Monday, November 2, 2009

Silly things do cease to be silly if they are done by sensible people in an impudent way.

Hello All!
Hope you enjoyed all the picture and video and baby updates! Hope it also makes up for the fact that I totally crapped out on Friday and spent the day in bed. I was pretty sure I was having a brain aneurysm, especially when my nose started bleeding. I lived though! You lucky bugs you!

Little Evy
So I thought I should explain our little baby girls’ name, because I’m not sure if I have done that here yet. Her name will be Evelynn Ann.
“Eve” for the first woman of life,
“Lynn” for the first woman of our lives (both of our mother’s middle names are Lynn)
“Ann” for the first woman in her life, me. Ann has actually been handed down in our family like eight generations or something. So that’s the story behind her name.
It was almost a relief because over the weekend we decided we didn’t like our boy name anymore and started searching for new ones, so we would have been nameless if it had been a boy. I guess she was always destined to be a girl. Kudos to Dad who called it from DAY ONE. He’s like the magic baby whisperer or something.
Seth has already started calling her “Evy” his little Evy. And it’s the most adorable thing ever.
During the sonogram she was so crabby. She kept kicking the probe off of me. We literally have a picture of her kicking the probe. It’s pretty hilarious. As soon as I get home I will scan the pictures and hope they come up, they didn’t last time.
She’s starting to become more real to me, bit by bit.
It’s so hard to be at work because I just want to be home making everything perfect for her and resting and making sure she gets everything she needs.
The doctor said she looked great and everything was developing properly!

This weekend
Since I had a three day weekend, Friday I spent in bed and sick, literally. Seth came home and fed me and we watched some TV and I showered, but really, I just moped around about my head feeling like it was going to explode. (I can’t believe it didn’t) We finally got everything off our DVR besides the most recent numbers and Mad Men. So I’m all caught up. How GREAT was Castle the last two weeks?!!? That show just keeps getting funnier and better.
Saturday we woke up around 11 and went to get Seth’s new suit dry cleaned for the big meetings this week. Then we went over to Kohl’s to get him some nice dress shirts for it. Of course they were on sale. So we got like four. I also got uncomfortable with what I was wearing and bought a black sweat suit and it is pretty divine. I came THISCLOSE to getting Seth’s birthday/Christmas present taken care of, but then the lady broke the watch we picked out. I was pretty crabby about it. We waited forever while she called around to other stores and checked her inventory and of course they didn’t have it. And they don’t have it on the website either, so I think we might have to go cruise around the mall and look.
I talked Seth into taking me to Old Chicago to eat nachoes and they were pretty awesome.
We had about 80 trick or treaters and there were some really cute ones, and some really strange ones, like the black face Terell Owens.
Sunday we woke up earlier (Well I woke up, then nagged Seth to get up, and then I ate lunch and went back to bed) and Seth worked back and forth between painting Evie’s room and working on his project. I was really bored and pretty much slept on and off. I had an upset stomach and I was so excited for today I could hardly want to be bothered with Sunday at all. But the room is pretty much done, all that’s left is the painting of the closet doors. We got the crib out of its box and checked all the pieces and there was only one scratch so that’s good. It is such a beautiful crib, I forget sometimes. We didn’t get it assembled, maybe next week after Seth’s stress week is over. But we did get a good portion of the room placement done and I finally got that whiteboard screen out of my living room and back in the “office” portion of the room. I was going to make him get rid of it, but then I thought when Evy gets bigger she will like drawing on it and printing her pictures for everyone. So I let it stay.
Sunday night we got to bed a little late, but considering I slept all day yesterday I’m feeling pretty good.

Tonite
Tonite I have to leave work on time and go pick up Seth’s dry cleaning, they close at 5:30 so I have to get out of here around 4. I was thinking of going to the grocery store too, but I told Mom I was going to come to bowling tonite to show Dad the pictures. So that will probably wait until the next ad comes out anyway. So maybe Wednesday night.
I also have to work some overtime this week to make up for the hours I missed today and how behind I am on cart updating.

Hi-ho
Well I’d better get to work! And I’d better feed this little girl before she starts kicking!

Love (planning for a sweet little girl),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.