Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Reality is nothing but a collective hunch.

Happy Veteran’s Day everyone! A big huge thank you to all of our Vet’s. I am truly blessed to have many Vet’s in my life, most importantly, my mother. I still think it’s criminal and rude that we don’t get this day of to honor and celebrate the sacrifices they make.

Doctor’s Appointment!
We have a doctor’s appointment today. I get to ask why my head explodes and my nose bleeds every other morning and then they will tell me its allergies. I also get to hear Evelynn’s heart beat-which is the best of all. The not fun part is peeing or “voiding” in a cup and getting weighed. I don’t mind gaining weight, but I mind the nurse and doctor’s judgey reaction to how much I have gained. Jerks. Seth says I’m imagining things. Whatever.
After the doctor’s appointment we have to go to the grocery store. Seth has today off of school because of Veteran’s day. I’m pretty excited about that. Partly because AGAIN last night Chet was over for homework help and hogged him all night. But also because it’s trash day and there is a TON of trash to drag to the curb, including Evelynn’s crib box, so I’m glad he will be home for that.

Last night
Last night like I said, Chet was over, so I basically hung out by myself. Willow escaped into the neighbor’s yard by clean jumping the fence and lost her collar so she’s not going out again for a while. She came right back when I called her and went hot tailed into the house because she knew she was in BIG TROUBLE. No one felt like cooking so Seth let me go get Jimmy John’s and fries from Runza. I messed up my sandwich because I NEVER go to Jimmy John’s, Seth always does it. So I pouted about that. I watched SYTYCD and here are my reactions:
Nathan & Mollee - Salsa – Terrible, they should be voted off, but probably won’t be because they have a huge fan base, if they were still letting they judges vote I bet Mollee for sure would be gone.
Ryan & Ellenore - Krump – Also terrible, I couldn’t even watch the whole thing. I fast forwarded. I don’t know if the outfits helped either. It made me sad because I love Ellenore.
Victor & Channing - Contemporary – I didn’t really like this either, something about Channing rubs me the wrong way. And her dress didn’t fit up top.
Peter & Pauline - Quickstep – I thought this was pretty good. I like Peter more than I liked Pauline. It kept me interested.
Russell & Noelle - Afro Jazz – Really good, but then, you know I love Russell
Kevin & Karen - Hustle – It was okay, I hate when they draw disco or hustle because it always seems so cheesy
Jakob & Ashleigh - Jazz – Really good, I really liked this one.
Legacy & Kathryn - Broadway – I liked Legacy a lot, but I agreed with the judges, Kathryn was kind of hard to watch.
After I watched that I came upstairs and helped Seth pay some bills online (including my hospital bill for the last blood test we had) and then got in the bath and went to bed. I was so excited to be going to bed early. Seth was all about it too. We are getting so old. Either that or we know the end of sleeping is coming.
Speaking of Evelynn Ann
Last night for the first time, I was wholly uncomfortable. And I noticed in the mirror, while getting into the bath, just how pregnant I’ve become. She is moving higher and higher and last night she was really testing her boundaries, pushing on the bottom of my lungs it felt like. I felt very round and huge. I’m pretty sure I waddled too. And my indigestion was a freaking nightmare. For some reason the only thing that helped was pressing my heating pad underneath my boobs. Then my heating pad died. Seth tried to fix it but I think I’m just going to have to suck it up and get a new one. She seems to understand that I’m a chronic worrier though, because every time I have a little panic in my head like, “is she okay in there?” she gives me a little movement and reassures me. Look she is already helping deal with her Mommy’s crazy.

Fairly Odd Mother
I just saw that as a comment on someone’s blog as their name and I want to steal it. Best Mommy name ever. It could be because I love the cartoon “Fairly Odd Parents”.

Speaking of cartoons
Do you remember the cartoon Doug? Or Rugrats? I can still sing the theme songs to those cartoons. They need a nick at night for old cartoons so I can watch them with my daughter. The new cartoons scare me. Especially the anime ones.

Last birthday
This year will be my last birthday as a not mommy. We are celebrating it with my family the day we celebrate Thanksgiving. We usually celebrate it with Seth’s family the day before we do Thanksgiving since we usually spend the night up there for that. I get a special cake and it is fantastic. Last year my DAD made me a birthday cake, which is pretty huge since I think it’s like the second time ever my Dad has made a cake. And he frosted it. And it was delicious.
I have no idea what anyone is getting me for my birthday or Christmas this year. I’ve requested some of the TV on DVD Seth wouldn’t let me buy like Heroes and Grey’s Anatomy, but I swear I put about 1000 DVD’s on my birthday/Christmas list ever year and the only person who gets me them are Pam and Jason because they understand deep down how ESTATIC it makes me to round out my TV on DVD collection. I’m hoping Seth’s family will get the hint as this is the fourth year I’ve had a list made up almost entirely of TV on DVD. I also figure this is the last year I will really get gifts of any substance. Next year all of people’s attention and gift giving majority will go to my daughter, which I’m totally fine with. I have NO idea what Seth is getting me. I thought he would let me go run wild at Books a million since I’ve been complaining that my stack of books is grossly depleted. But he seems to have something up his sleeve so I don’t know…
I complained earlier about how I didn’t want my last holiday season to be gifts for the baby, but since I’ve registered for her, I’ve changed my mind. I want to finish her room and sit in there and rock in her new chair and think about what it will be like when she’s here. Right now I have a empty crib which is kind of depressing.

What I’m reading
My mom just gave me this book to read, it is pretty good but a little wordy and quotes a lot of other books. A Year in the World: Journeys of A Passionate Traveller by Frances Mayes
I’ve also been reading some old Vanity Fairs that someone at work gave me, and I have to say, if I was going to get any magazine subscription these days, besides my Parenting magazines, I would totally get Vanity Fair. The articles are so well written and most of the magazine are these big articles that are really informative. Last week I read all about the terrorist attack on the Taj in India, which I knew nothing about. This was like their 9/11 and I was clueless about it.

Okay on with the show
I’m off to work! I’ll be back tomorrow with tales about the inappropriate things I said to my doctor and freaked her out with. Hopefully they will give me an H1N1 shot, otherwise I have a sneaking suspicion that Seth will make me stand in line at the Civic center all day Saturday to get one. Boo.
Have a great day all!

Love (hearing Evelynn’s little heartbeat),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.