Monday, May 4, 2009

People who have no weaknesses are terrible; there is no way of taking advantage of them.

Hi all Happy Monday!

It’s the final countdown…
We leave for Orlando on Friday! Yay! It’s finally here-we had family dinner last night and talked about our jam packed schedule, basically every day is Disney Day! We are probably going to do the Animal Kingdom on Friday, DisneyWorld on Saturday, Epcot on Sunday, and the movie on Monday before we leave. I will spend all of Tuesday sleeping for sure.

Preparations:
To prep for the big trip I have a lot to do. At least 2 loads of laundry, packing suitcases, cleaning the house for our furbaby/house sitter (Chet), writing out detailed instructions for Chet, getting my nails done, and watching the DVR so it doesn’t explode!

Speaking of the DVR,
I didn’t get much watched this weekend because we spent the majority of the weekend putting the garden in (more on that in a second). But we did manage to get in a couple of shows. We watched Dollhouse, where my favorite “Firefly” character turned out to be the bad guy-WASH! (who I now must refer to as Alpha) so that episode was really good. Then I watched Ghost Whisperer and Grey’s and Criminal Minds. Joel McHale was in rare form on the Soup, he’s so funny…

If I plant it, it better grow…
So Saturday Seth worked really hard to put in the garden fence and till the garden. When he was done we realized we had a whole lotta garden to work with. We spent about 65 dollars on various seeds and plants. I’m hoping they all take. Here’s what I can recall planting off the top of my head, I took pictures of the garden I’m going to try and post later this week if I get a chance. Tomatoes (Roma and Beefers), Bell Peppers (Yellow and red), green bean, asparagus beans (these are an experiment), Cucumbers, watermelon, peas, garlic, shallots, artichokes, celery, corn, white pumpkin, potatoes, carrots, radishes, onions, red cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and broccoli (phew!) Fingers crossed at least half of those produce!

And then we were old.
We joined (that I completely forgot about) a golf league on Friday. I think that makes us old. Like, do we get to eat dinner at 4 now? It was fun though, a lot of our friends are in it. My mom organized it so it really turned out to be a good time.

Math game domination
Pam and Jason came over Saturday night and we made a great meal (chicken and hamburgers on the grill, Seth made sweet potato slices on the grill, we had campfire potatoes and asparagus and chocolate cake). We played games after that. Pam brought Rumbis (I don’t know if that is the real name, its like 3D blockus) and I dominated all the math nerds who totally over thought everything. Pam came in second because we tag teamed the boys. Then we played Cranium Wow where Pam and I teamed up and the boys cheated to win. Stupid boys. Oh and Jason had Pam milk a cow which was hilarious.

Naked Hugh Jackman and family dinner
Sunday I saw Hugh Jackman naked and audibly squeed in the movie theater. I really liked the Wolverine movie, but Seth is a comic book nerd, so he had some issues with it because it didn’t’ follow the comic book. I have no issues with naked Hugh Jackman movies. After the movie we loaded up the tiller we borrowed from my parents and went and had family dinner. It was steaks and this AWESOME potato casserole that was just plain awesome. Then we went home and Seth fell asleep because he was exhausted.


So that’s about it for our clan. Four more days until Disney!
Love (for this work week to fly by!),
Carrie

7 comments:

  1. So tell me more about this potato casserole... :)

    Also, have you checked out Molly from 94.1's blog? market2menu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to ask my mom for sure, but I know it involved new potatoes, butter, cheese, and a packet of that hidden valley ranch dip mixed with sour cream, and it was pretty awesome!
    I did see that, I have her on my blogroll in the morning (google reader) but she NEVER updates it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh that sounds good! And I have some potatoes I need to use... :)

    I know, she has a few good things on there, I wish she would keep it up! Do you know of any more good food blogs? I follow A Year in the Kitchen (love it!) but would like to find more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this one and have been looking thru it, there is a lot of desserts!
    http://casualconcoctions.blogspot.com/
    What other blogs do you follow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found a new one this morning that I've only just started to look at, but appears it may have some good stuff
    foodsnobberyhobbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh i can't wait to have a garden...hopefully the hoa won't interfere with the size of the one that i want!! stupid hoa. you may not get any growth from asparagus this year, as it's usually the first thing to produce itself through the frost of april. read 'animal, vegetable, miracle' and you will learn so much about planting your head will explode.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I say asaparagus? Oh yeah the asparagus beans, basically they are green beans that taste like aspargus (apparently) so they should come up this year, my mom has been trying to grow aspargus for three years now!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.