Monday, June 22, 2009

I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am.

The only reason I showed up for work today is because it's supposed to be a heat index of 105 and the air conditioning is free here. Blah summer. I hate summer. I really need to look into finding somewhere that doesn't get about 70 ever.

Weekend recap
MAN did we have a lazy weekend, and it was DIVINE. We pretty much laid around the house (upstairs!) and watched the "House" season 1 that Pam lent us. We only left the house on two occasions, once to buy the tile from Menards for our front entry way, and once to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad. It was great and he LOVED the golf GPS we got him!! He was actually surpised!!! We ate at the Millard Roadhouse, which I always enjoy because they have good French fries.

Here is a list of other stuff we watched this weekend:
3:10 to Yuma (good)
Taken (Liam Nissan was NOT the actor for that part, but still good)
Hitman (also good, I couldn't believe the guy from Deadwood was the same guy!)
Numb3ers (finally a good episode! That only took all season)
Kings (yeah…I just figured out why this show got cancelled)
Pushing Daises (INJUSTICE!! Tears.)

More than meets the eye
Yeah, it's THAT weekend. Transformer's weekend. Seth is pretty excited, and I'm not going to lie, I am a little too. We've been watching lots of clips from Europe (it was released there first) and it looks really well done!

July 4th
So we are trying to repeat out great July 4th party from last year. I invited more people, and we have a theme. But the date snuck up on me-I have no idea what to make!! I'll keep you posted on my meltdown.

1st year!
Today is the first year anniversary for us being in our house! How exciting is that? We've made a lot of improvements, but it's getting harder to leave the darn thing! We know we will have to once we have more than one kid, so I'm enjoying the home we have created now!

Garden update!
I have a head of cauliflower! How exciting is that!?!? Other than that, not much is going on, the tomatoes are starting to get green balls on them and the peas are growing at a rapid rate-I'm sure with the heat today there will be LOTS of fun changes to the garden.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho!
To work I go. Stay cool today everyone!

Love ( to be an Ice Road Trucker right now),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Are you going to tile yourself? We were talking about that for a minute yesterday and I thought, is this something I want to do myself?! Also, did you get the car email I sent you? Sometimes, when I get bored at work, I look stuff up for other people. I know, crazy. I like to look for houses especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did thanks! That's a little more than we want to pay though, and since CarMax has a no haggle policy...I don't think we are going to get 12 grand for my VUE, not in a hot minute!

    Well my dad is going to come over and teach Seth how to tile...luckily for us, we have my Dad who knows how to do all that stuff and will come over and help us out! Except painting, I don't think he will ever paint again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just picturing you as an ice road trucker made me laugh - thank you! : )
    ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.