Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Hi All!
Did you miss me? I missed you. I thought of you randomly throughout the weekend and the day yesterday. Yesterday I was in training and then I had to go pee in a cup and get fingerprinted. Such are the things that can happen to you randomly when you work at a nuclear power plant.
SO! The weekend. The holiday weekend. It seems so long ago that I hardly want to talk about it. So here’s the short version: Friday-Chet, Cheeto and Whit came over and watched a movie, I practically passed out in my seat I was so tired. Saturday we slept in (yay!) and then I cooked up a STORM, my grandparents stopped by, I made 12 pans of enchi’s, 5 lbs of potato salad, and pasta salad. Sunday we went to Target and Lowe’s and to my Mom’s picnic. I made a cherry pie that morning. We had a lovely time at my mom’s picnic. Monday Seth worked on sanding doors and I worked on cleaning the closets and dressers. I got 4 bags for the Vets! Yay me! Monday night I pouted about having to go back to work. The end.
This weekend I am seeing Wicked at the Orpheum and I am SO EXCITED! We are also waiting for our Terminator Blu-Ray’s from Amazon so that we can watch those and go see Terminator the movie. Since it’s supposed to be NINETY FRIGGIN DEGREES here this weekend, I am planning on seeing Angels and Demons and Terminator and spending as much time as possible in air conditioning that I don’t have to pay for.
The garden is still coming along. I spent about 2 hours in it Sunday hacking out all the errant grass that was trying to take over. I’m coming to resent all the work I’m putting into this stupid garden in the heat with the bugs, it better start producing soon or we are going to have words. Things are perking up, the cloudy cool rainy days these past two days seem to be doing them well.
I know this is a short week but man it feels like it is taking FOREVER. I’ve purposely tried to keep our next couple of weekends free and on the fly so that we can get some of our house work done before summer sets in. Next weekend though it looks like Seth is going 3 hours away for Cheeto’s bachelor party at a cabin in the woods with some dudes, which really, sounds like the lamest and not bachelor party-ish thing ever, but whatever, at least they are doing hookers and blow, right?
I tried to watch House last night on USA because nothing else was on and I LOVED all the snarkiness and the quips, but I have no idea whose doing or done who and why there is tension where there is tension and it’s really annoying. It’s taking everything in my not to wiki it and just read all the plot lines I’ve missed to catch up.
I’ve also DVR’d (for lack of anything on my DVR-yay summer) “Strong Men”, “Obsessed” and “Top Chef: Masters”. I watched Obsessed last night and it’s from the same people who do Intervention and it’s all about people with extreme OCD and anxiety and MAN. I loved it. There was this lady who lost her dad in a horrific bus vs car accident on the freeway and she wore the clothes he died in all the time and it was just like, WHOA. She got better though, so that’s good and they burned the clothes. It left you with more of a happy feeling than Intervention does, and you don’t have to listen to that infuriating Intervention theme song written by some druggie either. AND you don’t feel like half of the people are faking it for attention. Like really, if you are fucked up enough to wear your dead Dad’s clothes that are all covered in dried blood and guts, you need help. And they actually show you the whole therapy process so that was cool too, I’m looking forward to next week’s show.
So You Think You Can Dance is on tonite-did anyone watch last week? I’m excited for tonite’s, like I am every week for SYTYCD. Tonite is Miami and Houston I think…
Alright well I still have a little more training to do today, so I’d better get to that. Hopefully I will have TONS to talk about tomorrow and will just enthrall you all with my wondrous wordplay on dancing.
Love (to watch SYTYCD),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.