Friday, June 19, 2009

Things could always be worse; for instance, you could be ugly and work in the Post Office.

FRIIIIIDDDAAAAYYYY! Huah! FRIIIIDDAAYY! Talkin’ ‘bout a FRIDAY!

Yeah I’m a dork.

C-R-V ya later douche
So I’m sad to report that we got shady salesmen syndrome last night at the car dealer. So I have no CRV, but I have a new appreciation for Sucky, that’s for sure. The salesman was HORRIBLE. He only wanted to give me 7,000 for Sucky because “there is a question about if the brand is going to last and no one is buying them” then I called bs on him for that since it just got bought by that race car company and so then he said my 3 spots (literally 3 dinks) of hail damage really brought down the price. REALLY? Ass. Then he wouldn’t come down on the price of the car even though it looked like it had been driven through a gravel yard, behind a gravel truck, in a sandstorm. Or that Cruella DeVille and Wolverine owned the car and had a hard time opening the doors with their nails and claws being so long.
That being said-I LOVE the CRV. We should have walked away right when we saw the pits on the car but I need to know that I would like driving one. And I did. There are so many handy compartments and so much SPACE. It was super nice. So here’s hoping we find another one not being given delusions of grandeur by a shady salesmen. I hate that, I used to work at two car dealerships, so I know ever stupid trick in the book-and I make that clear before we sit down. And this dude still tries it. He tried the old “take your keys to assess your car” one. And then got all bent out of shape when I demanded my keys back. I know your tricks lamesauce. Nice try.
We ended up getting out of there after about an hour and a half of the old song and dance. Seth was really angry and bent out of shape-but I was happy that I knew I loved the CRV.

SYTYCD
YAY they kicked off Max! I was actually not surprised by the bottom three (wow BOTH Shane Sparks routines? Step it up Sparky) but am so excited to see the new couple next week! I love when they change up couples. I thought Max and Kayla were a really poor match. He looks like her creepy cousin. So he’s gone and I’m happy and WHAT THE HECK was that musical performance? Dude, next. Was she even really singing or was her talent supposed to be air humping? Let me know if you all figure it out. The Mia Michaels routine had some really awesome movements in it. Did you all enjoy it? Can’t wait for next week!

Team *insert name here*
So Seth has a golf tournament today and he formed his own team for it (I’m so proud of him!) it’s for a really good cause (The Vets) and it’s put on by Lockheed so it’s all official. His team is him, my pops, Dan, and our usher and his childhood friend Ty. I was tasked with naming their team. First I picked Putt Pirates because well it’s hilarious, but the people in charge of the tourney rejected it saying it was a “family” tourney. (Whatever DIRTIES) next I picked “Weapons of Grass Destruction” but that name was taking (Stupid development nerds) finally the let us take (which was not without its complaining about the length) was The Four Hackmen of the Apocalypse. So I made them a fun graphic and then I made them some golf polo’s and I hope they like them and don’t complain because that would make me sad and put out since the dang things ended up costing me about 60 bucks to make. (The ink went out on the printer at home, the printer at work wouldn’t work, Seth wanted a certain kind of fabric, blah blah blah)
I hope someone wins a prize and they do well!

Weekend plan
My plan this weekend is to relax! I think next weekend I feel a cooking storm coming on. It feels like a lasagna storm. I feel like making ricotta again. And maybe some ricotta gnocchi. Watching Top Chef Masters has done that to me. So this weekend I will relax and plan and spend a great Father’s Day with my Pop. We are golfing on Sunday. I’d tell you what I got him because I’m UBER excited about it. But he reads this blog everyday (awww thanks Pop!) and I’m not giving it away (even though, I’m sure I have).
I think Saturday I’m just going to enjoy with Seth and try to get some stuff organized in our house. We tried to find a letter Seth needed for his Masters class reimbursement and we tore apart the house looking for it. I’d also like to go out and try to find some tile for tile project. Then if I find some I can talk to my dad about getting it done here shortly.

Peace beeps!
Alright everyone, I want you to have a fun and SAFE weekend. Make sure you don’t forget Father’s Day. And thank you to all the Dad’s out there! Especially my Pop who I love very, very much. He is a very good Dad. And I can’t wait to see what he thinks of his present!!

Love (my dad),
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. I wasn't sad about the eliminations last night. I thought they made the right choices. Max was all ballroom and not much else. I LOVED the opening routine and HATED the musical performance. Totally fast forwarded through it after watching like 10 seconds. Was she lip synching? It really looked like it!

    Sorry to hear about the car. At least you now know for sure that's what you want.

    I would also like to share that stuff is growing in my garden, but I'm not sure what because I don't remember what I planted where...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! That is hilarious about your garden! Next year use the clothes pins! Plus it's hard because stuff spreads like a mothertrucker. The cucumbers have over ran the garlic section. I hope the garlic is still there.
    Were we sad Ashley got the boot? I hardly can remember who she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea, or I was thinking I should draw myself a map.
    Um, Ashley did the crash test dummies last week. I don't think she ever did anything really great...especially in that solo she did last night.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.