Thursday, January 22, 2009

More lists, weekend plans, a shout out to Kitty, and I'm going to DISNEYWORLD in JUNE!!

I’m going to Disneyworld!!!
In June-when it will be hot and crowded I have been informed.
My parents are taking the family to Disneyworld and I am SO VERY EXCITED. I just don’t know what to do! Besides start saving! :-) I have never been to Disneyworld-so any helpful suggestions or insider tips are greatly appreciated! We are looking at June 14th to go. And Ellyn will finally be legal and 21 for a vacation so we will have a GRAND time for sure! Hooray for family vacations-I can't TELL you how excited I am-especially since I have been whining to Seth about how everyone but us goes on vacation and how much fun we had at the Cancun family vacation two years ago!! Hooray!!
What else? We had a GREAT time at dinner last night with L’ara and JJ! Thanks guys! *waves* We had a fantastic meal, I learned they make DIPPING OIL for bread at Baker’s, so I have to go get some of THAT now. And I learned L’ara is a FANTASTIC painter and will be sweetly wooed into my next painting party FOR SURE.
So Seth caught up with the blog last night and he says that I don’t talk enough about our cats or him. So here is my list of 100 things I love about Seth and our cats. (50 each) because I’m totally into listing things right now.
Top 50 things I love about my husband:
1) He married me.
2) He accepts that I am crazy and loves it.
3) He is passionate about his work.
4) He loves our cats like children and talks to them that way too.
5) He loves to sleep as much as I do.
6) He works really hard.
7) He has great morals.
8) He treats me like a lady.
9) He still opens doors and pulls out chairs and puts my coat on for me.
10) He is really, really, really smart.
11) He does all the budgeting and bills.
12) When we go to the grocery store, he does all the “which is the better value” stuff.
13) He used to work at a grocery store so he knows the sale cycle of things.
14) He used to work at a Taco John’s so he makes the BEST burritos.
15) He used to work at a moving company so we can get a lot of stuff into a TINY van.
16) He likes to work out, even when I whine about it.
17) He likes to cook for me.
18) He can fix the computer when I break it.
19) He can pretty much fix anything when I break it.
20) He carries my bags in the airport.
21) He carries my bags when we go shopping.
22) He still holds my hand when we sleep at night.
23) He lets me have 1 million pillows on the bed and 5 duvets and two cats.
24) He indulges my obsessions and idiosyncrasies.
25) None of my 100 weird things about me list surprised him.
26) He’s trying to help me follow my passion.
27) He loves food as much as I do.
28) He watches hours of TV for me.
29) He plays video games still and picks the ones he knows I will like to watch him play.
30) He loves my family like his own.
31) He lets me listen to my rap music and my R&B but just not as loud as I usually do.
32) He loves punk music and heavy metal and it opens me up to a whole new world of music.
33) He encouraged me change jobs on a leap of faith when I was miserable at my perfectly good job.
34) He would do anything for his family.
35) Even when he is grumpy, he is tolerable.
36) He lets me whine CONSTANTLY if I need too.
37) He lets me cry if I need to.
38) He knows if I’m having a bad day and usually makes me dinner.
39) He likes to help clean the house so it isn’t all my job.
40)He likes to cuddle as long as my hair isn’t wet.
41) He gets me water every night before we go to bed.
42) He always gives me three kisses (past, present, and future) before we go to bed and when we leave each other and says I love you too.
43) He tells me he loves me, randomly and a lot.
44)He makes me laugh.
45) He loves to learn and try new things.
46)He will have lazy days with me.
47) He doesn’t mind that I don’t wear make up or wash my hair on the weekends, as long as I bathe and don’t wear the pirate shirts (THEY ARE FRENCH CHIC SETH!).
48)He knows that I don’t like to go anywhere alone and will go anywhere with me.
49)He forgives me and loves me when I’m crabby and wrong.
50) He wants to have babies with me.

