Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Afternoon ramblings...

Random thoughts for the afternoon

I need to eat lunch, but I’m nauseous and I really don’t want to barf in my work trash can. Or even dry heave at that. I don’t want to be “that girl”.
All of the sudden, for some random reason, Word 2007 has changed my standard settings for when I open a new document. It is really pissing me off. I hate Word 2007. I think I’ve officially lost a skill on my resume because of it. I used to know Word inside and outside and upside down and now I can’t even fucking find where I turn off the spaces between lines. And what happened to the drop down menus? Were they so bad? No, they weren’t. What’s bad are these new tool bar buttons. Do you know it took me 45 minutes to create a Table of Contents the other day? It used to take me two minutes. I spent 35 of those minutes hunting for the button to even create a TOC.
I miss my Mom and Dad. I know they aren’t that far away, but the fact that they aren’t in their house and aren’t there if I want to drop in or if I have an emergency really freaks me out. Like when I was sick I was secretly willing someone to bring me soup and I would have called my Mom and dropped a hint but she is in Syracuse.
I was all excited because I will miss a boring all department meeting on Friday for my PT appointment but they moved the meeting to Thursday to accommodate someone’s retirement party, which was scheduled for Friday. So now instead of missing two hours of boring stuff, half which I don’t understand and trying to decide when the best time to take a bathroom break is, I will miss cake and ice cream. Damn.
My boobs are seriously bothering me. The nipples are uber sensitive and it is making me sick to my stomach every time I move and they rub on my bra. I just want to walk around with my hands over top my boobs to stop them from moving. Also there was a point when I thought they were super awesome because they were huge but now my belly sticks out farther than my boobs and wins the “huge” category of things on my body, and they just look small again. And they leak strange stuff that crusty’s on my bra’s and freaks me out. And my nipples are huge. I know this is way too much TMI for you, but seriously, all my ladies out there getting ready to make babies. You should know what you are getting into. Giant boobs that hurt your back and leak stuff and nipples that turn dark colors and imitate pepperoni. True story.
I am so mad at Target. I just realized over half the stuff on my registry is online only. No one wants to buy you presents from your registry online. They want to go the day before or the day of the shower, pick the stuff up and be done with it. They don’t want to pay extra for shipping and have to plan in advance to get you something. Trust I know, I’ve shopped off of many registries. And unless the party is in another state, I’m going to the store. Target tricked me. It gave me all these super cool options online and me, thinking they would be in the store too got it all, and now my registry is a mess and I’m either going to end up with weird gifts I can’t take back or a boatload of gift cards, which is totally okay, I’m grateful for any gift I get, but I’m really mad at Target for making me seem difficult to people.
Speaking of gift cards, Seth and I have over 175 dollars to Best Buy still. We never buy anything at Best Buy (so overpriced) and we don’t know what to do with them. I wish they would just let us sell them back to Best Buy.
I gave up on Human Target. I just couldn’t do it. It was too much bang boom and not enough listen to the really hot guy say interesting stuff, or listen to Chi McBride make great jokes. I am however totally into Life Unexpected even though they cut Kate’s hair from the pilot which I HATE and it runs into my Heroes/Big Bang Theory taping so I have to tape it on Wednesday nights when it repeats.
I’m about to give up on Heroes. Lord what is going on. I don’t even want to watch anymore. And Num3rs too. I asked Seth twice this weekend if we could just delete the three hours’ worth of Numb3rs we have on the DVR because I didn’t want to watch them.
In greater TV news-HOW ABOUT CASTLE? What a great show, if you aren’t watching it, get to it, because you are missing one of the better written shows out there and the acting is phenomenal.
Why do all the little girl bibs have at least one bib in the set that says “I love my Mommy” why aren’t there any that say “I love my Daddy” in the set? It seems wrong.
I tried to eat lunch and I feel like vomiting.
My facebook status currently reads “that new Black Eyed Peas song ‘Imma be’ confuses me because I think they are saying ‘Applebees’”
I hate all facebook apps, games, and anything that requires me reading the same crap about how you saved a fish or what social interview question you answered. Unless the question is about me, then I’ll read it.
My husband has not made it to work this week until around 9am. I envy him. If I could I would do that every day. I totally want to give him hell about it, but then I remember in 45 days neither of us will be sleeping much or making it anywhere on time.
My mom called me a couple days ago and said “after Evelynn’s born I want to have a Sip and See” except she said it really fast and I thought she was telling me she was having more surgery. I was like “What part of your body do you get a sipnsee on?” I was watching Grey’s at the time, in my defense. And they say weird things like that all the time, like whipple and humptyback and stuff like that.
