Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My First Post

I struggled for the last six minutes trying to decide what this blog should be about. Should it be about me? Should it be explaining the blog? Should it just be random?
I decided to just ramble and see what comes out...
I aspire to have my blog as hilarious as Joshilyn Jackson's blog. A good portion of my day is reading the back posts of this blog and laughing out loud like a crazy person and the copying and pasteing whole sections of the blogs to my friends. She is one of my FAVORITE authors and I live for reading her books-marking up my favorite parts-giving them to my friends, having them mark up their favorite parts, and then going back and reading what they love.
In fact I do that in all my books. And I encourage you to do so too. Write on the first white page who you are and the date. Then why you started the book. Then thru out the book, underline your favorite passages and lines and put some thoughts about the story. Then lend the book to your friends (and pray they return them-FYI if I lend you a book-I'm a NAZI about getting it back, they are like my children and I miss them when they are gone and I'm eager to get them back and see what you thought-ask Carrie R) and have them do the same. First of all it helps me keep track of who I lent the book to, and second its like a discussion group, you can write by other people's comments and hopefully spark some communication. Now granted, this has only ever worked with Carrie R. but I lent some books to Pam for her vacation and I'm hoping she does the same. In theory, it is going to be the best thing ever.
Speaking of my friends, I have a few guest bloggers, if they accept the invite.
First is my Soulles-Caroline Rivera or as everyone in my life knows her-Carrie R. (and as the world knows us Carrie^2-thanks Mr. Kritz!) she will give relationship rules, advice, political insight, and general hilarious comments and wittiness.
Next is my talented and smart friend Pammie Sue. She is going to be a doctor and she is the person who I go to for 99% of my advice. Ask her about the time I had a rash on my belly button. Go on ask-I dare you. Hopefully she will post insightful blogs and be our resident Dr. Gupta, CNN style. Pammie also watches as much if not more television than me-so she will have TV insight too.
And the last person I have invited so far is my brother Jesse. Jesse is good for a laugh. He lives in a kick ass double wide trailer down by the creek and he has always been one of the funniest persons I know. But I doubt he will post that much since he doesn't even check his email.

Look at my great line up for a well rounded blog! Self-five me!
I work at a nuclear power plant (Hence forth known as NPP). No really, I do.
Right now I am in Records Management which is pretty exciting considering I'm a history major and this is the first time I've actually used any of my skills in archiving that I learned in college. Yesterday I sent this email to my friends:

Here are some things I learned in the last 50 minutes of actual working I just did:

1. It is impossible to look cool while pushing a cart full of binders that need to be filed. Especially if said cart has a wobbly wheel and you spend half your time muscling the cart away from the freshly re-wall papered NPP walls. Where said rewallpaperer man is a couple feet down from you giving you the stink eye in case you DO hit his freshly wall papered walls.

2. Fire safe file drawers are EVIL. They slowly roll back into place while you are trying to unload them and in a reflex move to catch them before they close and you have to re-enter the code- you smash your finger in the drawer, usually your middle one, repeatedly.

3. Every time I stand up from my desk, I have to pee, no matter if I went 2 minutes ago. And it’s always a good healthy pee not like a,”hey you just peed 2 minutes ago-I have nothing” which means I’m drinking too much water or I need the stuff on the gotta go commercial.

4. Aforementioned uncool filing cart looks even more uncool on your way back to your desk and does not fit into bathroom doors so you have to leave it out there and go uber fast so that no one steals your cart because people are notorious cart stealer's at NPP

5. My day is better spent emailing because I only wasted 50 minutes, 15 of those spent in the bathroom.

What else?
I should take a moment to warn everyone-I have no internal filter, no tact, nothing. I'd like to apologize in advance to my husband and family for embarrassing them with all of my tact-less-ness that will appear on this blog. Its going to happen, just accept it.

So Carrie R promised to blog tonite, so look forward to that...and other than that, I think I'm done for the morning. Hopefully I will have some more to publish this afternoon, maybe about how I watched American Idol last night-I have lots of comments on that...
Oh and FOOD-I can't wait to blog about food.

Have a great day and a fantastic tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.