Top 50 things I love about my Bengal Cats
1) Their names are Bagheera and Willow
2) We never ever call them those names unless they are in trouble. Normally they are “Bags” and “Willowby”.
3) They are so unique.
4) Bags is HandiCAT and doesn’t let anyone put him in his place.
5) Willowby has a toy mousey that is her FAVORITE even though Bags ate the face off and she carries it around the house.
6) Bags destroys every cat toy we have eventually, except the football shaped hackeysack L’ara gave Seth. So I guess technically it doesn’t count as a cat toy.
7) They miss us when we are gone.
8) They talk to us, like have whole conversations with meow inflection tone changes.
9) They are eating us out of our home.
10) Bags is a cuddle MONSTER in the morning, but only in the morning-its like he missed your ugly face so he’s decided to show he needs you.
11) Willow does this thing called pretty kitty where she rubs her head on the ground and rolls over on her tummy when she is in trouble and it is SO HARD TO YELL AT HER.
12) They cuddle together when we sleep at night.
13) They sleep at the foot of the bed with us.
14) They are too smart for their own good-they’ve just learned how to open drawers-we are SCREWED.
15) They HAVE to be in the same room as you-no matter what and they cry if you lock them out.
16) They always come running and greet us at the door when we come home-even if we are gone five minutes.
17) They actually play with their cat toys.
18) They love Seth best of all and when they cuddle with him it’s the CUTEST THING EVER.
19) Because they love Seth best of all it means that they aren’t always under my feet and in my lap so I can love them when I want-on my terms.
20) Willow loves to sit on the edge of the bathtub and talk to me when I’m in the bath and she yells at Seth if he comes in.
21) Bags peeks his head over the edge of the tub and cries because all he can see is my floating head.
22) They are learning to drink out of the toilet.
23) We make them say please for their food or treats and sometimes they actually do it.
24) They like to have their picture taken.
25) Last weekend Willow sat on top of the tv and attacked the Arizona Cardinals every time they threw the ball. I think it helped the Steelers win.
26) They are getting to be BIG cats.
27) Bags has a rug we call the Bagheera rug that looks just like him and he likes to lay in the sun and sleep on it.
28) They are so pretty.
29) They have big ole ears.
30) They play fetch
31) When they play chase me catch me around the house it sounds like a herd of elephants.
32) They are curious like you wouldn’t believe.
33) They have ATTITUDE.
34) My friends treat them like our children and love them to death.
35) They have caused me to be a crazy cat lady and I don’t even care.
36) My parents call them the “grandkitties” and sometimes stop by just to see them and play wit them.
37) I miss them during the day.
38) Bags is like a grumpy teenager most of the time.
39) Willow is like a need prima donna most of the time.
40)They love to lay in laps.
41) They don’t shy away from strangers.
42) Willow thinks she is a parrot and Seth is a pirate.
43) I once had the vet yell at me for letting Willow chew on Bag’s man parts.
44)When Bags had his man parts fixed he hated Willow for like a WEEK. Wouldn’t let her come near her or anything. I guess he associated that pain with her.
45) They are NAUGHTY and we love it even though cleaning up 100 spilled toothpicks is no one’s idea of a good time.
46)They are sweet when they want to be.
47) They love to sleep as much as I do.
48)They are learning how to walk on leashes.
49)They make me feel better when I am sad.
50) They give each other hugs.



So there are my lists for the day.
I’d like to take this opportunity, in the spirit of loving your pets, to take a moment to remember Kathy’s cat Kitty, who passed away today. My heart is with you Kathy! Know that Kitty was one LOVED cat and she had a great life. She was lucky to have you. :-) Make sure you give Kirby and extra tight squeeze for me.

Also I have decided to go on a cooking RAMPAGE this weekend, on Saturday. Here is the list of things I will possibly be cooking: Chicken and Cheese Enchi’s, Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, Mexican Meatloaf Muffins (new recipe to try), Chocolate Chip Cookies, and maybe lasagna since I was inspired last night by L’ara.

I hope you all have a great day!
Much love!
Carrie

7 comments:

  1. That's a pretty interesting menu for a vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, babe.... ? The Steelers didn't play the Cardinals last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh....and I luvya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well then who did they play??? I have NO idea.
    Oh and that menu is me cooking for my man. So that I DON'T have to cook during the week. And also a casserole that I'm taking to Dan and Kathy for their loss, and my lasanga is vegetarian...but I make a meat one for Seth too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steelers beat the Ravens and Cardinals beat the Eagles. Steelers play the Cardinals in Tampa Bay this Sunday. What's with all the birds though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA. It's the STUPID BIRD BOWL. That's what's up with it!!
    Can I wear my French Chic shirt to the supposed Stupid Bird Bowl party you are having? We should serve something with Chicken. Like have a bird theme for it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.