For those of you wondering, a “Sip and See” is where you invite your friends over to see the baby and sip tea (or beer and wine in my family’s case). It’s a southern thing, my Mom’s friend Pam, who is the most awesome Southern Lady I know gave her the idea.
Of course she wanted to have it in April, but we are so jam packed in April its unreal. We have two weddings (Holly and Ty’s and darling jenifriend and Jeremy’s), we would like to do the baptism in April since my husband is channeling his father and thinks the baby will spontaneously combust if we don’t baptize her three seconds after she is born, and I think Easter is in April this year.
And the month of May my mom will be off traveling Europe with my Aunt and Grandma (SO JEALOUS) so May is out.
The summer will fly by, I’m sure of it.
I don’t know how to feel about maternity pants. I keep going into the bathroom and trying to unbutton my pants and then flipping out because I think I’m trapped in my pants. Then I have to pull them down like sweatpants and I feel like an old lady.
I almost bought old lady jeans the other day because they had an elastic band and it seemed like a great idea, but they only came in stonewash and true blue jean so I didn’t get them. I don’t think anyone would have let me live it down if I bought jeans with an elastic waist.
You know I was one of those girls, who always liked being put together. I liked being overdressed for things and wearing too much make up. (I never had the ability to overdo my hair) I always told myself growing up that I was never going to be one of those wives or mom’s who let themselves go. My mom surely didn’t. Then I got pregnant. Now my husband is lucky if he doesn’t see me in sweatpants and an oversized tee shirt. I quit wearing makeup 7 months ago. I pull my hair into a ponytail most of the time. I do get dressed for work in the morning, but would totally wear sweatpants if they let me. I even quit wearing anything but tennis shoes. Dude I used to blow people away with my shoes. I looked at them longingly them other day. Bright red open toed pumps, banana yellow pumps, PURPLE POINTED PUMPS. I miss them.
Speaking of feet, last night, for the first time ever, my husband complied with my request to rub lotion on my feet. My husband hates feet. But after seeing some guy do it on Baby Story for his wife it looked so good. And I have a hard time reaching my feet these days. So I asked, meekly and without demand while he was doing his homework, if he had a second , could he please come help me rub lotion on my feet, when he had a second of course. Then I went back to the bedroom and waited. He trudged in and asked me which lotion and rubbed it on there and went back to homework. I almost died of shock. Granted I was looking for more of a foot rub and he was just getting my lotion on there, but the minute it took him to do it I was in HEAVEN.
Yesterday, to celebrate the fact that I had NOT spent the day on the bathroom floor, I made Seth a lovely steak with mushrooms cooked in white wine garlic reduction. Then once the mushrooms were cooked I added “cream” (okay sour cream because I was out of cream but it’s the same damn thing). I was so proud of me. Seth walked into the house and goes “WHAT STINKS IN HERE?” Then I was instantly mad at him for the next hour. Even when he made me a grilled cheese.
I miss Conan.
When I watch Evelynn move around in my stomach it is so cool, but it also freaks me out at the same time. Sometimes she does this thing where it feels like she is having a seizure in there and then I freak out and panic for the next 90 minutes until she starts moving normally. I also will wait for her to move around and get comfy after I get up and pee one of 20 times in the middle of the night. If she doesn’t do it immediately I sit there and panic. I may never sleep again once she is born. I’m already trying to find out if it’s legal for Seth to implant a GPS chip in her.
Dude, is it time to go home yet? The first day back after more than 2 days off are the hardest.
Do you ever think back to people in your life from ages ago and wonder what they are doing? I used to work at a high end Disney store at the mall (that is now an Abercrombie and Fitch) and the owner was bat shit crazy. To this day I wonder if she finally snapped or if she is still hocking Disney statues for 400 bucks a pop.
I still love Disney Movies though, I collect them on DVD for Evie. She is going to LOVE Sword in the Stone like me, I know it. Who am I kidding, she is going to love Sleeping Beauty and all the Princesses.
One Disney movie I abhor is Lilo and Stich, I will never show that to my daughter, unless I want to show her how to be a horrible insufferable brat.
I hate when my husband asks me if he can call me back, when I call him at work. I want to be like, no you can’t. Mostly because I know he will forget and I will call him back an hour later and he will be like, oh yeah and by then I will have forgotten what I called him for.
Rubbing my pregnant belly feels really good, unless I hit my belly button, then I feel sick.
Okay I’ve killed enough time, off to internet stalk random things.
Love (that you all are here to listen to the crazy lady),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I've given up on Heroes, officially. I missed one episode and then got really behind, I lost interest in catching up. I'm really disappointed, because we were sooo into it the 1st season. Oh well... less to watch means more time to read and expand my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.