Monday, January 18, 2010

My year in review....

I’m bored and saw that someone else did this on their blog while I was blogstalking people. I thought I would regal you with my answers…


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Made a baby. Remodeled a house. Kept a relatively updated blog!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
If I did make any, I forgot them. So they must not have been that good. I didn’t make that mistake this year. People tried to make resolutions for me, but I wasn’t listening to that mess.
3. Did anyone close to you have a child?
My cousin Tara had a baby. I think that’s about it. Oh wait no, Melissa had a baby (didn't she...?)! And she is adorable, both Melissa and the baby.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, praise Jesus, some people came close though, jerks.
5. Where did you travel?
Let’s see Seth and I went to Kansas City, New York,and Orlando.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
I’d like to have work stop being done on my house. I’d also like to have some blog posts with more substance and observation rather than the normal what I did yesterday dribble, since people tend to enjoy the ones with observation.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory?
Most definitely when I repeatedly peed on a stick and it had two lines, the first time I heard her heartbeat and saw her face, and GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting knocked up, when modern science told us that we couldn’t. I’d also say getting thru my first year of marriage gracefully and with love. Also living thru Black Friday while pregnant.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being pregnant. I’m the worst pregnant lady ever. I hate it, I wanted to love it so bad and I am just awful at it. It has negatively affected most everything in my life. My love of food, my ability to work hard, my mobility, what little motivation I had to work out, my love life (oh it happens ladies, trust, no one feels sexy when something is kicking them and mystery stuff leaks out of lady parts it never did before), and my relationships with some people. I’m just no good at it. Beyond that, the fact that we once again did not take our free honeymoon this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a ton of pregnancy related illnesses and injuries this year. Before that I don’t think that I had much of any besides the occasional cold/sinus infection.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The new TV in the living room! Oh and my new car. Oh and Evelynn’s crib.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Seth’s. Seriously, that man is a saint. After that my Dad, he’s dealt with more than his share of crazy from me this year. And my mom who has been super supportive at all the right times. Brothers from all sides have been pretty good to me this year too.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There was actually one person in particular whose behavior not only confused me and broke my heart, but put it in a place where I wasn’t sure whose job it was to fix our relationship, since they cut off all communication unexpectedly, I finally gave up and decided it wasn’t mine and it wasn’t worth being sad about anymore. You can’t make everyone love you or even like you. And since there was no communication as to what exactly I may have done to offend this person, after months of supporting and encouraging this person, I couldn’t fix it. As helpful as the term “you know what you did”, I really didn’t. But in retrospect, I wish them the best and hope their life is happy. I know mine is now.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The bank of Seth, where nothing ever comes out without an epic battle in the middle of the Target baby clearance aisle. (I won though! The boppy is mine!)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Besides the baby? (which gets less exciting with each passing month of new aliments and the realization that she has to actually COME OUT at some point?) Disneyworld.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
The “Celebration” song from the Disneyworld parade. My brother sings it randomly some time and it is hilarious.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
A)Happier B) Um, FATTER, this morning I said to Evelynn, “Look kid, you can kick all you want, but I’m aware that we are running out of room on the HMS Mommy…” C) I would say for day to day things we are poorer since the Bank of Seth has put a Vulcan death grip on our finances in fear of our impending poorness when Evelynn comes.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel. I wish we had went on our honeymoon and I wish we had gone to Chicago and other places, it will be so much harder now with Evelynn. I also wish I had written more blog posts, as previously discussed.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying for sure, worrying about relationships that are dead and gone now, worrying about people who are out of my life now, worrying about the State of Evelynn everyday. If I took anything from this year it is to trust God’s plan.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We spent it snowed in Columbus, and I spent most of it sleeping because for some reason at my in-laws, I can sleep there like no one’s business.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I fell more in love with my husband this year. And I fell in love with a little person who is currently dominating the lower part of my rib cage.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Not even a funny question. How about my favorite NEW TV programs this year? Castle, Ghost Adventures, and watching football with my husband.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes. But hate is a strong term, I try not to hate the people on my hate list, but I’m no saint, some days the hate is strong. It may or may not surprise you that everyone on the hate list is a man. Ha.
24. What was the best book you read?
Hmmmm…Gosh there has been so many…Joshilyn Jackson’s new one “Girl who stopped swimming” was amazing. Man, just go back to my posts, if I loved it I wrote about it!
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Matt Nathanson (sp?)
26. What did you want and get?
Pregnant and a new car and a new TV
28. What did you want and not get?
A honeymoon trip to Mexico
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Star Trek…weird right? Followed closely by Harry Potter
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28, which I try not to have an epic meltdown about. And I think we just had a nice dinner on my birthday. I also got to go to the bookstore. It was pretty low key, which is how I wanted it because I was feeling pretty horribly pregnant.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To have won the lottery.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
The beginning of the year I was really coming into leggings and cute shirts and rehashing my love of high heels. Now at the end of the year I cry when I find pants that fit, I’m wearing my Mom and husband’s clothes, and yesterday I bought a pair of pink sweat pants and told everyone on facebook I wish I could wear them to work EVERYDAY. In pregnancy, comfy is key.
33. What kept you sane?
Napping. Napping and my family and friends. Oh and my baby doctor.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Obama was pretty rockstar this year.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
The entire election I got into, especially Vet’s rights and healthcare and the recession.
36. Who did you miss?
I missed my friends in Sioux Falls and our life in Sioux Falls a little bit this year. I however did not miss my JOB in Sioux Falls at all.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
I think the best new person I RE-met was my darling friend jenifriend from www.jenifriendphotography.com. She not only provided a sounding board for me to hash out problems, she gives wonderful advice, is as crafty as they come, and has a heart and soul bigger than I deserve to have in my life. I also have a great co-worker I met this year when I started in my new area, and she’s pretty rockstar. Friday she called me “family” and I almost cried.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Nothing will go according to your plan, but everything will go according to God’s plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.