Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

Hey there Tuesday and people who enjoy reading the musings of a crazy woman trying to make her workday pass faster!

Garden of the Goddess
Or not. I spent a good 45 minutes weeding the Succubus Garden last night. Hopefully I either killed everything so I can turn it into a horseshoe pit before the Fourth of July or I am causing things to THRIVE. So far all we have gotten is a salad out of the dang thing. Patience is one of the virtues that got left out in this body. I’m pretty sure it will lead to the destruction of my garden. I do have some tiny little green tomatoes though! Our tomato plants are out of control. It’s going to be an all hands on deck for the canning when the fall comes.
I also traipsed across this on my internet musings:
Isn’t it the coolest? It’s from petsugar.com I was reading their bit on cat nip for the furbabies. If the Succubus Garden manages to do anything worthwhile this year, I might try it next year.

Welcome weight loss readers-or Caroline’s Friends
Heavy Baggage Blogger Carrie (or Caroline who some people call her-because they’ve never heard of the awesomeness that is Carrie2) linked me on her blog for my broccoli cauliflower mash recipe. So if you linked over here from there-Welcome! Hope your weight loss journey is treating you well. Mine typically doesn’t. In fact I routinely give up until I see a picture of Megan Fox or something and then I begrudgingly go weed my garden or run with Seth. It’s been so friggin hot these days that I just can’t get up the gumption to do better by myself. I need a treadmill in front of my tv. I would be SO healthy then. In theory.
But hello there all! Leave a comment-or not, whatever you want to do, but make sure you come back! Even though I wouldn’t know if you did or not, since google gadgets looks at me like I just took off my pants in church when I ask it for a visitor counter. So until taking off your pants in church becomes acceptable, we are on the honor system on website visiting here on Carrie-on Baggage.

Television-one of my favorite things, next to burritos.
So last night I watched two Law and Order: CI’s, The Closer, Big Bang Theory, and Intervention. I haven’t gotten to Obsessed yet, but trust it’s going to be good because the guy is a HOARDER!! I can’t wait. There is something about hoarders that I’ve always wanted to know. I’m also secretly scared that my grandma and I are well on our way to become some. And I’m just sure if Seth leaves me I’ll be one of those hoarder cat ladies who come out in a nightgown and scream MY BABIES! And yell crazy things at the TV cameras when the Humane Society comes to get my animals. So I’m excited to watch that when I get home. Also I’ve been watching Kendra-don’t judge me, you would watch it too if you knew what time it was on-and I think I love her fiancĂ©e. He’s pretty awesome. Although every time I watch it Seth tells me that he doesn’t think he plays for the Eagles anymore. Whatevs-more time for mindless TV!! Also I’m going to watch the season premiere of Tru Blood, not that I’ve actually watched the show, I’ve tried, I’m hoping season 2 will enlighten me.

540 words huh?
Well what else can I talk to you about? Well in about 2 hours and 30 minutes I get to go back to the doctor to learn about my blood work and WORLDS MOST HORRIBLE PROCEDURE results. So that should be exciting. I’m going to take the rest of the afternoon to clear some things off the DVR. Seth will probably go hit some golf balls and do constructive things.

Oh a question!
Do any of you use Google Reader? I’ve been using it for awhile now to read the entries of certain websites that my work blocks. Like PerezHilton.com or other celebrity news stuff. If you do, am I missing something cool it’s supposed to be doing or do you have any suggestions for my list? A lot of things won’t show up like http://www.mediatakeout.com/ but I think I’m not using it right. However it is super handy for catching up on Perez or gawker or defamer. Anywhoo, if you use it and abuse it, clue me in on what I can do better with it.

The utility player fields another ball
So I’ve taken on another “responsibility” at work. I’ve decided to stop calling them “jobs” because it’s not like I get paid more, or get more time or overtime to do them, I just get to squeeze them into my already jam packed day. This new one is basically a policemen or teacher like roll where I tell a bunch of guys who get paid more than me that they are doing something wrong or that they can’t do something with regards to our procedures that run our plant. They are currently updating some of them and I consistently find myself saying or writing “We have to be consistent here, you can’t just break our guidelines because they don’t fit for you or because you are too lazy to read them.” Next I’m going to get out a ruler and start hitting them when they don’t listen to me.

Additions
I added two new boxes on the right hand side. Go me. One of these days this blog will be AWESOME, well as awesome as a crazy girls rambling can be.

Ciao!
Alright kiddos-have a great rest of your day! Fingers crossed I don’t have eboli or my uterus isn’t secretly a penis that my parents had stuffed back in when I was born!

Love (getting out of work early),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I also watch Kendra and I can't help it. They're just too funny! It makes me laugh out loud! And dangit I forgot about Obsessed--not to self to set DVR to find and record it!

    Oh and I use Google reader, too. I'm not exactly sure what you're wanting it to do, though...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.