Friday, January 22, 2010

Reality continues to ruin my life.

Yay Friday! Hooray!

Am I the only one?
Am I the only person who, when stuck behind a garbage truck in my neighborhood looks in the truck to see what my neighbors are throwing away? The problem with my neighborhood is that while we are technically an Omaha address, we are actually in Sarpy County, we are what’s called a SID (I have no idea what that means). Anyway that means we are not covered by Omaha city services like snowplowing (thank God) and trash pickup (which these days, thank God too.) But that also means we have to pay for our trash service, and there are like six you can pick from in the Omaha area. So on various days of the week, there will be trash pick up, usually every day but Sunday and Saturday. So I see the back end of a lot of garbage trucks.
This morning someone threw away a bunch of Walmart brand popsicles. Also what looked to be some kind of plastic thing, and canned air. I like to imagine what kind of lives these people lead. Do they huff the canned air, eat a bunch of Walmart popsicles and break all the plastic tray’s in their house? It’s a fun game for the morning drive. Don’t judge me.

Last night’s TV
Last night I watched Ugly Betty, which was really sad because once again, TV is out to get me and Hilda’s baby doesn’t have a heartbeat. I totally remember that moment. I cried like it was yesterday for me.
Then I watched Human Target, I think that show has one more strike and then it’s out. Even though I just figured out the guy who plays the weird tekkie connections guy is the same guy from Watchmen, Rorschach. The cast is good, the writing is just terrible. And I’m one of those people who if I’m watching some kind of “action” by myself, I fast forward thru the karate chopping and the punching to get to the end faster.
After that I watched Bones which was actually a really good episode. Felt like the old Bones from Season 2 or 3, before things started to get all weird. I liked what Hodgins said to Angela, and I liked that they were working on JFK.
I didn’t watch Grey’s because my husband has class Thursday nights, and even though he proclaims to hate most things about Grey’s (Meredith for one), he still gets bent out of shape if I watch it without him. So I don’t. At least I try not to. It’s not my fault if that is what the channel is on and I watch until the commercial break.

This weekend
Man our weekend is busy, but hopefully it will be relaxing as well. Tonite we need to swing by Walmart and get a couple things. Then we need to go to Dollar General to get my Grandpa some sweatpants for his birthday (I have NO idea why they have to be Dollar General sweatpants, but he’s lived a long life and if that is what he wants, then I’ll get it). I have to make Summer Pasta Salad for his birthday party on Saturday. We also have to watch Grey’s and eat dinner somewhere in there.
Saturday we have my Grandpa’s 82nd birthday party in Syracuse. Kathy and Jesse are riding with us. Then we are coming back home.
Sunday my Mom will be back in town so we are going to do lunch over there and drop off the snowblower and Evie’s armoire. At some point we need to go to Target and get the refill on my test strips.

Next weekend
I am so excited for next weekend I can’t even tell you. Darling Friend jenifriend is coming to take my maternity pictures and family pictures. I haven’t seen her in like 12 years! Since we were in 10th grade! Kathy’s shower is on Saturday and I’m super jazzed for that. She has been working really hard on it and I know it’s going to be a great time.

Alright friends!
I’d better get to work, I have a PT appointment today at 2, so I’d better get some stuff done!
Hope you all have an amazing love filled weekend!

Love (randomly checking my registry now that invites are out),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.