Monday, January 4, 2010

Confusion is always the most honest response.

Welcome to 2010 everyone!
I’ve officially been blogging a whole year! Wow! This is the longest journal I’ve ever kept. I’m so proud of myself!

Evelynn’s blog
Lately my back has been hurting (my upper back) so bad I can hardly stand to be sitting more than an hour or two. Mostly I just want to lay on my heating pad. In fact that is where I spent most of the holiday break. I’m going to talk to the doctor about it Wednesday in hopes that she can tell me something, at least that it is normal or something.
Friday I had to go into Babies R Us to get a gift card for a friends baby shower and I didn’t cry! However I did make a mental list of things I need to put on my registry. I can’t figure out why Target doesn’t carry the diaper genie.
My blood sugar testing has been going better. There are less tears and a little less hesitation on the poke. Seth has been super good about helping me do it and encouraging me and monitoring my food. The food part has been the hardest. Like I’m not restricted enough being a vegetarian-the sugar baby took away most of my carbs or severely limited them. I am so sick of eating salad I can’t even tell you. I tried to eat cheesy gordita crunches on New Year’s Eve and blew my last test of the day famously. So those are out. I found out I can have a small baked potato so last night I baked six of them in the toaster oven to take to lunch this week. I’ll be sick of them by Tuesday-I’m sure. I had a little meltdown last night because I was going to have to eat ANOTHER bean burrito (with a tiny amount of refried beans-so basically a quesadilla with beans) and Seth went and got Pepperjax so that made me happy even though I felt like a brat for making him go out in -10 weather to get me food. He was busy trying to finish the painting I demanded he get done. I don’t know why he hasn’t left yet.
Other than that we officially hit week 31 on Saturday. 9 weeks to go! (according to Seth, if those numbers are off, blame him) I’m running out of space in the Mom mobile. She is still sitting and kicking pretty low, but we will see when we meet with our doctor on Wednesday (by the way our REAL doctor, not the backup doctor of weirdness I’ve had the last two weeks) We also have to go back to the sugar doctor next week-boo that.
I’m super excited that my shower’s are coming up-one is Jan. 30th, that’s the one Kathy is throwing and the other is Feb. 6th which my aunt is throwing. I’m eager to have my room stop looking like a dead baby room.
This Saturday we have our Child Birthing Class at UNMC. That should be good times. But it’s an 8 hour class so that should NOT be good times.
Also darling friend jenifriend of jenifriend photography (you all know her, I talk about her all the time) is coming up the weekend of Jan. 29th-31st to take my maternity pictures! I’m so excited!!! If you guys are in the Omaha area and want to book her, head over to her website and contact her. She is taking appointments while she is up here! And I’ve already got her up here and housed her so you won’t have to pay her traveling fee!! BONUS!

New Year’s Resolution
I have none. I thought long and hard about it, and shot the evil eye at everyone’s suggestions for a resolution and I really don’t have one. I think it will be hard enough keeping my baby alive and giving birth and all of that this year without worrying about what weight I’m going to lose or how I’m going to be nicer to people. I think I’ll just focus on becoming a mom.

Sugar baby is calling!
Alright friends I have to stab myself with a needle and my finger generally hurts for an hour afterwards because I’m a big baby. Which means I’m done typing for awhile. I hope you have a great day!!

Love (that I can still eat Pepperjax),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the shout out friend! i'm posting on facebook hoping to get some additional sessions booked while i'm up there...can't WAIT to see you! it's been ELEVEN years!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.