Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hi my name is Carrie and I'm an obsessive eye brow plucker...

Happy Hump Day everyone!
Traffic was SO BAD this morning it was UNREAL. I think that’s the worst traffic I’ve ever sat in.
Last night I watched “Intervention” off the DVR and it was this guy who was an alcoholic and he got put in the hospital for alcohol poisoning, which wasn’t shocking since he drank a GALLON OF PLASTIC BOTTLE VODKA, but the most disturbing part of the episode was when he DRANK HAND SANITIZER in the hospital because it was 62% alcohol and he needed it. HAND SANITIZER. Grossest thing EVER. And he acted like it was water. It was the saddest thing I’ve ever seen. He was all dead behind the eyes and crying all the time. I feel sadistic just watching the show. And then I don’t even watch the “intervention” part of it, I fast forward thru it because I don’t like to hear families blame shift. I just want to see the end. By the way Anthony has been sober since Sept. 22, 2008 which I find VERY HARD TO BELIEVE since he DRANK HAND SANTIZER.
He was almost as disturbing as the lady who drank mouth wash. Probably more disturbing because at least mouth wash is minty.
The Amazon Gold box is going to ruin my marriage. Amazon entirely is on track to ruin my entire bank account. Why do they have to have such good deals? Jerks.
I’m sad to report that the economy crisis is starting to effect the Midwest and people I know. My brother is looking for a job and a lot of my friends are too. I feel so bad! I know a lot of other people who are beginning to receive threats that layoffs. I really hope things pick up soon for our nation.
A radio DJ this morning said something that really struck me, she was talking about how the media is going crazy because Jessica Simpson went from a size 2 to a size 8 (by the way there is NOTHING wrong with that at all, I applaud her) and she said “It’s so sad to think that just last week our country was full of optimism and hope and love when we were rallying behind a new President, and now we are back to this petty crap.” And it’s so true. I also read a quote from Actor Daniel Radcliffe that really summed up how I feel about Obama right now or at least on inauguration day-He expressed his happiness for America in having elected Obama, describing him as a combination of Martin Luther King and JFK, saying he represents “everything the rest of the world liked about America and now likes again.” I think I really feel that sentiment because I’ve seen America thru the eyes of the rest of the world when I lived overseas on military bases.

So here are the foods I think we will be having at the STUPID bowl party-greek dip, sausages, beef and cheese dip and bean and cheese dip. And I might get some veggies. Small snacks, it’s a small party from our guest list so far. I’m trying to find a good bean and cheese dip recipe. One that you can dip tortilla chips in. Nothing that involves VELVEETA. Please for the love of pete. Maybe something with cream cheese instead? Throw your recopies my way! Ooo! And if I can put it in the crockpot you will be my hero and you may stay at our party until 10:10!
Okay well I’d better get on with the day since I was a half an hour late to work.
Also, can we just cancel the audition part of American Idol? PLEASE? They didnt' even SHOW the people who got thru really, just weirdness, that episode wasn't even worth the 15 minutes I spent fast forwarding thru it. I'm over it, can we just get to the elimination rounds so you can break my heart already and kill all the people I like? I'm starting to think David Cook was a fluke. Last seasons auditions were a little more bearable then the crap they are putting out right now...Anyone feeling me on this??
Once again it’s a day where NO ONE is emailing me. I’m starting to wonder if my friends are still alive or if their email isn’t getting thru or if MY email’s aren’t getting thru. Either way I’m very worried about my lack of emails.
One Love!
Carrie

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried searching kraftfoods.com for a dip recipe? You can search for specific foods in their recipes and I haven't made anything bad from that website. It also helps to read the comments on the recipes so you can see if they made substitutions (perhaps for Velveeta even) or general changes to make it taste better.

    Caution: You may become addicted to the website and want to make 10-20 different recipes you find after visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I actually have and I went as far as to sign up for their FREE magazine that comes every couple of months and forces me to become a 50's house wife and make not only DELCIOUS things but things SHAPED as other things. Like a watermelon that's been cut into the shape of a whale and had the insides balled and replaced in neat little balls. *angry fist shake at the kitchen genius of kraft!* I actually got sucked into the flashy article on MSN about superbowl foods and think I am going to make chili mac and cheese in the crock pot now. BUT! I did learn that you can use a can of condensed cheddar soup instead of velveeta and it's really yummy! Thanks Karie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki said last night that she has a great mac and cheese that uses fontina cheese? Maybe you could call her and get the recipe.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that magazine! When it first started it was ALL recipes and now it's a lot of advertising, but it's free and it's recipes! If you sign up with the Pillsbury website you'll get a calendar each year with recipes. One easy recipe that I got from my mom for dip, which I'm sure you already know about, but in a 9x13 pan, spread cream cheese on the bottom, then a layer of chili (vegetarian for you, of course), then chopped green peppers, chopped onion, chopped olives, and monterey jack cheese. In the oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Also, the Kraft recipe for cheesy spinach artichoke dip is now a staple in my house--definitely give it a try, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.