Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hey! Afternoon Randomness from Carrie

Things I forgot to comment on…again.

They cancelled Dollhouse, which I’m sure is a surprise to no one, not me, I tried to dump it a couple weeks ago. I’m sad for Joss Whedon. Buffy and Angel were his only series Fox ever gave him a chance on. Why does he keep going back to Fox? He needs to take his talent to a cable network.

I didn’t get an H1N1 shot, they are completely out. I’m supposed to call every Monday and Friday now to see if they have them. Lame. I have a sneaking suspicion that Seth will make me go stand in line at the Civic Center this Saturday and get one. There is a clinic in Blair today, but really don’t want to go to Blair. I’ve had an aversion to it since I moved away. Too many bad memories there of ex boyfriends and bad decisions. I feel sick to my stomach if I have to drive thru it. My mom’s friend suggested we call Douglas County and get an appointment. The other thing is, I’m not in a big hurry to get another shot. Veto, so if Seth thinks it’s that important, he can find one for me.

I’ve been getting the itch to go redhead again. Seth says no. Apparently last time I went redhead and it started to fade and then the horrible process of switching back to blond, I told Seth to shoot me if I ever say I want to go red again. I need to get into the world of wigs.

That Carrie Prejean chick is starting to get on my nerves, or at least the media giving her more attention is. The worst part is Perez Hilton, an adamant hater of her, feed the fire the most. If he really wanted to hurt her, he’d stop talking about her. Did you guys hear about her on Larry King Live last night? Jebus. Girl needs to get go away, I’m adding her to my list of celebrities that need to be shipped to an island and left there.

Apparently the surviving real life “Band of Brothers” the men who the book and amazing HBO mini series was based on are having a charity dinner in Omaha where you can meet them. Because one of them lives in Omaha, or something. Anyway I’m such a huge nerd I want to go. But tickets are 100 bucks. Trying to convince my husband to spend 200 bucks (because I can’t go alone) to meet some old soldiers I’m mildly obsessed with. (Usually in the winter, I watch the entire Band of Brother’s series at least once, and cry like a baby)

People keep stealing books from my library that I have to update. It really pisses me off more than I let on. Who steals books? The real kicker is everything that is in the library is available online and is guaranteed to be the most updated version of the procedure. But these dinosaur people refuse to go and get it from the website and instead steal my books and it drives me CRAZY.

I have a toe thumb on my right hand. It’s a thumb that looks like a toe. Everyone makes fun of it. I’ve learned to live with it. Recently, my toe thumb grew its thumb nail much faster and stronger than the rest of my nails. (the rest of my nails broke off in the last week leaving my toe thumb to look even bigger than it was) in the waiting room yesterday Seth told me it was gross. I had it in my mind that it drew less attention to the toe thumb because it made the thumb look taller. Plus it was fun to pick at things with the super long nail. Anyway point is this morning I came in and trimmed it down and now my toe thumb looks like an angry Marine from a comic strip or something. It looks like it got a crew cut. A bad crew cut. And now I can’t pick off pieces of tape on paper anymore.

I’m excited to watch Top Chef when I get home tonite because I heard it was a really good elimination challenge.

I also am excited to finish Law and Order: SVU because I started it while waiting for Seth to finish talking to his Mom and the first 15 minutes were super good. Elliot’s son goes missing. Man that kid has grown up, if you watch L&O:SVU on USA in some episodes he’s like 2.

My mom says if Sarah Palin gets elected as president she will move to Europe. Is it wrong I’m secretly hoping she does now so I can have an excuse to go to Europe and visit my parents?

We were supposed to get “special outage gifts” today and so I walked to another building to get it, and it was a freaking pen and sticker. In years past we have gotten food days, ice scrapers, gifts for our car. But no, it’s a pen. I was so excited, for a pen. Budget cutbacks indeed.

I hate wearing my rubber fingers at work because they make my hands smell like condoms. Also sometimes I forget to take it off to go the bathroom and that is a shock, let me tell you.

My husband is all into Black Friday sales this year. He is talking about getting a paper and everything. I should see what Babies R Us and the Baby Depot are doing in case I need to go get a stroller cheap or something. I don’t like Target’s strollers so I’m not going to put one on my registry.

I keep forgetting to get stamps and its totally pissing me off.

I think tonite I’m going to have French fries and asparagus with my Grey’s.

Oh look! Lunch time!! I’m off to eat lasagna.

Love (food),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. I get updates from blackfriday.info so I can see in advance if there's anything worth getting. I know, I'm a nerd, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is extremely wrong! Imagine what you'd be sacrificing, just for a trip to Europe. And besides, you'd have to buy the tickets yourself, no more free dependent flights, all you'd have is a place to crash. My parents still live there, crash with them, just stop secretly wishing, for the sake of America!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.