Thursday, January 21, 2010

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.

Hi All!
So I don’t have anything uber interesting today.

Evelynn’s blog
Evelynn’s doctor’s appointment went well. When we asked the doctor what position she was in (she has been head down since week 30) and Dr. Karen started feeling around, and it was taking entirely too long and the doctor was making a strange face, so I started panicking and I asked what was going on and she said that she was having trouble telling her head from her “lumpy little butt”. So then I posted on facebook that the Dr. told us our daughter had a “lumpy little butt” and she must have gotten it from her Dad, because no one has ever described my butt as little. Ha.
A friend informed me they recalled some Graco strollers, the same brand as our travel system, but I checked and as far as I can tell, our stroller isn’t in the recall. Phew!

TV
Last night we watched Big Bang Theory, which was hilarious. The Nebraska references always crack me up. And then we watched Castle, which was GREAT, even though this episode wasn’t all jokey and was serious, they still managed to get in a few giggles and you didn’t feel guilty. Then we watched Heroes, which was meh. I kind of wish they would either kill that show or get some new writers because it’s getting old and hard to watch. Claire’s a college lesbian now? I mean come on.
Then I watched American Idol and I was so excited because Kristin Chenowith was the guest judge!! But then I was sad because they only had her for one of the two days in Orlando. They should have her always. And let her sing, a lot.

My pregnancy in review
Okay so here is a survey someone sent to me that I thought I would do for fun since I have nothing of substance for you today. I’ll answer what I can:
Your name? Carrie
Father’s name? Seth
Are you still with him? Yes, I can’t believe he stuck around thru this crazy
Were you trying to get pregnant? Yes, but we were told by modern science that it wasn’t possible without help
When are you due? March 13th, 2010
When did you find out? July 6th, 2009
Where did you find out? At home, at six in the morning before I went to work
How far along were you? About 4 weeks
What was your reaction? Shocked, speechless, Seth wouldn’t believe it until we took a blood test at our fertility clinic
Who was the first person you told? Seth, and then I called my parents
How did you tell the father? He was standing right there with me.
What was his reaction? Let’s not get too excited, let’s wait until we take a blood test at the doctor’s office
Did you have any morning sickness? Hell yeah. I threw up constantly, usually because of my favorite foods. Most of the time I just threw up to make my stomach feel better. Not because I absolutely had to.
Cravings? Not so much, they got worse as I progressed in the pregnancy, but they have seemed to multiple since most of the foods that I can’t eat (because of the diabetes) I want now more than ever.
Food Aversions? Um…in the beginning pickles made me vomit on cue.
Worst pregnancy symptoms? The heartburn, the ab separation, the back pain, leg numbness, the fatigue.
Funniest pregnancy moment? Probably just the random comments I get from people, and the inappropriate questions.
Favorite pregnancy moment? When Seth felt her move for the first time, his face was just heart melting
Worst pregnancy moment? Probably when we went in at 7 weeks to hear the heartbeat and they couldn’t find it and tried to get us to do a D&C.
Awkward stranger moment? The lady who told me she would adopt my baby and raise it in a Christian home.
How has the father been through this? Amazing, patient, caring, and super excited.
Does baby like music? She LOVES One Republic, and anything with a good beat. Like her Momma.
Stretch marks? None yet, but I’m sure they are coming, my mom had them. I’ve been buttering up my skin every second I can. Which is really awkward at work by the way.
Hardest part of pregnancy? Actually being pregnant. I thought it would be a cakewalk and it so isn’t.
What are your fears? That she’s going to come out messed up or just be someone I can’t handle or love.
What are you most happy about? A baby! And the first baby in both our families so you know she is going to be spoiled.
Did you want a boy or girl? I wanted a boy, but I’ve very much warmed to the idea of a little girl.
What did the father want boy or girl? He just wanted a healthy baby.
Do you have a name picked out? Evelynn Ann. I told Seth we need to get a boy name just in case but we can’t come to agreement at all.
How much weight have you gained? 23 pounds
Have you felt the baby move? That’s all she does, in fact I get worried when she doesn’t move!
Are you keeping the baby? Um…yeah. Weird question.
Do you plan on a natural or medicated birth? DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS. In fact if they can just put me to sleep and wake me up when it’s over, I’m down with that
Are you scared about labor? The fact that I have to push this child out of my vagina.
What do you think will be the worst part of labor? The pain, and the afterwards part now with the tearing and the giant pads and the squirt bottles
Have you taken any classes? Have you been reading this blog?
Who will be in the delivery room? Seth and my parents
Are you having the birth videotaped? Absolutely not, why would anyone want my lady bits on video?
Do you think you will cry when you see the baby for the first time? Yes, probably because I won’t believe I actually did it.
What do you think the fathers reaction to the baby will be? I’m not sure, I think he will probably cry, but I don’t know. I didn’t think he would cry at our wedding and he did.
How do you think family and friends will feel? They are so excited, sometimes I think they are more excited than me, but they don’t have to worry about pushing her out, so…Ha.

OH MY GOSH
So Seth finished painting my bathroom cabinets last night. My guest bathroom is like 75% fully remodeled. This weekend (he’s already started painting) he’s going to put the trim back on and then the only thing that bathroom needs is a new sink basin and light fixture. I can’t believe it.
Here are some pictures:

The medicine cabinet
The big cabinet


Both cabinets

Cabinet and vanity

Better shot of the big cabinet

PS the Seagrass baskets I have for magazines and random bathroom junk are from walmart in the bathroom fixtures section. I KNOW, who knew?

Alright off to work
I’d better keep my trainee out of the cookie jar today. I leave you with this adorable picture of Bagheera sleeping on Willow last night. Awww…Bengals Cats.


Love (for it to be the end of February already),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.