Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome PRESIDENT Obama!! Yay for days where history happens!

Happy HISTORY EVERYONE!!

I am going to have a stunted blog today because I have not yet quite processed all of my feelings on the Inauguration today. Besides just ecstatic and excited and wordless about it.
I hope all of you got a chance to watch. I finally got CNN.com up and working after a few failed attempts! I actually missed the first part of the inauguration waiting for the video to load. UGH! Good thing I DVR’d it!
It’s just all so very very exciting, and hopeful. I am very hopeful. Especially since my children will be born while Barack is president
L’ara (whose house we are going to tomorrow for what sounds like a Top Chef inspired dinner!) would like to recommend the book “I hope they serve beer in hell” to our Heavy Baggage Book Club. Here is the description and cover from Amazon.com-
My name is Tucker Max, and I am an asshole. I get excessively drunk at inappropriate times, disregard social norms, indulge every whim, ignore the consequences of my actions, mock idiots and posers, sleep with more women than is safe or reasonable, and just generally act like a raging dickhead. But, I do contribute to humanity in one very important way: I share my adventures with the world. —from the Introduction Actual reader feedback:
"I am completely baffled as to how you can congratulate yourself for being a womanizer and a raging drunk, or think anyone cares about an idiot like you. Do you really think that exploiting the insecurities of others while getting wasted is a legitimate thing to offer?"
"Thank you, thank you, thank you—for sharing with us your wonderful tales of drunken revelry, for teaching me what it means to be a man, for just existing so I know that there is another option; I too can say ‘screw the system’ and be myself and have fun. My life truly began when I finished reading your stories. Now, when faced with a quandary about what course of action I should take, I just ask myself, ‘What Would Tucker Do?’—and I do it, and I am a better man for it."
"I find it truly appalling that there are people in the world like you. You are a disgusting, vile, repulsive, repugnant, foul creature. Because of you, I don’t believe in God anymore. No just God would allow someone like you to exist."
"I’ll stay with God as my lord, but you are my savior. I just finished reading your brilliant stories, and I laughed so hard I almost vomited. I want to bring that kind of joy to people. You’re an artist of the highest order and a true humanitarian to boot. I'm in both shock and awe at how much I want to be you."
"You are the coolest person I can even imagine existing. If you slept with my girlfriend, it'd make me love her more."







Let me know if you are interested in reading it or picking it up so we can post your reviews!!

Okay I’m off to watch PRESIDENT Obama do random things thru out the day! As a history major, I could watch this for the next three days without stop. Ask how many days I was in my room after Sept. 11th happened…anyway-needless to say-ADDICTED!

God Bless you all and God Bless the UNITED States of America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.