Monday, June 15, 2009

You've got to take the bitter with the sour.

Hello Monday and people of the blog.

Today I got a new job responsibility which is why today’s blog is coming to you late. Tomorrow I have another doctor’s appointment to review our test results. Hopefully they don’t tell me they have to shoot me up with dye again because that was HORRIBLE.

Weekend recap
This weekend was busy! Since I had death Friday, we laid low. I went to my parents and my mom and I went to Old Navy (half priced men’s clothes-Seth is getting pants!) and then we had pizza with them.
Saturday we woke up early and went to Syracuse so Seth could take a golf lesson from my Grandpa and I hung out with my Grandma delivering things for Palmyra days. It was really fun. The best part of the day though, was when we drove past the library and they had a cart and table of FREE BOOKS. I was like STOP THE CAR!!! I think I got about 25 books. I couldn’t tell if my Grandma was proud or embarrassed! Then we went back to the house and at homemade church lady pie and soft serve ice cream. After that we went to have a quick bite at Mamacita’s in Bennett. After that we went to Lincoln to pick up Seth’s Dad’s father’s day gift and then drove to Columbus to celebrate Father’s Day with Seth’s family. We had a really fun time there with them.
On Sunday we woke up late and then started getting things ready for Pam’s BBQ party. Holly, Ty, Jason, Pam, Jesse, and my parents all came. Seth did a really good job on the ribs (from what I hear) and I made Mac n Cheese nests, Dilly Potatoes, and black bean corn salsa. We played Apples to Apples and had a really great time.

In loving memory
When I was in college I broke up with my high school boyfriend and to soothe my wounds my parents let me get a cat-his name was Samuel Chipper Jones. I got him from Pam. He was a sweetie who walked to the beat of his own drum. Over time he became a regular old tomcat and was known to talk to whoever would listen. This morning, after a battle with an illness, we let Sam go. It breaks my heart every time I think about it. I can’t imagine sitting on my parents deck without old Sammy Screwball coming to tell me what’s up. My dad took him into the vet today and I just don’t know have the right words to tell him thank you for loving him to the end, from the bottom of my heart. If you have a cat or pet give it some love today in honor of Sammy, even though Sam would probably run away if you tried to give him unsolicited love.

Adios
Alright my loves, my eyes are welling up with tears again so I’m going to finish out the rest of this day. See you tomorrow!

Love (Samuel Chipper Jones),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.