Monday, June 1, 2009

A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.

Hey Friends, blog-stalkers, and blog-enjoyers alike.
I threw that last word in there, but I’ve decided that the world blogstalking shouldn’t have a negative connotation. It just means you enjoy blogs silently. I’m guilty of it. Mostly because my work blocks the comments sections so I can’t leave comments. I would be much less of a blogstalker if my work would quit making me unable to comment.

Our weekend was busy which makes me mad because there was a lot I wanted to get done that didn’t get done. Seth is out of town at Cheeto’s camping bachelor party next weekend (seriously, bachelor parties are for ONE NIGHT, not three days-but whatever).

Friday
Friday I got off a smidge early and played in the garden. The kidtens were out and I went inside while Seth was outside to check my email and of course, Seth came in to see what I was doing and in the five seconds we were inside Willow snuck thru a hole in the fence and ran away. We had a nuclear meltdown. Seth ran around the neighborhood calling for her and looking for her and asking the neighbors about her. I just waited in the backyard for her to come back, mostly frozen in fear. She came back about ½ hour later. She’s not allowed outside anymore. After that Seth guilted me into going to golf league (I hadn’t been in like forever-it’s not fun when it is hot) and then we went shopping at Lowe’s and Walmart afterwards and got nachos at Qudoba. Then we came home and watched the first Terminator movie. Which was…meh. You know there are 80’s movies that are really good and classic and stand the test of time, like the Godfather movies, but Terminator movies? Not so much. Seth said however, that I would fit in during the 80’s really well, they dance like I do, and dress like I do. What can I say? I was born too late.
I’m pretty much worthless on Friday nights because I get up early, so I went to bed at 1 and Seth stayed up and watched SYTYCD on the DVR and other shows of his he had on there until 4:30am!!

Saturday
So needless to say we slept in Saturday. Well he did, I got up and had a panic attack because there was a 12 hour House marathon on USA this weekend so I had to scramble to change taping it in HD to regular because I just don’t have that kind of space. I watched a couple of those and ate lunch and then we went shopping for house cr*ap again (seriously when does it end? We spent like 80 bucks at every store we went to this weekend!) got back, restarted my herb garden, and my parents called and wanted to go eat greek, and I’m never one to pass up greek food, so we did that and got home about 10 and watched the next two terminator movies. Again…ugh. The second one was well done. It’s kind of fun to see people who are famous now all young in the movies. Like did you know Bill Paxton from Big Love is one of the punk kids the Terminator beats up in the beginning? And did you know that the chief from Law and Order is the guy who creates Skynet’s wife?

Sunday
Sunday we got up and basically ate lunch and went to see Terminator 4 (the reason we had to watch all the other terminator movies this weekend) it was okay but not my style. There are some hot guys in it though. There was just way to many explosions. Some of the camera angles were really good though. The point of view, like when the helicopter is crashing is pretty amazing. I felt like I was back on Mission Space at Epcot!
Then basically I came home and started the laundry and then made lunches for today and watched House and left to my Mom’s for Wicked.
Wicked was really good. My Mom did that thing where she watches you for every reaction because she’s seen it so many times. I had to change seats at the intermission because the woman in front of me had claw clipped her hair so high every time the people went stage right I couldn’t see what was going on. It was a good show though. The first act was 90 minutes long! I wasn’t really able to tell though. I wish I had gotten some Wicked gear, the people who came back at intermission had some neat t-shirts, but I didn’t get up because I was afraid I would have to pee, and I knew the line would be hella long. I would have LOVED to see Kristin Chenowith as Glinda though. The girls who played the main characters were AMAZING! So I didn’t get home until dang near 11. Then Seth wanted to show me (with a flash light in the dark) what he had been working on all day outside. As soon as we went out we saw an opossum. It was a baby and it scurried away and I flipped the heck out. Seth can’t get the holes in our fence fixed fast enough.
It was about 100 degrees in the house and the rain started and it started coming in the windows so Seth shut them and I said “you are so turning on the air, right?” so we fought about that until I had a heat stroke and then he turned it on. The storms were nice though. I wouldn’t mind if they would last forever.

The week ahead
Not too much on tap for the week. Seth has a test for his masters class and I have about 110 episodes of House to get off the DVR. I’m trying to woo Pam with the promise of Zio’s and House to come over and help me paint Seth’s bathroom so I can be done with painting once and for all. I’m very excited because I’m going to get my hair done Saturday at 1. So I’m planning my Pam trickery after that. J I’m struggling with what color to go this time, I need a different shade blond. Depending on how confident my hairstylist looks, I’m going say, get the book, I need a new shade of blond and I want you to tell me which one works best with my skin. Also I need a new hairstyle. I’ll try to take pictures and let you know how it turns out.

Because I’m 12…
I’ve been typing a lot of emails with the word “doing” in them, but about every other time I mess up and type “dong” and then giggle incessantly for about 2 minutes. I also am guilty of trying to type “about it” and typing “abou tit” instead and giggling about that for 3 minutes.
It hasn’t been a very productive morning.

The month ahead
I’m trying to keep our weekends laid back this month because I want all the house stuff to get done so I can enjoy my house, and so I’m not embarrassed by it at our July 4th party (this year with lawn games!)
Of course though, the weekend after this is already starting to look clogged and hinky. Seth went all out with his brothers for Father’s Day for his dad and got him a hunting bow of his dreams. My family went all out for my dad and got him something he has said he wanted for a while now. Seth has a golf tourney on the 19th and he’s not feeling confident about his golf game so he wants a lesson from my grandpa (who is practically a golf pro). So we are going down to Syracuse on the 13th so he can get a lesson. My grandma and I are going to Palmyra days and are hanging out. They are so excited. Then we have about 300 parties that night that. Actually just 3 that day, Whitney is having a bridal shower in Yutan that I won’t be able to go to. Then her bachelorette party is that night, I’m going to try to make an appearance at that to give her a gift and say hi (the bar scene is really not my thing, I didn’t even do it at my party and I bailed out of my best friends bachelorette parties once they went there) and then Pam, my bestest friend, is having a birthday party that night, and since I worked REALLY HARD on her gift and got it done ahead of time I absolutely want to be there when she opens it and show it off. So I’m dilemmatized.
Then we have to figure out how to do Father’s Day which is a MESS because Seth’s Mom and Brother both work that Day, so we either have to try and do it after they get off work (which would be late for us) or do it another day. And figure out when we are going to do my Dad.
I think I’ll leave it to Seth to figure out. It overwhelms me.
Alright I’d better actually work today.I hope you all had a great weekend and an even better week!

Love (to be home, in bed, reading a book and napping),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Ditto on Wicked. I saw it on Saturday with my mom and LOVED it! We were in the front row of the balcony so no one sat in front of us. It was great! So you didn't see Angels and Demons? That was the other movie, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Seth decided that he never wants to see a movie over 2 hours because he'd rather save the 13 bucks and buy the DVD and then be able to pause when we have to pee and not miss anything. Hahah.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.