Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend! <3

What a nice weekend I had this past weekend!
Friday I left work early because of the horrendous snow situation, but embarrassingly, the snow practically stopped as soon as I got home. So I got my fair share of ribbing today at work for jumping the shark on going home. When Seth FINALLY got home on Friday (of course he didn’t leave early, even though I was at home!) we ran a bevy of errands that were backlogged from this week.
First we went to Kohl’s and picked up my fancy new griddle pan to match my set. I was pretty excited about it. Then we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart (aka the fifth rung of hell) to look and price televisions. We found a couple and were attacked by a salesman who tried to sweat us out by turning up the heat at NFM to about 100. Then he wouldn’t tell Seth what the contrast ratio was on a tv because it is a “made up number with no standards”. I had to rush Seth out of there before the guy got a talking to…salesmen should really pole their audience before they lie to them or try and make up their own facts and statistics. After that we went to Books-a million! I was SO excited. Seth just held stacks and stacks of books while I sifted thru the clearance aisle. About 45 minutes in, after he hadn’t told me I hit my dollar limit, I started to get worried he was going to make me cut down the stack after I had been thru everything. So we did the I’m done, no I’m not done song and dance and finally I decided I was done and he didn’t make me cut any! I got 10 books-the sales clerk made fun of me, she couldn’t believe they were all for one person. I was so happy! They are now lovingly stacked where I want my future bookshelf to be along my banister railing. After BAM we went to Home Depot to look at paint. We found colors we liked and grabbed the swatches to look at them when we got home on the walls. Then we headed to La Mesa for one of the BEST dinners we have had in a while (this could be because we haven’t eaten out in forever). Then we went home and watched some TV and played with the kittens.
Saturday I woke up early and finished up some of my stuff on the DVR, when Seth woke up he researched TV’s and we cleaned the house. About 1 we learned Cody was going to come down to play video games with Seth. We hurried to run our errands. We went to NFM to see if they would price match Seth’s research and they did! We got a really nice tv that we can pick up Saturday (of course they were out of stock!). On our way home we decided to stop and look at Menards for the mounting bracket because they were having one of those sales where you get 15% off anything you stuff into one of their green bags. We ended up getting our accent wall paint from there too because it was such a good price! We returned home triumphant.
Then Cody came and I made pizza and French fries for us and we watched “The Soup” (LOVE Joel McHale). Then I went upstairs and took a long bath where I read my books in luxury. After that I checked on the boys and realized they could give a hoot what I was doing so I went upstairs to read my books in bed and fell asleep super early.
Which was good because I ended up having an exhausting day on Sunday.
Which I will have to tell you about tomorrow, or at least the cooking part because I have TONS of pictures for that and it’s a blog post in itself, needless to say it was GREAT and I learned so much!
After a great dinner, we headed over to Old Chicago to catch up with our old friend Melissa and her adorable daughter. Seth even held her and it was the first time I had ever seen him old a baby. It was so cute! Whitney was there and we made plans for them to stop by and pick up our old TV this week sometime. Then we headed home (phew!) where we crashed landed. Watched Friday Night Lights (LOVE this show-everyone should be watching it) and Seth finished up the taxes.
So all and all a pretty great weekend!!
How was everyone else’s?
Look forward to my blog post about my cooking lesson with Chef “Gordon” Bob as soon as I get the pictures!
Love (of fantastic weekends),Carrie

2 comments:

  1. So how great is this bookstore? I mean, do you get good deals on the clearance rack or are all of the prices good? Is it used books or new? I've never been there before but it sounds like a place I would spend too much money in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty darn great. Here's why-they have recycled library books for like 2-3 dollars. I think that is the GREATEST thing in the world because not only are you getting books with dust covers and wrapped in plastic, you get to save books from what I can only imagine is a horrible death once they are outcasted from the library.
    And I actually got the 10 books for about 40 bucks, and they are good books. Do what I do, bring your boy and he can carry your massive stacks and tell you when you hit your dollar limit. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.