Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I am a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.

Hi blog world!
I made it off my bathroom floor. Did you miss me? The whiny pregnant lady? Well I missed you. I thought of all sorts of things to tell you, but unfortunately, Bagheera, my nursemaid, just stared at me blankly when I asked him to get me the laptop so I could write you. He’s such a hard ass nurse.

The past weekend
We had such a busy weekend, I think that was half the reason I was so rundown. Friday I had my physical therapy appointment which was HEAVEN. Ladies, if you are pregnant and your back is killing you, I highly recommend asking your doctor about seeing a Physical Therapist. I only wish I had started seeing her sooner and not been in misery so long. Pregnancy really changes your spine, you have no idea, plus it releases this hormone that makes things all loosey goosey (so your pelvic muscles part like the red sea) and things get so out of whack. Most insurance will cover these visits since it will help prevent you from having back problems later in life and help with an easier delivery. Also someone will massage you for at least thirty minutes and you don’t have to pay them 65 bucks. Anyway, Seth got home super late and I cleaned the heck out of the house. Then we had to go to Walmart where we spent an hour trying to decide if we wanted curtains or not, we decided to hold out for Target (only later to discover the ones we bought don’t fit lengthwise) and then we ate Pepperjax and went to bed.
Saturday was my Grandpa’s 82nd birthday party. I was starting to feel nauseous a lot and tired. We rode to the party with Jesse and Kathy which was fun. And the party itself was really nice, much to our ridicule on the way down about having a party at the Sleep Inn. It was nice to see my Dad’s side of the family who I don’t see that often. My cousin Angie has a one year old with fire red hair and I kept telling Seth that was what Evie would look like. It made me excited. Angie’s little girl was so cute and was wearing the cutest little outfit.
We left the party first (of course) because I started feeling like dump. We went home and I literally took a three hour nap. I woke up just in time to pull on some pants and head over to my parents to pick up my Dad for the car show. Seth, Dad, and I went. It was a lot smaller this year, more vendors than cars it seemed like. But they had the batmobile and the bumblebee camero both which were fun to see. My dad and I have been going to the car show every year since we lived in Omaha, which I like 10 years or something. Wow. After that we grabbed dinner at China Road (which I had been craving FOREVER) and headed home. Seth and I watched a couple DVR shows and went to bed.
Sunday we woke up and headed over to my parents where I took a spa bath in my mom’s spa bathroom and Seth and my Dad worked on projects for Evie. My Dad made her these for me to paint and put above her crib:

How freaking cute are they? I cried a little when I saw them because they are so perfect and beautiful. I have them laid out on my table with the paint next to them. I am afraid I’m going to jack them up, I really have zero creativity skills. I should call my friend Jason over and have him paint them for her, since he is the only artist I really know. Seth worked on the armoire and I have my fingers crossed that he might actually get it done! He is taking Friday off to go work on it and has plans with my Dad to finish it up Sunday. If they get it done, when Seth goes to visit his parents in February he can have them put the stain on it and then it will be done!
The church brought over lunch for my mom (she is still in recovery) so we had that and I cleaned up and straightened things up for her. I know how it makes me crazy and I’m sure it makes her crazy too to have your house a mess and you can’t do a thing about it. After that Seth and I went home. I really started to feel like dump then. I ended the night on the bathroom floor vomiting. And that’s basically how I’ve been for the last two days. I came back to work because if you are gone three days, they make you bring a doctor’s note and I didn’t want to bother my doctor since all the baby books say this happens sometimes. They already think I’m crazy and a pregnant hypochondriac. I was going to call Tuesday if I still couldn’t keep anything down (like Monday) but ate some small meals and was able to keep them down pretty well. Tuesday I only vomited to make myself feel better after I ate a too heavy lunch. I’ve been trying to be really careful about not eating too much or too heavy. I’m not hungry at all, so that helps. Anyway on top of that Monday I had the worst throbbing headache. It felt like my pulse was racing and my heart was racing and my temples were going to bust out of my head. Seth thinks I was dehydrated. Then Tuesday morning I had an allergy attack and thank goodness that was the day I started keeping stuff down, because if I hadn’t been able to take my allergy meds, who knows what would have happened. So yeah, as usual, worse pregnant lady ever.

My sweet kitties
Like they always do, Bagheera and Willow took turns nursing me. Bagheera spent all day on the bathroom floor with me Monday. At one point I went downstairs to get a fresh towel and he followed me down the stairs and stood on the bottom set and screeched at me. I like to think he was saying, “LAY BACK DOWN, YOU ARE SICK!” Willow was pretty indifferent Monday, coming into the bathroom every now and then to check on Bags and me, hanging out in the bathtub and making noise. Then Tuesday when I was located more in the bed, Willow came and cuddled up with me and slept with me most of the day. So that was sweet. They really all the best Bengals ever. You should be jealous. Here are some pictures I took of them being cute Saturday night:


New clothes!
So I have the greatest parents ever, as if you didn’t know that already and weren’t uber jealous. Sunday when we went over to their house they took me into their bedroom and surprised me with three new maternity outfits. As you know I have been anti maternity wear just because it’s so freaking expensive I could hardly afford it. They bought me two outfits I would consider work outfits (black and brown corduroy pants and a red and a cream sweater) and a shower outfit (fancy grey dress pants and a cute grey and white shirt) and two maternity tanks. I was so moved and excited. I’m wearing the black pants and red sweater today! I love my parents so much. My mom even hemmed the tan pants for me because they were a little too long. They are going to make the best grandparents ever. Seriously.

This weekend
I’m sad to report that my maternity session with darling friend jenifriend got put on hold because her “day job” sent her to Dallas for two weeks. At first I was sad, but then I realized this was a huge blessing in disguise because I haven’t seen Jeni in 12 years and this weekend would have been so hectic and we wouldn’t have gotten the time together that we deserve, that our friendship deserves. We counted it a blessing from God and have decided to reschedule in February. But even if we don’t make the maternity photos happen, I am SUPER excited about newborn photos, those are the ones I want the most. And I think it’s such a blessing to have a friend who is a photographer whose style I love. I can’t wait to see her again!
I’m also VERY excited for my first baby shower on Saturday at Kathy’s (at one o’clock for the family and friends reading). She has been working super hard on the whole thing, and I am really grateful to her for that. She is going to make a wonderful Aunt and Godmother. Her life has been pretty stressful of late with work and family stuff, but she is still managing to make this shower happen and I know it will be classy and great, like everything she does. I’m also excited to see friends and family!

Baby Evelynn
Things have been going great in her world. She makes being nauseous even less fun because she kicks around and hates the squeezing when I have to heave. And she doesn’t like laying on tile floor one bit. I know I’m going to go back to the Physical Therapist and she’s going to be like, WHAT DID YOU DO?? Other than that, she has been super active. Yesterday a dead baby Grey’s Anatomy came on and I had to turn it off, but I am happy to report, that I successfully can watch Baby Story now all the way thru, even the birth part and not freak out.
Better get truckin’
Alright friends, if I think of some of the fantastic things my stomach and Baggy kept me from telling you yesterday I will write again this afternoon!
Love (to not be on the bathroom floor today),
Carrie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.