

Monday-
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Main Ride/Fast Pass immediately: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Things to see while waiting for the main ride: Star Tours, Studio Backlot Tour, The Magic of Disney Animation

And of course, we have to see the parade!”

Alright that’s enough out of me today! Hope you all have a great day and pray this day goes by fast for you.
Love (for this week to hurry the heck up),
Carrie



1 comment:

  1. i had no idea you're going away! what am i going to do when i am at work?!!! who will i talk to?? will i have to *cough cough* work?!! :)

    have fun at disney; it should be a total blast!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.