Monday, November 16, 2009

They certainly give very strange names to diseases.

Hi all! Glad to see you survived Friday the 13th. If you didn’t, please don’t haunt me, I have enough issues as it is.

Evelynn’s blog
I’m leading with this because by far the most exciting/revolting part of my weekend was the development of two new pregnancy symptoms. I guess I should tell you first that the H1N1 flu shot is trying to kill me and I feel pretty sick and run down. I also made the mistake of cleaning my house this weekend and flared up mine and Seth’s allergies by dusting. I’ll bet you money we have sinus infections right now. Anyway, the fun part of being sick is the constant sneezing I’ve been doing. And the new pregnancy symptom is that I pee my pants when I sneeze, unless I cross my legs and squeeze before I sneeze. But let’s face it, sometimes sneezes catch you off guard, like when you are squatting trying to find a pan in the back of the dark hole that is your pan cabinet. (seriously, whose stupid idea was it to put a really long dark scary cabinet for pans, in this day and age that is the best pan storage technology we can come up with? Bar hanging it from the ceiling, Ikea hasn’t come up with anything more revolutionary either) So I’m back to wearing pads, and now live in mortal fear of sneezing.
The second pregnancy symptom is night sweats. There is nothing like waking up soaking wet. And when you’re pregnant, you have to pee, a lot, all night. And with the induction of temperatures in the lower 30’s this weekend, that means I come back to a cold wet spot in bed, and I’m usually freezing from sitting on the toilet to pee. Pregnancy is fun everyone!
I was ranting at work this morning about all this and the lady at work looked at me and goes “Aww Evelynn is going to be an only child!”. She may be right.
In happier Evelynn news, we went to Walmart to get various things, it was one of those Walmart trips where you unintentionally buy half the store but it’s all stuff you always needed and got a great deal on (like my new bathroom hardware), and they were also trying to clear everything out for Christmas so everything that was on clearance was a dollar. Including cute little baby clothes, so I bought Evie four adorable little outfits. Even Seth was picking some out for her and telling me to put the other ones back, even when I was like “BUT THEY’RE A DOLLAR!” I’m pretty excited about them. And I don’t even care that she will probably fit into them for five seconds.
Seth and I finally got her room put totally together on Saturday night, my computer is back up (but not running, I didn’t have time or energy to try it) and the “office” portion of her room is organized and put away. I hung her new little outfits from a screen that I had and am putting in her room to block the office from Evelynn’s room. (Those of you who knew me in college, this is the Chinese cherry wood and paper screen that used to be behind my TV)
Kathy brought her an adorable pink hat with a metallic lip print on it yesterday. I kind of love those little hats. And Pam emailed to tell me she bought her a gift too. Evelynn is a spoiled girl already!

Weekend review
Let’s see what did we do this weekend? Friday I got my H1N1 shot, I came home and Seth was already home because he hit his 40 hours at work and got the heck out of there to work on his project. I think basically I let him work on that all night and I watched TV and stayed out of his hair. I wasn’t feeling so hot so we went to bed around 12, which is unusual for us on a weekend.
Saturday we woke up late and I knew I had to get Seth to run errands before he hunkered down with his project. Kathy was supposed to stop by sometime and I wanted to get them done before that. Then my Mom called and she needed help picking out a suit for work and I was starving so I changed all my plans and went out with her. I called Kathy and arranged for her and Dan to come to family dinner I was throwing Sunday instead and let Seth work on his project and watch football. Mom and I went to the California Pizza Kitchen which was really good and we had a great lunch. Then we picked out some suits for her at Talbots and she took me home. When I got home Seth and I went out and did our errands as quick as we could, we went to Sam’s, got gas, went to Walmart, and went to Target to get our prescriptions. Then I came home and made chocolate chip cookies and spinach artichoke dip. Around 9 we went and got Taco Bell (Cheesy Gordita Crunch’s are on sale-whooo hooo!!!) and a Diet Cherry Limeade from Sonic (Evelynn literally danced when I drank it) and we watched some TV. Seth and I opened the new crockpot (ours broke so we had to buy a new and now bigger one) and we made the Tex Mex Chicken for family dinner on Sunday.
Sunday we woke up and I finished cleaning the house and Seth took care of the cat pan in our dining room (I’m so grossed out with myself that I have to do this, but there is literally nowhere else to put it. I’m not putting in my bedroom and I’m definitely not putting it in Evie’s room. We have one downstairs, but my handicat never uses it because it’s a hassle for him to get down the stairs with his bum leg) and I started getting all the condiments put in fancy bowls. I had a nice thought while I was preparing this meal that Seth and I have such nice things and we were so lucky that people loved us so much at our wedding to give them to us. Everyone had shown up around 1 and we had a lovely meal. By 2:30 everyone had left and Seth and I cleaned up the kitchen and watched the end of the Bengals/Steelers game (GO BENGALS!! WOOO! I only love them because I watched “Hard Knocks” on HBO so I know all their sob stories) and decided a little nap was in order because I was starting to feel run down again. Then we accidently slept until 6. Whoops.
We woke up and Seth was feeling awful. So we vegged in front of the TV and I ate some dinner (Seth didn’t feel like it) and basically I took a bath and we went back to bed.

Today
This morning I was terrified there was going to be snow and ice on the ground but the local area weathermen were right and it stayed south of us. I’m a terrible snow/ice driver. I love winter and all that snow and bad weather when I can stay home snuggled up with my man and kidtens and TV. So I was relieved that it hadn’t started yet, although I need to keep an eye on it because it’s supposed to. I also woke up and felt terrible and it’s getting worse as I sit here at work. If the pee sneezing starts I’m totally going home. I am trying to actually work a full week of work (I know, I know) but that flu shot weakened my immune system and I think a sinus infection creeped in.
Kathy bought me a bunch of fleece scarves at Old Navy and I’m wearing one today and I’m very glad for it because it is my official sneeze guard when I’m around people.

Off to catch up on blogs…I mean work
Okay I’m off to do…things. I hope you all have a Monday that flies by (at least that’s what I’m hoping for) and you are doing wonderful. Evelynn just did a little pirouette for you.

Love (to be feeling a little less deathy right now),
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Carrie, thank you for giving it to us straight when it comes to pregnancy - I will be fully prepared for sneeze pee & all the other crazy things when I am preggers someday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.