Friday, November 6, 2009

You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself.

Look I’m back! You are so excited aren’t you?

TV
I’ve actually even watched some tv, when my head stopped feeling like it was cracking in two. I watched Grey’s, which I thought was great and it actually made me like Arizona a whole lot more and respect her a whole lot more. Also my favorite scene of the whole night was the one with the three couples (Callie and Arizona, Christina and Own, and Lexie and Mark) all in Callie and Christina’s apartment and Callie was making everyone special breakfast’s. It was super sweet. Great episode, all though what is it with all my TV shows trying to freak me out with the whole baby thing?
I also watched Law and Order SVU which was really good. How I Met Your Mother, which was, as usual, hilarious. And last but not least, we watched the season finale of Destination Truth, which is seriously like one of my favorite guilty pleasures. I just want to listen to Josh Gates travel the world and make hilarious pop culture references.

Evelynn’s Blog
Evelynn’s registry is coming along at Target. (if you get bored, you can find it here: http://www.target.com/registry/baby/35OHNZ9HMW7UT ) Last night Kathy told me she was jealous of my daughter’s room. I thought that was sweet. Many thanks to Melissa and L’ara who have been helping me put it together. I was seriously overwhelmed by it all, and I’m so blessed to have people in my life to guide me. Although they keyed me into the “exploding baby” factor, where your cute baby can just randomly vomit or crap all over everything and nothing can hold it in, and that scares me. In fact, I hope that only happens when Seth is holding the baby.
Evie has been practicing her dance moves with her sweet little dancer legs. She must really like the bass in Chet’s voice because EVERY TIME he spoke yesterday (he was over for math help and advice on changing his degree) she went bananas. It was crazy. We were trying to get thru the grocery store and I kept having to stop because she was knocking the wind out of me. It was pretty cool. Also, for the first time ever, I sat downstairs to watch TV and the kidtens came down and surrounded her in this little cocoon of purrs which she LOVED. Bagheera was on the left and top side of my belly and Willow was on the right and bottom of my belly. It was strange because usually I have to hold one of them down to get them to sit with me downstairs.
Besides the headaches and drainage which I think are totally sinus related since the weather here has turned freakishly warm and nice (like 70’s), we’ve been doing pretty good. We get a little run down in the afternoons and late evenings and usually do okay if we just spend an hour or two on our backs in bed.
I wonder at what point I have to stop laying on my back. Don’t I have to stop doing that?
But anyway…that’s all that’s really going on in Evie’s world.

This weekend
I’ve expanded our nacho football party to include two more couples. Pam and Jason and Kathy and Dan. I don’t know if they are actually going to come, I invited them. Plus I stipulated they might have to bring extra nacho supplies so I’m not sure if they are actually going to come. I hope they do though, because it would be fun. Other than that I was going to try to get up the gumption to come to work, but we all know how that goes. I should stop trying to stress myself out and just do what I can and take advantage of rest when I can.
Seth said he would put together Evelynn’s crib this weekend, which is exciting, even if she won’t be in it for a while. Hopefully once we get that put back together we can get the rest of the room straightened out and get my computer back up and running. Ideally I’d like this all done before Saturday so I can show off her room, but if I really think that is going to happen, I should probably put the crack pipe down before I write my blog.
I’ve been trying to convince Seth to wake up early and sneak out to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and get me a glazed with chocolate one day this weekend, but I’m sure he won’t remember my request. See I’ve never had a Krispy Kreme, and I’m pretty sure now is the time to do it. How lovely does that seem?

I just want to bang on the drum all day
Alright friends, I have to act like I work here. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Love (kidtens who purr),
Carie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.