Friday, May 22, 2009

A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.

FRRRRRIIIIIIDAAAAAYYY!

Hey Hey all!

So you think you can watch?
So did you watch SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE last night?
Seth and I had this conversation last night:
C: Hey, so I’m going to watch SYTYCD without you tonite, and you can watch it later.
S: What? Why?
C: Because I can’t wait. And all your shows got cancelled so you need something to watch by yourself anyway.
S: *pouts* well only the audition rounds, not the live show
C: Fine, but don’t hold me to that.

Hee hee. Some things have priorities people! So one of my favorite things to do after I watch a show is to read the recap of it, and catch things I might have missed. My favorite recaps are on www.TelevisionWithoutPity.com because they snark and as we all know I love the snark. Here is this episodes blog: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/american_idol/auditions_brooklyn_and_denver.php
I know it is under the American Idol show for some reason right now. I think that is because the guy who recaps American Idol also recaps SYTYCD. Another great site, I’ve just discovered for SYTYCD info is www.sytycdism.com
Anywhoo-if you watched the show you will know all about what I’m talking about in the next couple paragraphs, if you are crazy and NOT watching this show then I bite my thumb at you and you can skip down to the next bolded titleheader.
First off, I love the contemporary stuff, it grows on me more every year, to the point that I’m excited to see Mia Michaels. I love it more when they take a hip-hop dancer or a hardcore dancer in a different craft and make them do something beautiful and powerful like contemporary. Like when they made Joshua do it last year. The first year it really affected me is when they made Ivan, this white red headed hard core thug kid do it and I just BAWLED. I have that dance clip on my phone and ipod now. And just recently on www.sytycdism.com I saw him do a contemporary routine with Travis Wall to Howie Day’s “Collide” which was Seth and I’s first dance song so of course I get all weepy just hearing it.
I really liked that Pete tap dancer guy, but I know he won’t make it far, and that could be because he was cute. Natalie Reid (at the very end) face really bothers me. She looks like she was rode hard and put away wet. I do like her dancing though. And I like when Sonya gets all into it, that lady is growing on me! I don’t get what teared Mary up about Brandon Boyd because I thought his song choice kind of sucked. But I’m always glad to see people I know in Vegas week. The other “moving” story I remember from last night is the girl whose Mom was in the circus and she had some horrible disease and she danced like a bird. But I’m biased because I secretly hate and fear circus people. Also I think she looks like Sabra who won Season 2 and no one ever heard from her again.
Oh and there is that guy with the umbrella. He made me cry…even though he ugly cried like an SOB. So excited this show is back! What did you everyone think? I can't wait for you newbies to get into the competitive rounds because they are the best part!

I will remember you…
So it’s Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully I will get come good pictures in this weekend and can update you all. My plans are up in the air at the moment so I’m waiting for them to fall into place. I made a lot of open ended commitments and hopefully I don’t do them all or it may not be much of a weekend for me. Tonite I’m going to do the prep work on the Enchi’s in case my family comes over after the track meet and if they don’t come, then I’ll just have lots of Enchi’s. Pam said she would help out with assembly, but she either has to work tonite or tomorrow and I was thinking assembly would happen tomorrow in the morning, since my family would hypothetically come over around 1. But then last night I was talking to my Pop and I mentioned that we were going to see Angels and Demons on Monday if he wanted to tag along and he said that he really wanted to see it but he was busy on Monday, so I volunteered Saturday, since we were open then too. So if we go to the movies, I have to assemble cheese tonite for sure and make the Mexican Coleslaw (that’s right bitches, you may not like it but I LOVE it so I’m making it.) Also Chet asked us what we were doing tonite because he’s in town this weekend to work at Hy-vee and he gets lonely and loves to hang out with the kid-tens. So I told him he could come over after Seth gets back from golf and watch a movie. Then this morning Cheeto and Whit emailed and wondered what we were up to. Man! I didn’t know we were so fun to hang around. All we do is watch tv and talk about our cats.
Sunday we have the picnic which I’ve finally pieced together (with the help of Pam and my Pop) the recipe for my potato salad. I need Seth to do the math because it calls for 3 lbs of potatoes and I have 5 lbs.
Monday depending on when we see the movie we will either see the movie or I will work on my closest and hopefully help Seth finish doors. And remember people on Memorial Day, especially our troops.

TV news!!
Last night when I was watching Make Me a Supermodel (poor Salome-I hate Montahua, I wish she would have went home-Salmone was the only halfway normal looking girl on the show. And then they almost cut Sandhurst, the comic relief-WTF!!?!) I saw an ad for a show starting in June on Bravo called Top Chef Masters. If I had started this blog a couple months earlier, you would have been submerged with reading about my love for Top Chef. So I’m super excited! Here is the website! http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-masters If you watch it, let me know! It starts on June 10th!

Be safe!
Have a good weekend all! Be safe! Drive careful and buckle up and all that good jazz and most importantly, enjoy your loved ones and the time you are spending together this weekend-I know I will!

Love (a holiday weekend),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.