Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The world is governed more by appearances than realities, so that it is fully as necessary to seem to know something as to know it.

It is one of those days where I perpetually assume its Wednesday and then am almost wrought with despair when I find out its Tuesday. I even titled all my daily emails subject as “Wednesday” (Yes I do every day of the week, mostly for Kathy since sometimes its days before she checks email. And plus it helps me keep things straight when I’m reading old emails I’ve written since I have a tendency to repeat myself, a lot.)

Goal Setting:
I’m going to try to do some goal setting for the week. I want to work out every week day this week. Last night I ran and probably will again tonite, and the days Seth has class I will do my yoga ball with Denise Austin (who I’ve discovered I love more than any of my other workout DVD’s because she reminds me of Mrs. Wooten, my home ec/drama teacher/jazzercise teacher in Augsburg. I miss that crazy old lady.) And Friday I would normally walk with Seth at golf league, but since he won’t be here maybe I will do the video again.

Gettin’ my hare did
So I’m doing my six month color upgrade and style upgrade. Yes I said six months, I seriously only do it every six months. When you have long hair, it doesn’t grow much and I HATE getting my hair cut, I have an irrational fear of it. All that aside, I’m looking to do a new shade of blond. I need something that goes well with my skin tone. Any suggestions? So I’m going Saturday and then I’m going to try and sucker Pam into coming over and painting Seth’s bathroom with me and bring Zio’s pizza with her, I plan to woo her with the promise of my multiple “House” episodes on my DVR.

Intervention and Obsessed
Is anyone watching these? I’ve been a long time fan of Intervention, but I find myself loving the Obsessed series a little more. Last week there was this woman whose Dad died in a horrific car accident and she couldn’t stop putting on his bloody tore up clothes from the accident and looking at herself in the mirror for hours. Like shoes and underpants and everything. It was BIZARRE. But so something that I would end up doing if I lost my dad in an accident. I haven’t watched this weeks, but I watched Intervention (I fast forward thru most of it, usually the intervention part and then I see how they ended up at the end.) and the firefighter guy made me sad for fire fighters. I would also like to know how Canada has a beer delivery service and we don’t.

In my head, this was a much better blog post
Sorry ya’ll we are swamped today at work and every time I sit down to bang out a random thought, I get called away. Maybe I’ll be better tomorrow, when it is actually WEDNESDAY and not fake Wednesday as my head seems to think it is.

Love (to be able to eat at a Mexican restaurant once a week),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Out of everything in your blog post, the words that popped out to me were "Canada beer delivery." Our favorite beer comes from a brewery in Idaho Springs, CO & we have no way of getting it shipped or delivered here - ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.