Tuesday, January 19, 2010

People who have no weaknesses are terrible; there is no way of taking advantage of them.

Hi all! Sorry I’m late today. You must forgive me. The weather around these parts is pretty craptacular and I hate driving so I was waiting for the fog to wear off, and as if a sign from God, I got a headache (I haven’t had one of those morning headaches since the second trimester!) and Seth slid thru two intersections on his way to work, so I was right to wait. At least in my head.
I probably won’t be in tomorrow since they are predicting ice all day and I have a doctor’s appointment in the afternoon when it is at its worse. So heads up there. Maybe I’ll take some pictures for you…or maybe I will finish my book!

TV
Last night we watched Chuck and I started watching Human Target. Chuck was really good, that show just gets better and better. The guest star though (the villain is usually the guest star) was Angie Harmon who I know and like from her Law and Order days. Although I have a problem with Angie from her makeup commercials that completely ruins her for me. One of her eyes is bigger than the other. The left one. It drives me nuts. I can hardly look at her face without screaming in my head, ONE GIANT EYE!!! I never would have noticed it if she hadn’t done those Neutrogena commercials or whatever they were. Oh and if Angie happens to google herself and stumbles across this post, I think you are a great actress-your giant eyeball just freaks me out. Sorry.
Human Target had Chi McBride in it, who I LOVE from Pushing Daises. (sniff, sniff, I miss that show) so I was all jazzed up about it. It also had some really hot guy whose name I don’t know. I watched about the first half hour and wasn’t impressed. Chi was the best part. So I don’t know if I’ll even finish it.

New TV
Yesterday on Google News there was an article by a woman who likened the new CW show “Life Unexpected” to “Gilmore Girls” (WHY ARE ALL THE GOOD SHOWS CANCELLED?!?!?) so I DVR’d that last night too. I haven’t watched it yet but I will let you know what I think. The lady said the pilot isn’t great but to give it a chance beyond the pilot. I have to get some new shows in my arsenal so I stop watching crap like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom and Tabitha’s Salon Makeover. As much as I love watching them (and they are always on repeat) I feel like my brain is rotting.

Top Blogger?
So I got an email today that a website named me a top blogger! Thanks to you all! Thank you so much for visiting and reading! Here is the site: http://www.feedjit.com/news/US/bertha-9/
I’m not sure what it means but it made me feel all warm and squishy-thanks so much!!

Blogstalking
I spent some time blogstalking yesterday around new Mommy blogs and I stumbled across one where a lady said that she wasn’t going to turn her TV on until her new baby was two. Holy Moley that woman has will power, good luck to her. I wonder if she is still paying for cable? I can’t even fathom not having cable, Seth threatens it all the time but I’m pretty sure cable being on is in our prenup. (No I don’t really have a prenup, but I’m pretty sure I made him promise before we got married)

My Momma
Thanks to everyone for your well wishes, prayers, and good thoughts sent to my mom. She is doing really good. She moved to my Grandma’s house on Sunday and sounds like she is really enjoying it. Last night I had to drop off a spare DVD player for her at the Bowling Alley where my Dad was for league night. She is being a trooper as long as she stays on her pain meds-you hear that Momma?? STAY ON THE MEDS!

Evie’s room
I’ve been trying (as you may have read) to get Evelynn’s room ready for pictures. It’s really hard because I am not the kind of person who likes to wait until the last minute to be ready for something big and life changing. I had most of my wedding planning stuff done two months ahead of time. If I know something big is coming, I like to take care of it and be ready for it as best I can. So it drives me NUTS that I don’t have all her stuff ready to go by now. And I’m super grateful for all the lovely people in my life who might buy me gifts for the shower, but dang it, I want it now! How awful is that? All because of my control freak nature. Luckily I have a husband who squeaks when he walks and won’t let me go buy everything. The whole Target putting my entire registry on clearance didn’t help either. Jerks.
So anyway yesterday I finally got around to picking, printing, and giving the block letters we are putting on the wall (of her name) above her crib, to my dad. Hopefully he can get those done by this weekend and I can get them painted and put up. Then at least I know that one wall is photogenic.

Speaking of maternity pictures…
I’m so excited for mine, I’ve been looking at other people’s on photographers websites. But okay, so here’s my qualm with that, why do people have to make their maternity pictures all sexy? Like why do you have to be naked holding your boobs, or not holding your boobs? Why would you take naked pictures of yourself pregnant and pose provocatively? I don’t get it. I don’t feel sexy AT ALL. Nor do I really want to. I’m about to be a Mom. I want fun pictures with laughing and love and I want them to convey the anticipation we have about her. I want to be able to show them to her and other people. I don’t want to be like, look everyone, look how sexy I was when I was a whale. It really weird’s me out and totally confuses me. Also the ones where the Mom and Dad are holding each other and pretend to be sleeping. Um, is that so you can look back and remember the times you got to sleep? I mean I know I’ve done a lot of sleeping during this pregnancy, but I don’t think it needs to be commemorated in my maternity pictures. You know what does need to be though? My hot pink sweatpants. Those need an awards ceremony and a national holiday. So yeah, all of the maternity pictures I’ve seen googling around the internet have really put me off. That’s why I know I have the best photographer because she totally gets what I want. Just look at her work. There is no naked pregnant lady sexy posing. At least, not that she’s put up anyway. And trust, I’m no prude, but if you are going to take naked pictures of me, take them when I actually look super sexy and thin and at my ideal best. This *points to giant stomach* is not my idea best. And definitely not sexy. You should hear some of the sounds that come out of me because of it.

Ice, Ice Baby
So tomorrow is more ice. That stinks. I was really making an effort to come to work every day this week. However, people are already saying at Seth’s work that they aren’t coming in, so maybe my hubby will be working from home and will be able to keep me company. Probably not, but a girl can dream right? They will probably also cancel my dr.’s appointment which I HATE. But what can you do, I do want my doctor to live until delivery and not die in an ice accident.

Okay better get trucking
I just caught my trainee stealing cookies out of a classroom I sent him into to retrieve some carts for updating. Lord help me. Dude is like 100 years old, he should know better. Seriously.

Love (getting things ready for Evelynn),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.