Monday, May 18, 2009

Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets.

Welcome to Monday all! It’s going to be a long week! On the plus side, at the end of the week, there is a holiday, so that’s exciting. Here is our weekend recap:

Friday
Seth went to golf and I cleaned floors (and decided I needed a new mop) and organized things. Seth came home around 8 with Qudoba (YAY!) and we watched things on the DVR and stayed up entirely too late.

Saturday
Saturday we woke up late (best thing ever) and Kathy called to give us their timeline on when they would pick us up for Dalton’s party. We hurried and got dressed and ran to Rotella’s for Dad (he ran out of time) and then over to Walmart to get Dalton a card and pick up some stuff for the garden. (and subsequently 93 dollars of other crap that I can’t even remember it was that important. Oh the mop, we got a new mop after fighting in the aisle for 3 minutes about why I couldn’t just get a swiffer wet jet)
We rushed home and got ready, it took me the better part of an hour to figure out what I was going to wear. I got some new black leggings and Seth’s favorite thing to do is sing “She’s a Maniac!” when I walk by because he thinks he’s funny (he’s not). Around 3:30 Kathy called to say they got a new puppy at dog training class so to go on without them. We drove to Palmyra by way of Waverly because GARMIN IS RETARDED. Halfway there I discovered I remembered the back road way but by then it was too late. To Waverly we went and then literally drove back to Palmyra. (for those of you unaware of the geography, we literally drove 25 minutes past Palmyra and then exited and drove back to Palmyra, all because Garmin apparenlty loves the interstate and hates back roads).
The party was SUPER FUN and my aunt had pizza there which is the best idea ever if you are doing a graduation party. People LOVE pizza. I myself ate three slices. I think Seth had 5 and two pieces of cake. The cake was really good. Dalton was a gracious host, way better than I was, walking up to every person as soon as they came in and shaking their hand or hugging them and thanking them whole heartedly for coming. He was all grown up and it was almost tear inducing. I visited with my cousin’s and family and we headed home around 8:40 ish.
When we got home we watched Resident Evil 3 which I really liked! We bought the series on Blu-Ray because it was on special and I’m glad we did because I remembered how much I liked those movies. Although now when I see a crow, I get a little jumpy.

Sunday
We woke up Sunday and went to see Star Trek-which was AWESOME. I loved it. And now have a new crush on Chris Pine (Captain Kirk) and a renewed (because of Heroes) crush on Zachary Quinto (Spock) and I want them to make 10 more with both of those guys in it. The writing was phenomenal and I didn’t even notice I was watching a sci-fi cult classic. Even the throwbacks to the classic sayings were gracefully done.
After the movie we went home and I started the laundry, washed/vaccuumed the car, pulled erroneous grass out of the flowerbeds, and made lunches for today. Seth weed whacked, watered the lawn and garden, played with the kittens, and helped me clean up the kitchen. We had picked up some pizza dough from Rotella’s when we stopped for Dad, so we made pizzas and calzones for dinner. We had a good time making them. I love cooking with my husband. Then we watched SNL Digital Shorts while we snuggled on the couch. D*ck in a box might be the greatest digital short ever. Just FYI.

Coming soon to a weekend near you!
So here is what we have on tap for this weekend. Friday Seth has golf league, he might get off early to do some sanding, hopefully we will get the doors done and finish up the last bit of trim. Either Friday or Sunday my mom is having a Memorial Day BBQ where I am going to make Potato Salad and something light with corn. I haven’t gotten past that just the ingredient and style I know I want to use. I really want to make my Mexican coleslaw, but Seth says I’m the only person who likes that. So I think either Saturday or Monday I’m going to make enchi’s! Yay! I owe Pam a pan, so what better time than on a holiday weekend? Also this weekend I will purge at least 1 closet (part of my commitment to make more room in my closet by getting rid of things that are too small or frumpy or broken) and hopefully my garden will do something exciting so I can talk about that. So far the beans have come up and my grandpa made me an obelisk for them to climb, so maybe they will start climbing and look pretty and I will take a picture for you. We also are going to see Angels and Demons. It seems to be our new theme for summer is that we see movies a week late. If we get our Terminator Blu Ray’s in time (Seth says if he has to go see Harry Potter I have to go see Terminator so we are watching all of them so I know what’s going on and don’t ruin Seth’s movie experience by asking questions-which is, I agree, the most annoying thing ever...does this mean he has to watch all the Harry Potter’s? I hope!) and we can see Terminator Monday…maybe…they aren’t due to ship until tomorrow, and I highly doubt they will make it here before Saturday.

This week’s goals
So I’m trying to be accountable. This week I’m trying to do some form of exercise every night. Also I’m going to try to limit myself to one pop a day-only at night. That way if I get all bloaty, Seth will be the only one who knows. Check back with me in a week to see if I did it.

Exciting TV news!
Dollhouse is renewed!
Chuck is renewed!
Castle is renewed!
To keep up with the renewals and see if your favorite shows made it-go where I do-here:
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/fall-tv-cheat-s.html
Also-SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE STARTS THIS WEEK!!! And best news ever, they are doing the sixth season immediately following this season so this fall you can watch it too! AND Shane Sparks, my favorite choreographer is back! SO EXCITED!

Live long and prosper!
I’m out kids-have a great day, talk to you tomorrow!!

Love (to be in Star Trek with the new cast),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.