Thursday, June 11, 2009

I bought a cactus. A week later it died. And I got depressed, because I thought, Damn. I am less nurturing than a desert.

Happy Thursday everyone!

*Waves enthusiastically*
So remember when I lovingly implored you all to go buy Joshilyn Jackson’s new paperback “The Girl Who Stopped Swimming”? (Seriously, if you haven’t done it-do it, I wouldn’t lie to you-it’s a great book) Well I was killing two birds with one stone, I was getting the word out about one of my favorite authors (and if you are an avid reader of my blog, you will know that, I talk about her a lot) AND I was entering her contest to win a signed copy of her book. My first contest ever. And I WON!!! I was so excited about it last night I posted about it on facebook and I think the entire facebook community now thinks I’m a freak. One of many, I’m sure. Why doesn’t this sort of magic happen when I win buy lotto tickets?? Maybe I should talk more about winning the lotto on my blog…
BUT the best part of this story is that in winning, you may have noticed that Joshilyn *SWOON* linked this little old blog right here! Which in theory, means that some of her THOUSANDS of readers a day, may be inclined to link on this blog and read it. That means all six of us might have some more visitors and some more comments to share. If you came over here from Joshilyn’s site-WELCOME! I’m glad you are here! Sit, read, hang out a while! It isn’t much, but it’s mine! And if I could give you snacks-I would. Because I’m a snacks kind of gal. I hope you have a good time-come back and see us again! Those regular readers, if you want to give the new kids some insight into this blog or your thoughts, the comments are down below. Have at it.
I can’t even THINK about the fact that Joshilyn had to click on my link and look at my blog. I start hyperventilating like that time I saw Emilio Estevez at Old Tucson on a girl scouts trip. I’m hoping she didn’t read the first paragraph and go Holy Mac and Cheese what is this hot mess and back arrow as fast as she could. All though we did talk about brushing your butt with a toothbrush yesterday-so I wouldn’t blame her!

So You Think You Can Dance
Did you watch last night!?!? Did you!?!? Okay so I have some favorites. Who are yours? I voted for these couples:
Phillip & Jeanine - Hip-Hop - Napoleon & Tabitha
Evan & Randi - Jazz – Tyce
Jason & Caitlin - Bollywood - (to Jai Ho)
Brandon & Janette - Foxtrot - Louis Van Amstel
Ade & Melissa - Contemporary - Mandy Moore
Maks & Kayla - Samba - Louis Van Amstel

I really liked Evan-he surprised me. And Ade and Melissa’s contemporary routine got me because they used a Richard Marx song and I have the biggest soft spot for Richard Marx songs in the history of soft spots.
I hate eliminating people so early, I wish they got two weeks to show us what they can do and to let us get to know them a little better.
Here’s a brilliantly snarky blog that I love to read if you missed the show and need a recap: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/so_you_think_you_can_dance/the_top_20_dancers_perform.php

Back to Doctor Pokes a lot *shivers*
I’m headed back to the doctor today for another test-don’t worry I’m not dying, just trying to have babies. We are making sure everything good to go on my end. Who knew there were so many tests they can do to see if you can have babies? Oh well, at least today I get to go home early, even if it means I get injected with radioactive dye and have a panic attack of epic proportions when they come at me with those needles. Hopefully I won’t vomit again. Stupid phobias.

Decidedly not a strip- teaser
So here’s a little tease-I’ve been informed that one of our Heavy Baggage Guest Bloggers is starting her own blog about her weight loss journey and road to a better self. I won’t say much more because I don’t want to put TOO much pressure on her before she gets it up. But she said I could guest blog over there on those days I’m actually feeling like I have credibility to blog on a weight loss blog. Stay Tuned for more details!

The upcoming weekend
I’ve talked a little about our run around this weekend. I’m now trying to coordinate a birthday bbq on Sunday for Pam, since I’m not sure we will get back at a good time to properly celebrate it, I’m trying to put together something nice for her. Since I love her and all and she’s a really great friend. Other than that we are going to Syracuse on Saturday so Seth can have a golf lesson with my grandpa and then to Lincoln to pick up my Father in Law’s Father’s Day gift and then to Columbus to give it to him and have dinner. We are trying to do a tour of Eastern Nebraska, apparently.

Adieu
Alright all! That’s all the time I have today! I hope you all have a great day and welcome again to everyone who may have clicked over from Joshilyn’s blog! Thanks for stopping by-come back again soon!

Love (the excitement of winning and things to come),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Carrie that's exciting! Contests are a lot of fun, I remember when I was little I won a contest to meet Jonathan Brandis.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.