Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I overshare, because I care.

Hello to all!
I am infinitely bored today, so I imagine I will be doing a lot of blogging or a very long blog, if I could come up with a topic…
First off, I think I will talk about some things I’m trying to find the answers to:
We are currently taking the 7500 tax credit for first time homebuyers, but I just learned that the new stimulus act makes it so that people who claim the credit this year in 2009, will not have to repay back the now increased 8000. So what about those of us who took the 7500? Do we have to pay it back? Any answers from you out there would be most appreciated as I can’t seem to find a straight one.
Also did you hear about this? Kansas can’t pay its government workers or state income tax refunds! http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/stories/2009/02/16/daily11.html
I guess I don’t have anything to complain about this week! At least we are getting our income tax return, right?
Someone actually said to me today- "Did you get dressed still asleep?" Which made me mad because I actually put thought into this outfit, but obviously not enough because now I'm all uncomfortable and self conscious. I am wearing a maroon shirt, grey sweater, black tanktop underneath the maroon shirt, jeans, and my new black riding boots. I think the boots are what are throwing me off. People hear are think they are biker boots...anyway, here's hoping the day goes fast so I can go home and change. I knew I should have kept a change of clothes in my car!
Okay so I’m running out of topics…I think I’m going to have to throw to my analysis of how Walt Disney hates women.
Thesis: Walt Disney hates women. Look at the cast of villains that he has put in his movies. He has overblown their minor character flaws or typical female desires and turned them into awful life ruining women.
Here is the cast of female villains in Disney animated movies:

Cruella de Vil-101 Dalmatians
Maleficent-Sleeping Beauty
Ursula-The Little Mermaid
The Wicked Queen-Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Yzma- The Emperor’s New Groove
Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters- Cinderella
Madame Medusa- The Rescuers
Queen of Hearts – Alice in Wonderland
Mad Madame Mim – Sword in the Stone
Aunt Sarah- Lady and the Tramp

So be excited because in future blog posts, if I get the whim, I will write about how I feel these woman are just being…well…villianized for their minor desires or attempts to better themselves.
Don’t get me wrong, I love Disney movies, I own a whole DVD case of them, I used to work in a high-end Disney store, and if it wasn’t for the owner, would probably still be working there.
So hopefully I get time to write on those topics, if I forget, just call me out on it!
I hope you all are having a good day, I’m sure I’ll be back later!
Love (of Disney),Carrie

5 comments:

  1. i could be wrong on this particular situation, but my understanding is that anytime you take a stimulus from the government, you have to pay taxes on that money the following year. i only found this out this year when i saw that jeremy input my stimulus check amount on my tax form this year, and i begged to know why. he said it's because i have to pay taxes on it because it's considered a "gift". really? how sweet, government, that you should give me something i ultimately have to pay you back for. definitively, i think they may be using the wrong term, and should probably name it "gift with penalties" or "a trick". that's what i'm saying.

    jenifriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricky government! *fist shake*
    They way it looks, after much research, unless they change the law, we have to pay it back, but the people who apply for it next year don't and they get an extra 500 bucks. No FAIR!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you work at the store in Westroads??? I loved that place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did, the Enchanted Castle-it's an Abercrombie and Fitch now, kind of freaks me out considering I spent about 2 years of my life there. It was a great place, minus the management! Where else can you get paid to watch Disney movies all day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just catching up on the blog, so I'm a little late, but Carrie you're right. If you bought your house in 08 its 7500 and you have to pay it back. But you won't get taxed on it next year as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.