Monday, February 2, 2009

A blog about feeling old, then young, then speechless...

Boo Monday. I feel like this weekend just flew by. I blame part of that on the fact that instead of staying up until 2 or 3 like we usually do on Friday/Saturday, we went to bed around midnight. We are getting O-L-D, old.
The weekend of LOVE was lovely to say the very least. Seth surprised me by taking me to the movies! We went to that new special theater with the DLP screens in town. We saw Underworld and it wasn’t bad! It’s going to be cool to see Transformers there. Or one of the eight movies I think I need to see now thanks to the Stupid Bowl commercials. It wasn’t too badly priced either since we went to the matinee on Saturday. I even got popcorn and sprite and we got a bunch of dollar candy from Walmart before we went (a trick I learned from Pam!) So we were set! I was a little disappointed the movie wasn’t longer, but I’m proud to say my “gotta go” syndrome did not effect me during the movie. For the first time in a long time I didn’t miss part of a movie, but I think that’s because it was shorter.

If I was feeling old about going to bed early, the Stupid Bowl halftime show made me feel young again. I knew ONE of those songs and I spent the whole 12 minutes varying between “What is this?” and “EW.” In my opinion (humbly) the only boys from Jersey that can rock are BON JOVI. That other guy is just air to me. I think the Stupid Bowl would really try to appeal to a younger audience with the halftime show, considering that younger audience is who most of the ads are trying to appeal to. I read an article that most of the ads during the Stupid Bowl are skewed to the 20-30 range, seeing as who they are the people who have the most disposable income in America today. (really? Who are these people and how do I join their throw away money club??) But anyway, I think they would have done much better with a more relevant halftime show, like they USED to do with Nelly, Justin Timberlake, Britney, back when they let MTV do it. Really should we let one half boob ruin the halftime show forever for everyone?

I heard on the radio on the way in this morning that the woman who had eight kids has six at home and she’s a single mom, without a job, who lives with her parents. I don’t even have WORDS for that. And who is this DOCTOR? No wonder she tried to remain anonymous, she knows she’s crazy! It is so sad that there are people today who want kids and can support them and give them individual attention and this doctor wasted his skills on a lady with SIX already and no job. Where do we regulate this? Wouldn’t that be weird if she gave them away, like she was a baby farm or something? Also the radio DJ’s brought up a good point, it used to be they would implant eight embryo’s and you were lucky if ONE took. They science has become more advanced that people are having to make a hard decision if they want to abort once all eight have taken. Also I heard that the most kids had naturally on record is 4. Fun fact there.
Well I actually have work away from my desk today, so I’d better close out. Here’s hoping this week goes by faster than last weekend!!!
Have a great day everyone!
Carrie

1 comment:

  1. I second those halftime entertainment thoughts. I was sitting there watching and actually said to the others that I would rather see Aerosmith and Britney and Justin and a boob than this halftime show!

    And who in their right mind would even WANT more kids after already having 6 and being a single parent?! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.