Monday, June 8, 2009

The future will be better tomorrow.

Welcome to Monday everyone. I’m sure your Monday didn’t start out nearly as badly as mine did what with the needles and the poking and the blood and the vomiting.
I had to have blood work done, needles make me vomit, my nurse was not appreciative. At all. But my husband was super nice, and held my hand and told me jokes. So he is a good husband.

Author love!
So first and foremost! The most important thing ever-Joshilyn Jackson’s book “The Girl Who Stopped Swimming” is out on paperback-and you should go buy it one because I told you to and two because if you are awesome at life, you own this book and THREE because she told you too. Here I will make it easy for you-GO HERE, that is a link to her website. She has every which way you can think of to get the book on there from Amazon to local book sellers. She even has a book store that she signs copies for! So show a good author some love and while you are there read her blog and laugh and laugh. If not for me, for her sweet children who need to eat and have a roof over their heads, and if you hate kids, then for her adorable dog and cats. You won’t regret it! Promise!

Snooze
So I had such a boring mundane weekend that its not even worth re-capping for you all. Basically I ate, slept, watched a lot of house and read my books. Seth caught some fish and came back to a clean house. The end. Pam got sick so we didn’t get the bathroom painted, but that wasn’t her fault because I crapped out on it too. (heh.)

Love my hair school
My hair appointment went great-for those of you in the Omaha area looking to save some dough and get a great job done, I recommend whole heartedly “Capitol Hair School” I’ve been going since 2005 and I have never had anyone bad enough that the instructors had to fix or reimburse me. They constantly check the students work and you get quality hair color. I paid 55 bucks for mine and it was really great. If you go I recommend Daisy B, she was really fast and let me read my book but talked to me when I wanted to talk. And soon I will post a picture of my new look for you and you will go “Oo good job Daisy B” and rush to make your appointment.

These sheets are the SHEET!
I got new sheets this week in a pre-needle panic attack and they are from Walmart ( I know-SHAME) but they are organic cotton and OHMYGOD they are divine. I’ll let you know how they fair a week of Seth’s ashy scratchy heels and the second round of washing, but so far, they are the softest and coolest sheets I have slept on since my Tommy Hilfiger ones. And I only paid 32 bucks for queen size.

Okay everyone, I should actually work since I got in late!

Love (to not start the day off with a blood evacuation),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I totally share your fear of needles, although I tend to hyperventilate before the vomiting occurs:( My hubby is also super sweet & once talked to me w/ a fake skeleton that was in the drs. office when I had to have blood taken in order to get married (stupid OK laws!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.