Thursday, February 5, 2009

How much longer until the weekend?

Happy Thursday everyone!
For those of you still watching Grey’s, tonite’s episode will cross over into Private Practice (the show on after Grey’s) so be sure to DVR that full hour too. If you’re like us, you have to do a LOT of maneuvering to get that taped, Thursday is the worst night for us to tape. We have Ugly Betty, Bones, My Name is Earl, ER, Grey’s, Burn Notice, and one other one I can never remember.
Update on the Abstention From Eating Out- It’s going okay. I’m so sick of eating leftovers! I usually cook something great on the weekends and then eat it the rest of the week because I know that I’m going to be too tired to cook a full meal when I get home. Plus it makes shopping a lot easier. But about this time, I need a change. If I have to eat one more cheese enchi-I might explode. Seth is back to being my portion control because I was eating METRIC TONS of enchi’s just to get rid of them. I want to eat out so bad though that I almost break down three times a night. Usually when Seth is on his way home and could stop by Jimmy Johns or Taco Bell. Mmmm Cheesy Gordita Cruches…*sniff* I MISS YOU!! *wipes away tears and drool*
Luckily though! I get one free pass for Valentine’s Day! And DOUBLE LUCKY-we got a coupon in the mail for La Mesa’s Mexican Restaurant because they just opened a new location on 156th and Q (right by us!) and because they were voted Best Mexican in Omaha again, so its ½ priced entrée! So that’s what we are going to go and eat for Valentine’s day. Except we are going on Friday the 13th so that we beat the rush. And then for Valentine’s Day I’m going to spend the day in bed and the bath after I go to BOOKS A MILLION (my new favorite bookstore on L street, because they carry old library books!! For CHEAP! WRAPPED IN PLASTIC SO I CAN READ THEM IN THE TUB!) because that is my gift from Seth and I am so very very excited about it. I’ve been stalking their website trying to decide what bargain books to get. And then Sunday, I’m going to take Italian cooking lessons from our family friend Bob. Seth might try and go golfing with Dad (and Dan if Kathy join’s us for the lesson) if the weather holds up. So very excited! Bob is going to teach us (Mom and me and maybe Kathy) how to make Ricotta, Ravioli, and Calzone’s from SCRATCH.
I know you all are going to fall over dead when I say this, but I’m ready for it to start warming up. Only because I’m SICK of paying out of this world utility bills. Also I would like to be able to start going for bike rides again while Seth runs. And I wouldn’t mind starting to wear short sleeves again and to see a thunderstorm. What I am NOT ready for is BLINDING SUN on my drive to and from work and when I’m trying to sleep in on Saturday’s. So there I said it. Bring on Spring!
Also I’m VERY excited to start growing our garden this year, since we have a nice little one in the backyard. I just looked at seeds the other night at Target. For sure I know I want to grow herbs (as many as I can, my pipe dream is to dry them this fall), cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, corn, tomatoes, snap peas, a pumpkin and a watermelon. And I think we will try peppers again this year because we were actually successful last year! Even my Dad was impressed!
Last night, Mean Ole’ Bagheera was a cuddle MONSTER. I’m afraid I’m going to go home and he’s going to be dead in the middle of my living room floor. I was reading “Sepulchre” by Kate Mosse (I linked it for you in case you are interested!) and Bags hopped up, put his stinky butt right in my face, and started purring like a motor boat. Seth and I both just looked at each other like, what is going on? Am I dying? He promptly wedged himself in between me and my book, flicked his naughty tail right where I was reading and demanded to be loved. It was VERY odd. Seth says this morning he would not leave him alone, he wanted all of his attention. Maybe I’ll buy a lotto ticket since we seem to be having a run of luck.
Speaking of books, last night I finished “The True and Outstanding Adventures of the Hunt Sisters: A Novel” by Elisabeth Robinson (I linked again for you). It was an okay book, a fun bathtub read. The story was kind of sad and random, but the writing was funny. What drew me to it was it is all letters the author writes to people. If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know!
My new bathtub book is going to be “The Miss America Family” by Julianna Baggott. So I’ll let you know how that goes.
A couple days ago I finished “The Russian Concubine” by Kate Furnivall and it was a really good book, but I have yet to figure out what the title means, because as far as I an tell, no one was a concubine. The mom was kind of a whore…there were only two main women in the book, and neither would be what I would describe as a concubine. If you want to borrow it and let me know what the heck the title means, please do!
Well that is about all that is exciting from Carrie Central.
Hope you all are having a great day!

Love (like an awkward sibling),
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. my goal as well this year is to begin growing fresh herbs. the vegetable garden will have to wait until after our wedding in april 2010 because i am growing ALL of the wheatgrass for the centerpieces...so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! How exciting! What a lucky man! Let me know how your herb garden does, are you planting it in it's own containers are in like the ground in a garden? I'm torn...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.