Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A blog in which I try to plan random things...

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I seriously cannot believe that it is only Tuesday. It feels like it should be Wednesday at the very least. Like I said, I’m sure this week is going to last FOREVER for me.
Our “Band of Brothers” came yesterday-Hooray! We got a nasty MUD bill *angry fist shake at raising natural gas prices* so I left it for Seth to open so he would feel better.
One of the first things I want to talk today is a question for our usual party crowd-Pam and I have the winter blah’s and was wondering if anyone would like to get together on March 13th (it’s Friday the 13th.) We feel that we need something to look forward too since there isn’t really a holiday for the next couple of months. We were thinking of either a scary movie viewing party, where we watch two or three scary movies and have like pizza or something (it’s less scary to watch them in groups I think) or a game night where we have lots of dipping snacks so people can get up and snack quick and get back to the game. What do you guys have more interest in? Any better ideas? Let me know what you think in the comments section below…
Speaking of parties, I have begrudgingly been forced into a STUPID bowl party. But I’m throwing this out there to everyone who is coming now-after the end you gotsa to home. I’ve got to be at work bright and early and if I am not in bed by 10 o’clock I get NASTY and could possibly crash on my way to work, and Seth and my family will blame you for keeping me up too late. No really, they will. Judge-y stares will happen at my funeral or hospital visitation. SO if you come, you must go home before 10. FYI. So far I know I will be serving a Greek dip from the parade section of the paper with toasted flat bread and sausages with fixings. BYOB. Seth is very excited. I’m very happy to feed people.
Let me know if you plan on coming AND LEAVING AT TEN!!! We would love to see you (and tell you goodbye at 10).
Let’s see what else? We had a LOVELY dinner with Pam and Jason last night at Ruby Tuesday’s, but we spent the first 10 minutes trying to find the “all you can eat fries” on the menu, which it was not, so Jason asked for me and they do have it!! But they do not advertise it! SNEAKY!!! In fact, I’m pretty sure if we had any other server they would have told me I was full of it. So anyway I got all you can eat fries and immediately regretted it on my third plate. And what’s with the tiny servings of ketchup? Why can’t you just give me a bottle? I’m pretty sure I’m over Ruby Tuesday’s for a really long time. It was REALLY expensive and they are sneaky ketchup withholding people. Plus Seth says he’s had better steak that he has paid less for. BUT! BUT! The company was great. We heard all about Pam and Jason’s vacation to Hawaii and they brought us PRESENTS!! So sweet. I’ve decided that they must be very fun on vacation because they do really cool stuff like climb mountains and go to arcades. And they take the BEST vacation pictures. I suspect that has something to do with Jason’s art background…I’ve decided that when Seth gets around to planning my secret vacation to Atlantis in the Bahamas (where he will send ahead my wedding dress and a tux and invite the entire wedding party for a 15 year reunion where THEY will bring their wedding attire) that Jason should take some of my wedding pictures renewal. It’s like a wedding vow renewal-but for the pictures, because I’m jealous of everyone’s tropical wedding pictures. So I want some of my own, and come on, when am I EVER going to get to wear my dress again? I think this is the PERFECT excuse to wear it again, go on vacation, and take lots of beautiful pictures that I really want. But Seth has to set it up in secret, so he will need Pam to be there anyway so she can take me on a beauty day and sneak in my crown and veil and tell the people how my hair has to look. She’s key in this. As is Jason now for his picture taking skills. Seth are you reading this and remembering!??! Better log this one away because this single handedly would make you the BEST husband ever. Just FYI.

So I found out that Kathy and Dan are not eating out for one month, I told you about this right? Well I found out more information from Dan that at the END of one month, they will have SAVED ENOUGH MONEY FOR A NEW FLAT SCREEN TV. I’m officially in. Starting February I think Seth and I are going to try and not eat out for a month. (Minus Valentine’s Day-where Seth is doing something romatical) and then at the end buy a TV for the bedroom, since officially our left speaker (my side) is out, and our TV on DVD that we get from Showtime is like anti-deaf people or something and refuses to caption their shows. Seriously Showtime? Seriously? Do you know how hard it is to understand mush mouth Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry the Eighth sometimes? I feel sorry for people who actually have to USE closed captioning, The Tudors is lost on them, which is sad because it’s a great show.
So anyway, back to the no eating out for TV-that is going to be SO hard. BUT-my cooking skills are improving and I’m confident that we can do it, as long as we plan ahead and make a lot of freezable meals. (Like lasagna or enchi’s or pot roast) I can eat a bean burrito everyday for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy. Seth on the other hand needs meat and variety. So I’ll let you know how we do with that!

In crazy cat lady news-Willow has officially become a Bengal. Seth called this morning to tell me she clean jumped onto the shower door and pulled herself up and commenced with helping him shower. Apparently she played with the water stream and chatted with him while he showered. I imagine the noise of our 13+ pound kitten jumping onto the shower door scared the crap out of him. It would me. Seth had to help her down, in typical cat fashion, she can get up but she can’t get down. This new skill comes on the heels of the drawer opening skills which are DRIVING ME CRAZY as Willow is a notorious hair tie thief and Bagheera is a notorious hair tie DESTORYER. They work in tandem. It’s like the Italian Job up in my house or something. You see them plotting and planning together in the hall and then Willow comes dashing into the room and lays on the bed. Then Bagheera distracts you with the rare cuteness/loveiness that he rarely displays. Willow commences with working her paws around the seam where the drawer and the stand meet and uses all of her body weight to swing it open. She jumps up quickly and grabs as many hair ties as she can out of the drawer and runs. Bagheera sees the plan has worked and chases her down the hall. Before you know it there is a sad little graveyard of eaten hair ties in the living room. I wish they would start eating something of Seth’s so he would CARE that they can open drawers now instead of thinking it was the coolest thing ever. Willow is currently perfecting her door opening skills by pulling on whatever we might have hanging from the door in hopes that it didn’t latch all the way. If she doesn’t get it open, she has successfully shredded whatever towel was on the back of the door.

Speaking of doors-I’ve been thinking of the doors in our house. Seth wants to redo the trim since it is this beat up ghastly blond wood color. Dad suggested painting it instead of buying all new (it’s not really worth the investment since hopefully we will be out of the house in 2-2.5 years) and I know when my Dad did that to his house he repainted a lot of the doors, which I want to do since they are looking a little rough, but I don’t know what color. White seems to clean for our house and won’t match all of our colors well. Maybe a darker brown stain? We have to make sure it covers the scratches and shoe bumps and furniture dents. Hopefully we get a nice refund back from the taxes and can afford to do the painting that we want. But I’m not sure about the trim and doors. I’ll have to talk to my Dad about that…
Well I’ve successfully rambled enough this morning. Remember to let me know what you think about the March 13th party and if you will be coming to the STUPID bowl party (and leaving at 10!) that we are throwing on Sunday.
Its drill day here at work which means you can only eat, drink, and use the bathrooms at designated times in the drill (the bathroom thing is KILLING me). So I’d better get ready for lunch!
Have a great day everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I hate scarry movies!!! But I'm not sure if I will be able to attend. It's my friend Angie's birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.