Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety.

HOLY MACARONI AND CHEESE it's disgusting out. It's hot and muggy and already about 85 degrees. Is summer over yet? Because I don't think I can take much more of this…

Welcome to my 151st post! Not that it's monumental or anything, I just noticed it's 151. Let's start off by recapping what I watched on TV last night.

Kendra
Kendra and her fiancée Hank Bassett are really starting to grow on me. I kind of love them a lot. But can we not show anymore of her two stupid roommates/friends putzing around? Also, how do I get an assistant to organize my house and clean it? I'll pay you in hugs and high fives and snacks.

Law and Order:CI
Goren got a haircut! And next week we get TWO episodes!! With both detectives! But not together because it's not like they work in the same department or anything. It's not like they have the same boss who advises them on cases. Chances are they probably don't run into each other at the water cooler or the bathroom. So there's no reason why they should share an episode right? Am I the only one who thinks this is weird? Also this week's episode, we've done this before right? Except the crazy guy who thought God was talking to him had the syph and he was killing hookers. I'm just saying. Crazy Jesus Family Annihilators…done it. Maybe if you had consulted with your other co-workers they could have helped out and told you it was this guy. Also I don't like knowing who the killer is before the cops do, like that is the fun in Law and Order is the "who done it". Otherwise if you show me the guy in the first act killing people, I spend the rest of the episode thinking that the detectives can't really be THAT dumb can they?

The Closer
Well this episode was better than most, but didn't come at a good time since she had to put her cat down in the end and my family recently just put a cat down, so I was bawling like a baby. I loved Mary McDonnell in this episode though, as the captain. Much better than whatever that weirdness was that she was playing on Grey's Anatomy. I often wonder if the actors themselves think those things in their head. PS I love Brenda's pink trench coat. I want one.

Jon and Kate plus 8
I'm so ashamed I watched this, I feel like I'm feeding the machine. I'm an enabler, I'm part of the problem. But I was genuinely sad for them. Especially that part at the end where they attempt to do a family dinner and Kate says it was like their old fashioned team work. I know she is crazy evil and all, but he let her get that way. He didn't communicate with her that he felt like she was being over the line. I'm not sure how they think that their relationship is going to grow if they can't communicate better. I also wonder, why didn't they try counseling? It just seems like they don't even talk. I'm sad for those kids, you can already see them mimicking their parents relationships in their interactions with one another. Okay I swear, I won't talk about it again-I seriously shouldn't have even watched it!

So Peased!
The garden is growing! And guess what I saw yesterday? PEAS!! I have peas!! I'm so excited. It took everything in me not to pick one because they aren't very big yet, but I'm hoping this horrendous weather will help them grow quickly. Also the tomatoes are going CRAZY. Next year I think I'm going to do those hanging bags of tomatoes because I can't see anything that's going on in the thicket of tomatoes I have and that always leads to rotten tomatoes and bugs. And I have a very tiny head of cauliflower!! The succubus garden is not on my nerves this week, but I haven't had to weed it or anything yet in this heat.

Title Quote
Today's title quote is by one of my husband's favorite authors, Isaac Asimov. I think it's quite clever. If you all ever want to know the identity of the quote in the blog post title, just shoot me a line.

New songs
Last night I downloaded "Knock You Down" by Keri Hilson featuring Kanye West and Neyo. I also downloaded "Rockin' that thang" by The Dream. I just thought you should know, I'm pretty excited about it. Don't tell my husband. I don’t think 99 cent songs from Amazon were in this week's budget.

Tonite's TV
Tonite I will sure watch Intervention and Obessesed-be prepared to discuss tomorrow!

Goodbye my Pretties!
Alright people of the blog! I'm headed out to actually work today. It feels like it is going to be a very long day, and to make matters worse, I have to go to the training building today and experience Mother Nature's hot sweaty armpit. Lovely.
Have a great day!

Love (to be living in Alaska right now-did you know they get PAID to live there?),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.