Monday, June 29, 2009

Good taste is the worst vice ever invented.

It's a four day work week this week everyone! Hang in there, Monday's are rough. I'm here for you though.

Weekend Recap
Friday Seth didn't get home until about 8:30, basically we ate some dinner and watched some TV and went to bed. We finally finished our Lord of the Rings Extended Edition DVD watching though. (Seriously, if you didn't know that I married and nerd and love him for it then you haven't read the archives)
Saturday we woke up early and started cleaning the kitchen (who knows why) my cousin showed up for his yard work detail around 11 and then around 12 my brother called and was lonely and offered to bring me lunch. Then he and I basically sat and jerked around while Seth and Dalton worked. We ate, played N64, played with the cats, watched TV and were generally not helpful. Dalton did a great job though and got done super fast. We sent him and Jesse over to my Mom's house to do some work there while Seth and I finished up some indoor things and then went to return his shirts to Old Navy. We decided to stop at Gordman's as well to get him some cheap cologne for work and I found THE PERFECT DRESS for Cheeto and Whitney's wedding. It is a jewel toned pink and a great length and the right kind of straps. Best of all it was only 16 bucks!! I heart it so hard. There was this long yellow dress I loved too I'm secretly thinking of going back and getting…shh don't tell Seth. After that we went to Mom and Dad's for dinner and Dad made MEXICAN and it was FANTASTIC. I wish I could go back and eat it again. I forgot to take some home and now I miss it. My dad makes the best Mexican food, I'm not sure why. It could be because if I was on a desert island forever and could only eat one kind of food it would be Mexican.
Sunday we woke up early (for us) and went to see Transformers 2! It was really a good movie. I don't know what the critics were talking about, no plot, there was almost too much plot. I have noticed though that older people I talk to don't like it. So take from that what you will. After the movie (in which we had to stay to the end because Lockheed Martin was personally thanked in the credits so Seth had to have that moment where he felt that Transformers was made especially for him) we went to Cheesecake Factory. I always get overwhelmed by their menu. I want to be risky because all the food looks good, but then I get afraid and stick with the grilled cheese (which is phenomenal) this time though I asked for it on brown bread. Our waitress was a little less than stellar (when you start off forgetting them lemon in my water and I can clearly see someone at another one of your tables drinking a water with lemon) and I got the normal egg bread on my grilled cheese. I was about starved so I just mauled into it. She came over and freaked out because it was wrong. I was like whatever, its fine. About halfway thru the sandwich the manger came over and asked me if I wanted them to make a new one. I was like, I already ate more than half of this one, I'm fine. Give me some dessert. Then as I'm finishing up he brings me a whole new one, stating the chef demanded to make it because his "honor was at stake". *eye roll* Then I told him he would have to box it up because there was no way I could eat it. So I got a free grilled cheese for dinner tonite. You know this wouldn’t be a problem if the waiters actually brought your food to the table. I hate when they have other people bring your food because then you have to do that awkward who ordered what thing with the pointing and the hand raising, and you don't know if you can ask those people for extra dressing or for more water. Some restaurants they won't, they just dump your food and run. And now, as evident by my story, in cases like this where the order isn't right and then there is this big bro-haha that could have been avoided if the waitress just SAW my food before they brought it. And do you tip those people who bring the food?
Anyway after all that Seth was feeling EXTRA happy and claimed we needed to go to Maggie Moo's for ice cream. It was hot and I was uber full but he really wanted it so I conceded. I got the udderly cream and better batter chocolate with cookie dough and almonds. I still have half of it left but it was mind blowing good. Then we came home around 4 and took a nap. I had such a food coma going on. I woke up at 5:30 and watched House and waited for Seth to get up. He had to do homework. Around 7 I got a wild hair while I was making lunches and decided to attempt the Gordon Ramsey Italian Meatballs. It was entirely too late to start a cooking project, but like I said, I had an itch. I pretty much stuck to his recipe (which I have now lovingly renamed Gordon's Balls) but I added red peppers to the sauce because I had one and put the sweated shallots into the meatballs and kept the garlic for the sauce. I will tell you the guinea pig's review today, he's having them for lunch, since I didn't get them done until 10, but they smelled good and I had some of the pasta and sauce and it was EXCELLENT. If I didn't have a metric ton of grilled cheese at home, I'd eat it tonite again for dinner.

July 4th party
I'm wrestling with cancelling our July 4th party. I didn't account for the fact that most people do family things on that day so only two couples can really come. And I have a lot of food for just two people. Plus Seth's family has begged us more than once to cancel it so that we can spend the day with them and Seth can enjoy the present he gave his Dad (the hunting bow) and see all the upgrades. But I feel bad telling the two couples that I'm cancelling…I'll let you know how it goes.

Succubus Garden Watch
The succubus garden has recently become home to a baby bunny. I haven't told Seth's he's there. His name is Scoot. Scoot the Succubus Garden bunny. Mostly because when I was in there weeding yesterday I had to say "Scoot bunny!" and he ran away scared. I'm sure he's eating my cabbage, but if you read Peter Rabbit, you'd be okay with it, he'll learn his lesson eventually when he has a tummy ache.
The garden is producing a little more, the tomatoes are big and green and hopefully going to turn red soon, I have grand sauces in their future! I really want to harvest a bunch, make ricotta and then make some BANGING lasagna. The white pumpkin plants are spreading out and I'm really excited to have some white pumpkins for table decorations this fall. I can't tell if the peas are just working on it or what, but they seem small and shrivel-ly. I made Seth water them (and Scoot!) last night.

TV
I forgot to tell you all to watch Hung on HBO last night! I'm sure it's repeating, I have it DVR'd so I will let you know what I think tomorrow. I have a lot of DVR watching to do tonite while Seth is at class. Hung, 2 Law and Order: CI's, Kendra, Tru Blood, and one other I can't remember right now. I watched House all weekend so my DVR is about three seconds from a coup.


So long! Farewell!
See ya friends! I hope you have-as my boss says "A bright, smiling, productive, sunshine-y day." See you tomorrow!

Love (weekends),
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to make a SYTYCD comment, since I'm a bit behind... Man, did they talk alot!! I hope they all dance two dances this week, otherwise there is going to be WAY too much talking. I also didn't care so much for Toni Basil. She was much too serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow most of the chorographer's Twitters and apparently they are trying really hard to do a Micheal Jackson tribute and trying to get everyone to clear the songs the choreographers want to use, they didn't get it done in time to do it this week, so next week maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE a Michael Jackson show!! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI: Rob Thomas along with ONE REPUBLIC and Carolina Liar to the Stir Concert Cove on Friday, October 9th. Tickets go on sale July 11th at 10am but keep it tuned to Q98-Five to win your way into the show…more details coming soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.