Monday, February 23, 2009

The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.

Welcome to Monday everyone.
My Dad’s surgery went really well, thank you everyone for all your good juju in his general direction. Hopefully he will have a quick recovery! Surgery in your abdomen is one of the worst because you don’t realize how much you use it! (or at least so I hear, I’ve only every had surgery on my face…)
We had a pretty productive weekend. It was REALLY busy. Because I’m lazy I’m just going to cut and paste from my morning emails to people of exactly HOW busy we were this weekend:
Friday I had to go see my Dad in the hospital. It was the worst thing ever. Those beds are so big and he looked so small. I fell apart when we left. Dad’s are supposed to be indestructible! It made me feel really old, like I should have been grown up and be able to handle it but it was like I wanted him to get out of bed and take care of me and my sadness for him. He did a good job though, he kept telling me not to worry-he knows me too well! I decided I hate everything about hospitals, but especially the smell. I know that’s cliché but it does smell so uncomfortable. They worked really hard to make that place all shiny and not hospitalish-can’t they do something about the SMELL?? Get some glade plug-in’s or something, I’m sure the aromatherapy would help patients
.
Saturday we woke up early and started rushing around the house to get things ready for accent wall painting and the arrival of the new TV! Mom called on her way home from the hospital with dad-he wanted tomato soup from scratch, and my brother is usually the guy who makes that, but my brother was to busy being in his friends movie that day so I volunteered to do it. And since we were going to be over on 72nd street anyway, I also stopped to pick up the painting stuff from Jesse so he wouldn’t have to drive it across town. We waited in the WORLD'S LONGEST LINE to pick up or TV (which is so nice!!), so on our way home we had to stop and get all the stuff for soup and get the painting stuff from Jesse. Jesse gave me a new DVD case for my movies to match the one Seth’s parents got me for Christmas and I was so EXCITED. It was like a little secret gift that you didn’t know you were going to get that makes your day. Like when my mom picks me up a bubble bath when she gets some from Bath and Body Works, she probably doesn’t know how much that makes my day when she decides to do it.
Anyway, I made the soup and cinnamon rolls. While we were waiting for that we painted the red wall and then went to have dinner with Dad. Seth sat with him while I took my mom over to Kohl's to get him comfy sleep pants and get him some Advil. We had dinner and left around 9. We put another coat of red on the wall and then went to bed pretty much.
Sunday Seth let me sleep in and we taped off and painted the brown walls (which I LOVE, they look like giant candy bars in my living room).. I completely forgot we told Cheeto and Whit we would celebrate their birthdays with them on Sunday. Oops. So they called at 5 and wondered what we were going to do. And I was like, oh WORST FRIEND EVER, in my defense though, I gave them their presents last week, so it completely slipped my mind that their birthdays were this week. We ended up having them over for pizza and watching a movie. It was fun. When the boys went to get the pizza Whit and I just caught up and it was nice to do girl talk this weekend.
I also did laundry, made a chowder of cauliflower, potato, corn and cheese soup-its strange and missing something but it's a good filler soup. And I made Seth pulled BBQ pork this week for dinner.
The kittens were alternately lovely and awful when it came to painting. We had one incident in the red paint (Willow) and one incident with the drop clothes (Bagheera/Willow, we don't know who the culprit was). When they were getting too close or gave a wet paint wall some love they got locked in the spare room where they SCREAMED and HOWLED and CRIED until they fell asleep or we let them out. Bags did NOT like being locked in the spare room and was a HOPELESS cuddle monster when we let him out, like were were locking him in a gulaug or something and he was just SO thankful he was out, he loved on us in hopes we wouldn't send him back. The cutest part was when Seth was sitting on the stairs painstakingly painting and trying not to get paint on the carpet and Bagheera climbed right into his lap because he thought Seth was sitting on the floor for cuddles. I have pictures, one day I might remember to post them.
My DVR is screaming under the weight of all the shows I didn't watch this weekend.
We have a lot ahead this week. We have to tape off all the walls for when we have people over to paint, Seth has to pull all the trim off those walls. He is trying to sand the trim as he goes, so that then when we get another free weekend we can just stain until we are blue in the face (or pass out from fumes). There is a TON of stuff on the DVR, even though I did wake up early to watch a lot of it. And I’m getting my hair done this weekend, which is very exciting.
Well that’s all from Hellbusch central!Hope you all have had a pleasant start to you week!
Love, (my new chocolate walls)
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Do you tape shows in HD to your DVR? I do, and it really stinks because they take up more room. Stupid HD TV. It's very stressful to keep up with the DVR so there's always room for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, I love HD, I love to see that they are real people too. I called Cox to ask them when they are going to upgrade ths storage space on their DVR's because compared to TIVO's and other companies boxes, our size is ridicoulus. Especially since they have so many HD channels now...
    I literally have panic attacks about how much is on my DVR-seriously, I've compemplated having Seth and I stay home from work to watch our DVR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And did Cox say anything about upgrading the storage space? It is ridiculous. One of my coworkers has like 200 hours of space in HD through her satellite. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.