Monday, November 23, 2009

There's no secret about success. Did you ever know a successful man who didn't tell you about it?

Hi World!
I made it back to work today. I’m so proud of myself. It almost didn’t happen. I woke up at 4 with pain but took so Tylenol and told myself to relax and Seth held my hand and I did my stretches my mom sent me. So by 6 I was ready to go.
Then I almost hit a deer. When I called Seth to tell him I said it was like “Jersey deer” all over again, and then I smiled that I made a reference to our last vacation and he got it.
But I made it in and have been spending the morning catching up.

This weekend
Mostly this weekend I rested and stretched and tried to build up my stamina to work. I am blessed that it’s a short work week, but it is still a long work day. I found out that if I don’t come to work on Wednesday then I won’t get paid for the holidays at the end of the week, so I really need to be able to make that day for sure.
Friday Seth came home super late and I told him I needed a little time out of the house so we ran to the grocery store where I had to go lay in the car instead of helping him check out. Then he went and got Old Chicago nachos for us and it was delicious. Saturday I was determined to see my Grandpa since I had not seen him since all that stuff went down with him in the hospital (he is in hospice care now) I couldn’t see him because I didn’t have my H1N1, but I got it so I knew I needed to go. I also knew, that no matter how much pain I was in, I couldn’t postpone it another week. So Seth and I woke up early on Saturday, got in the car (with my mom) and drove down to Syracuse. We spent about an hour with my Mom’s parents before heading over to visit with Grandpa. Then we ate lunch with him (well we ate, sadistically we ate in front of him at his favorite place to eat, since he can’t eat anymore-awkward…) and then Seth and I took Mom to the thrift shop to see Grandma (who was at work) and then we headed home. I was in a lot of pain by the time we got home, so I laid in bed and Seth came and took a little nap with me and then worked on his project the rest of the night. I had mac and cheese for dinner. Seth had the ham that we got at a great price grocery shopping and that we had been cooking since 4. Sunday we woke up late and Seth got his football stuff together and took out the cat pan, we clipped the cats death talons and then we rested. Around 12 we went to Walmart so Seth could get a haircut. Seth picked out the yarn for Evelynn’s blanket that he wanted me to crotchet and when we got home I got started on that. It is so cute and soft! I can’t wait to wrap her up in it.
We watched football and Seth worked on school and I crotched, read the book Mom gave me called Prep: A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld which is super good, and napped. I watched the AMA’s which was boring pretty much. They don’t give a lot of awards away at that, for being the “American Music Awards” it’s mostly about the performances, which weren’t anything breathtaking. I was excited to see Timbaland but then sad because he seemed drunk or something. I liked the new girl he was singing with though. I also have no words to describe what exactly happened with Adam Lambert or Lady GaGa. They should tour together.
Seth made me some pizza. Then I took a bath and we went to bed. We tried to get to bed early so I wouldn’t be tired and whiney in the morning, that tends to make my ab pain worse. We read the booklet about Labor and Delivery at UNMC that they sent us and had some good laughs about that.

Evelynn’s blog
Evelynn has been super active all weekend. She loves when I’m laying down. I also noticed that she has seemed to have developed a sense of balance or orientation in the past couple of days, because I’m a side switcher hardcore at night. If I get up to pee I have to change the side I’m sleeping on and I noticed when I do that she gets all squirmy and wiggle and feels like she’s flipping sides too.
Yesterday she was taking my breath away with her kicks. I told Seth that she was dancing to the music on the AMA’s.
Other than that, in an effort to make her room look a little better, I’ve started some crocheting blankets for her. Seth picked out the yarn because I was bedridden but the first blanket I’m doing in super small stitches is a corrugated pink and white yarn and the second one I’m doing is going to be two yarns together, pink and brown. He bought the baby yarn too. So I’ve been jazzed about working on those.

Black Friday
So it sounds like we will be mounting up the troops and tackling Black Friday this year. Bright and early. I’m doing it for a TV ya’ll. Seriously. I might have to throw some weight around, but I’ll be at Target at 4 am to stand in line for my upstairs TV. Seth has to drop me off because he has to go to a different store to get my Christmas present. We also want to go to Walmart and Menards for sure. I might take pictures for you all and document the trauma I expirence.

You have a pretty vagina.
Seth’s muscle magazine gave the advice in the “sex” section to readers that if they told a woman that she had a “pretty vagina” then women would have sex with them. Really? REALLY.
When Seth told me this I launched into a diatribe about how completely ridiculous that was and it was seriously like 45 minutes worth before he stopped me and told me he knew that and he told me to make me laugh. Obviously he should have lead with that statement.

Better catch up!
Okay friends, I’m going to catch up with the gobs of work I have, but I will try to be back later with more observations on being bed ridden and our holiday plans, if not today, then tomorrow for sure!

Love (to be a productive member of society again),
Carrie

1 comment:

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.