Friday, February 20, 2009

Listening, not imitation, may be the sincerest form of flattery.

Happy Friday everyone!
I hope it’s a happy Friday for you! And you have a great weekend ahead planned!
So I lied-today is not my 6 month wedding anniversary-there were numbers involved people, I got flustered, it is actually my 5 month a versary. But we are still going to celebrate. I’m currently trying to find something fantastic to cook for dinner. I know I want asparagus, and a fantastic potato dish. Also I want to use my new immersion blender to make a great soup. Maybe cheesy cauliflower? And to cap it off I am going to make cinnamon rolls with a disgusting amount frosting.
Also this week Seth will be dining on pulled pork a la this recipie from my favorite cooking blog: http://ashleescooking.blogspot.com/2009/02/pulled-pork-and-lowfat-no-mayo-coleslaw.html
But the BIG thing this weekend will be the arrival of the NEW TV!! Hooray!! And also the painting-but yesterday I quit the painting team, but I think I might come back tonite after I get the cooking out of my system.
Today is Dad’s surgery, in fact it could be happening now, I’m not sure, but either way I’m in a very quiet place right now radiating happy thoughts.
I ordered more pictures last night (thanks “X number of free digital prints” w ebsites!) for my cube, and it took forever to decided what I wanted, we have TONS of pictures. Like an obscene amount. I need to get the digital photo frame Cody got me for Christmas set up, or at least I need to get Seth to do it.
I’m secretly planning that trip to Vegas in my head. So far my bridesmaids are there and their husbands, except their husbands do boring things like gamble and watch sports and hang out and we do fun things like go dancing and party it up and try to figure out if wearing the cute high heels that match our dresses and WALKING (because you walk everywhere in Vegas-its just what you do) and DANCING all night in them is a good idea. In my head it is a VERY fun trip where there are lots of magical moments pictures that we always look back on fondly and smile. I secretly think it is because I’m rapidly approaching 30. YIKES. Let’s not talk about that, let’s talk about other things like Grey’s last night.
It was pretty good. I thoroughly enjoyed it myself. That fight scene was pretty great and I am still fawning over Own Hunt. The writer’s blog today had me up in arms because they threw out all these stupid teasers about Meredith and Derek and Izzie and Bailey, but I’m ignoring them. Did anyone else watch?
I officially closed the door on “Trust Me” this week. I just couldn’t get into it. The characters were terrible and not easy to like and the pacing was TOO SLOW, the storyline wasn’t developing at all. And I kept comparing it to “Mad Men” in my head. Dude when is THAT show coming back? What a great show. I should see how much they are on DVD…anyway so “Trust Me” is out, but “Lie to Me” is still in. That show is getting better and better. I love learning about all the microemotions that people have. And I spend a lot of time now staring directly at people when they talk. Yay TV where you learn things!
Speaking of TV-I’m obsessed with watching the house hunting shows on HGTV, like House Hunters and Property Virgins. And I don’t know WHY I watch them, because I usually HATE the people buying the house because they are OH SO STUPID and think things like the color of the paint is a reason NOT to buy a house. Or the dude who is trying to act like he knows stuff and in EVERY ROOM has to ask the Realtor what said cabinet, floor, beam, door, or tile is made out of. And as if to cement his awesomeness he has to throw in a suggestion of what it COULD be which is usually WAY off base, like “Gary, what kind of cabinetry is this? Is it fruitwood?” and Gary’s like “Uh no, that is MDF, but it’s so realistic it COULD be fruitwood, couldn’t it??” And usually Gary is using the most car salesmen like approach to selling a house. Maybe we just had a bad agent or something but our sales lady could have given a flying hoot if we cared about the house or not, she was just there to unlock the door. In retrospect, our sales lady sucked. When we buy again, we won’t be going back to her. I’m going to like NP Dodge or something where they are JACKALS. But anyway the guy last night, they were in Hawaii-first off was flamboyantly gay-which I’m fine with, but he kept using inappropriate words to describe things in the house. Like he kept saying “Isn’t this bathroom delicious you all? It’s just DELISH!” Ick-can you tell me what exactly in a bathroom is delicious? I don’t normally find myself in a bathroom wanting to EAT anything.
The ones I hate most of all though are the people who are buying retirement/vacation homes in other countries like Mexico or Jamaica or something. I hate those people, mostly out of jealousy. I want to have a summer home on the beach. Also, the furniture is always included in these homes, which I’m not sure I’m okay with. I know people who get drunk and pee on their couches. How many rich dudes passed out on that couch and peed? No thanks, you can take your pee couch with you. The furniture is mostly old balls anyway. It probably smells like old people and salt. But they have these beautiful open concept houses with like 3000 square feet and when they do the “Three Months Later” part of the show, they are like eating fresh fruit and veggies they got from the market down the street and drinking fantastic drinks and they look younger and happier and I hate them for it, purely out of jealousy. It’s plain as day green jealousy for sure and I’m not ashamed to admit it. I’m secretly starting a campaign to make my parents want to get a summer house in Mexico so that I can come visit and pretend I live that life.
My FAVORITE one of these was this couple from Oklahoma who built houses and decided to move to Nicaragua forever. So they start the interview and they keep pronouncing it NIGGER-agua. Over and over. It is almost like the producers are rubbing it in your face that not only do you not have this kind of money, but they have SO much money they can offensively pronounce the name of the country and get away with it. Because the real estate agent is just like 10% commission on a million dollar house? Lips Zipped. I couldn’t believe it, but THEN, but THEN the old guy starts ribbing the lady about how it was SUCH a big house she wouldn’t be able to clean it and she goes-I kid you not- “Well I’ll just get one of them NIGGER-auguans to clean it for me, they are cheap out here”. And then I fell over and died. My brain exploded I could not take it. Seth and I were like did she SERIOUSLY just say that!?!? House Hunters! *sigh* I love you. I could spend DAYS telling you about the House Hunters that was in FRANCE…
Alright I’ve rambled enough for today. I hope you all have a super fantastic weekend and lots of good things happen for you.
Thanks to everyone for keeping my Pops in your thoughts and prayers.
Love (my life),
Carrie

5 comments:

  1. Haha your blog is so funny. I love house hunters too, did you catcht the one where a chinese guys mom was buying him a house but everything had to be a feng-shui. It was pretty good. I haven't been watching Greys, the writers strike really screwed me up last season. My fiance downloaded all of season 4 so I have to play catch up. I wish they would bring back October Road and Big Shots. The actors in Big Shots were so dreamy that was enough reason to keep it around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that one yet, but my house hunters are pretty backed up on the DVR, same with my Property Virgins.

    I'm glad you like the blog! How did you find me? Do we have a mutual friend? What dealership do you work for? I used to work for Woodhouse and Sid Dillon's. I hated when people messed with my files!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also am/was addicted to House Hunters and Property Virgins. I hate it when they say how much money they were approved for and how much they have saved. Seriously, it's ridiculous. And I totally saw the Hawaii one where the rooms were "delicious". But now that I actually have a house, I'm more into Design on a Dime and other decorating shows. And if you move again, I would definitely recommend the realtor I used to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard you moved to a new house! What company is your realtor with? We would need someone who could help us sell and buy houses...

    ReplyDelete
  5. CBS Home. She could do both of those things! You should see some of the ones she has on the market now...holy cow!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.