Thursday, May 21, 2009

To err is human; to forgive, infrequent.

Happy Thursday All!

American Idol/SYTYCD
Okay so I know I said I wasn’t going to be upset at whoever won, but I was sad that Adam didn’t get to run his mascara. However I was glad that Kris Allen finally acknowledged that he has a wife. More importantly-OH DAVID COOK! Have I mentioned I LOVE David Cook. And I BAWLED thru his song “Permanent” which if you didn’t know, is about his brother, who just a couple weeks ago died of brain cancer. So do something good like I’m going to do when I get home and go download the song from the evil empire that is ITUNES and give some money to his cancer foundation. It will get you some karma points and you will now own an amazing song.
Watching all of this made me even more excited for a REAL reality show that deserves the awesomeness and respect that Idol gets- SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, which starts tonite. I cannot say it enough-please watch and fall in love, or at least start watching once they pick the top 20 dancers. I get if you don’t like auditions shows, I don’t even like watching them.

Work Bathroom
You are hearby forewarned that I’m going to spend the next section talking about my bathroom at work. I’ve been using it for almost 5 years now, so I have a lot of opinions on it.
First the layout. You can enter the bathroom from two sides. Think of the bathroom like a giant rectangle. I usually walk in from the left hand side of the rectangle. The order goes like this right when you walk in:
Handicap Toilet Splash back Toilet Safe/Overused Toilet, Uneven Floor Toilet, Toilet with the wobbly butt pinching seat.
Following that is the sinks:
Safe sink, Sink whose water gets really hot, sink whose knobs turn the wrong way, Sink near the tampon mountain.
Now here’s how the bathroom choice usually goes for me-I tend to beeline straight for the Safe/Overused Toilet. It used to be the safe toilet, but I’ve recently found that it is really overused. It’s the safe toilet because it’s essentially the one in the middle and if you go in there, you give other people who come in enough space to not go in the stall next to you.
Now if I’m not alone in the bathroom, I have to do the decision dance.
If the Safe/Overused Toilet is not available, I do the Uneven Floor Toilet even though it makes me feel off balance the entire time I’m peeing. Following that I pick the Splash Back Toilet, because for some reason, people rarely use it, and it’s closest to the door so I don’t have to make that hemming and hawing decision when I walk in.
No one ever uses the Handicap Toilet, the only people I’ve ever seen use it are visitors to the plant. Most of the time it’s lid is up because no one ever goes in there, even though I’m sure it’s the cleanest toilet. (Here, when the bathrooms are cleaned they leave the toilet seat up so you know).
I’ve had my butt pinched by the wobbly seat and I will never do it again. If you ever had your butt pinched by a toilet seat, you will know the pain I’m talking about here.

So that’s my daily bathroom drama. And I go about 20 times a day. We generally follow the one space rule here, even with the sinks. But even so, when things get crowded, I have to sing to myself in my head to be able to go. Usually Hilary Duff’s Rain song from Laguna Beach. I have no idea why. If that doesn’t work then usually Water Runs Dry by Boyz II Men. I’m different, I accept and love this, you should too.

So Long Lovelies!
I’m hungry and I’m going to get lunch. I’m not going to josh you here-food is way more important to me than finishing this blog post eloquently.

Love (food in most of its forms)
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.