Monday, November 9, 2009

Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.

It’s just another Manic Monday. Is it the weekend yet? Lord I wish it was. I’m totally okay with time flying by these days if it means we get to meet Evelynn faster.

Return to the weekend
Friday I got off work and headed home. Seth was already at home because he got off at noon. He spent the afternoon in bed napping because he was so worn out from his stress week. He really needed it. Mom had called on my way home and asked if we wanted to come over for pizza, and of course I did. I got home and took a quick nap and then we headed over to their place. We had a lot of fun. Jesse was there too. We stayed there until about 9 I think and then went home and watched a little DVR.
Saturday morning Seth snuck out of bed and got me doughnuts and roses. It was the sweetest thing ever. It would have been sweeter if I hadn’t woken up before he came home and gotten upset that I didn’t know where he was. I woke up and it was just me and Bagheera in the bed. I asked him if Willow and Seth finally wised up and left us. Of course Seth forgot to take his phone so I had no way of figuring out where he was. But when he finally showed up with doughnuts I was pretty forgiving. And excited.
After that we worked on the house and finished up Evelynn’s room, as you saw, her crib is complete! My dad stopped by and got a DVD player we had for his shop and put on the bathroom cabinet doors and fixed some lights that were out. After he left Seth’s parents stopped by and stayed for a while and we caught up. Seth and his Dad rehung the closet doors in Evelynn’s room so now all Seth has to do is set back up the computers and I can put that room back together!
Seth’s parents left the same time that Justin and Whitney showed up to start our nacho/Nebraska night. We had a lot of fun, and delicious nachos. I crashed about midnight and they left around 2:30.
Sunday Seth spent most of the day in bed, I was there on and off. Around 4 my mom called and asked if we wanted to come over for dinner (again) and of course we did. We ran to Target to get cat litter and then headed over to their place. We ate and Jesse was there too so it was nice. We left around 7:30, got gas, went home, and watched Heroes on the DVR and then made lunches, watched Mad Men, and went to bed.
I miss the weekend already!

Evelynn’s blog
I was so excited to get Evelynn’s room done. But now I want all the stuff for her crib so that I can set it up!! Her crib is just lovely. It is bigger than I remembered, but it’s so nice to have it up-it makes me want her here like YESTERDAY.
She spent the weekend kicking, punching, turning and getting upset anytime she had to share space in my body with anything. Food, Urine, Gas-she hates it all and starts punching and kicking if there is too much of it and she’s getting squished.
Friday my mom brought out a bunch of our old baby clothes and we went thru them, and that was super fun. My grandma made me a lot of clothes when I was a kid, and my mom did too! My mom also sent us home with a bunch of my totes from my teenage years that gave me a mild panic attack about having a daughter. Most of the stuff, especially the notes, went into the garbage.
Mom and Jesse tried to feel Evelynn move. Seth felt her move in a new way, he swears, because I was laying on my side, that he could feel her spine and head pressed against his hand.
We have a doctor’s appointment Wednesday afternoon. This is our last monthly appointment. Next month we start the bi monthly appointments. Hopefully I get my H1N1 shot Wednesday and this weekend I might be able to go see my Grandpa at the nursing home and visit my other Grandparents.

Oh man oh man
I am dragging here. I’m super tired. It just hit me all of the sudden. That’s what sucks about coming back to work after a weekend, especially one like this where I spent the majority of the weekend cat napping. All of the sudden I get tired and I can’t curl up on the couch with a kidten or snuggle under the duvets in bed. The weather has been super “nice” here lately and people are all jazzed and I’m like, can we get some cold and snow so I have even more reason to stay in bed? How long until the Thanksgiving holiday? Why aren’t get getting Veteran’s Day off? That just seems wrong on so many levels.

Dear Google
Hasn’t it been Sesame Street’s 40th anniversary for like two weeks now? That doesn’t make sense. And I’m getting tired of seeing Sesame Street characters on my Google logo. It makes me miss being a kid.

Fine.
Okay fine, I’m going to actually work now. But mark my words-I’m leaving on time today! Seth is supposed to come home in between work and class and I want to get a good nap in so I can be nice and pleasant when he’s home.

Love (cat napping on the weekend),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.