Thursday, November 12, 2009

The greatest mistake is trying to be more agreeable than you can be.

Hey there blog world! Happy Grey Day! I hope your Thursday goes by fast so you can rush home, get a fantastic dinner, and settle in to watch Grey’s. Okay that’s what I hope for myself anyway.

Evelynn’s a pistol
So we went to the doctor’s appointment yesterday. My daughter is trouble already. First she wasn’t moving around much in the afternoon so I had a mild panic attack. Then we went to the doctor’s office and lo and behold, we had to wait FOREVER. I realized I had the worst Cheese-it breath in the history of the world and dug thru my purse to find anything to counteract it. All I found were gummy worms. So I ate some of those, and guess who decided to join the waiting party? That’s right, Evelynn Ann. We finally got around to being seen by our doctor (who is fantastic even though she makes me wait forever) and for the first time the doctor pulled out the measuring tape to measure me. Then she told me that I was carrying this pregnancy really well and she couldn’t believe how big I wasn’t. Also, I only gained the requisite four pounds required and admissible by the doctor’s office, so I did not get scolded or told my weight in a judgy voice. Huzzah. But anyway, for the first time I got to be “taped”. I have no idea what I was because I was distracted by the fact that my daughter, very obviously, kicked the doctor for poking her. The doctor even reacted. Next we went over our test results for the down’s/ spina bifida thing and I tested negative so that was super. Then she read over the results of my ultrasound and declared mine and Evelynn’s progress as GREAT! I was pretty pleased with my life creating capabilities. My doctor also noticed the complete change in me and my attitude, indicating that the Zoloft was really helping. We decided to stick with the small dosage I was on, since that seemed to be working fine. Next we went to hear her heartbeat with the Doppler thingy. Of course, of course, Evelynn was a stubborn mule. She wiggled away from the Doppler, repeatedly kicked the Doppler wand and the doctor, and made it all but impossible to find her heartbeat. The doctor commented again on us having our hands full. We finally found it and she let us listen for about half a second before she squirmed around again to get away. Our doctor was rolling, I was trying not to have a complete meltdown.
The doctor also gave me a gel to put in my nose for the nosebleeds, but unfortunately, can do nothing for the headaches since its inflammation and I can’t take anything, like ibuprofen to help the inflammation. That information is not going to go over well with my boss. Hopefully since most of the harvesting is done around here and the weather is starting to cool off they will taper off.
I also asked the doctor if the burning band of ow under my boobs was Evelynn starting to squish all my parts into my chest and she was like, “uh no, that’s heartburn”. Never having heartburn before I had no idea. So I also got whatever the prescription for heartburn medicine is. Zantac or something? It will be nice to have it in the house since Seth is the king of heartburn.
Speaking of my boobs-HOLY HELL. I thought they were done expanding. I’m about out of my new bras I bought. I’ve had to go down to the last latch. Even Seth commented on how much bigger they had gotten in the last week. I’m like all boobs right now. I bet if I went into Victoria’s Secret to get measure they would say I’m a D cup easy. I always wondered what this life was like. Although, with the baby belly, they aren’t as fun as I want them to be. Don’t worry, I’ve been slathering lotion on them like it’s my job.
So anyway, long story short, Evelynn is doing great-but she is already trouble. My mom and I were talking and she had a whole bunch of my old baby clothes cleaned and she was like, should I bring them to you? And I was like no, knowing my luck, she will hate wearing clothes and take them off all the time and be naked, so you should probably keep some at your house for her. Or she will be an exploding goo baby and we will need lots of clothing changes.

What else I did last night
When we got home, I, in my glowing only four pounds glory, decided to go on a brisk walk with Seth before the sun went down. Holy Mac and Cheese. I about passed out. But I finished and I was super proud of myself. If it wasn’t getting colder I’d make a commitment to do that a lot. Since I can’t convince Seth to buy me a new TV in the living room, he’s promised to move my Denise Austin pregnancy workout video to the bedroom so I can do it. I finally find myself with enough energy to do things like that again.
After that Seth did some working from home and I watched Ghost Adventures, which is like the funniest creepiest ghost hunting show ever. Then we ate dinner and we watched HIMYM, Castle (OH LOVED) and Criminal Minds (I am really liking the new storyline of Morgan taking over for Hotch and last night’s episode/criminal mind squicked me out so much at one point I hid behind my blanket and vowed I would have nightmares).
While Seth was on the phone with his Mom, I fast forwarded thru SYTYCD to see who got kicked off. I have to say, I'm suprised at the guy. I was suprised at the bottom three, really. How were Mollee and Nathan not in that!?!?
When we started to shut down the basement for the night, I got an email from Amazon saying the new Bon Jovi CD was on sale (download only) for 4 bucks. So of course I ran upstairs and downloaded it and made copies for my friends. I mean, I made copies for my car.
Then I took a bath and we went to bed.
Now that is an evening worth talking about.

When you come to the end, stop.
Well since that’s about all I have for you at the moment, I’ll leave you to chew on this entry for a while. Maybe I’ll be back this afternoon if I get bored!

Love (when the weather gets colder),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.