Thursday, February 26, 2009

No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately.

This week will not end people. I woke up happy it was Thursday because it kind of snuck up on me, but now this day is feeling incredulously long. Arg.
Many thanks to Karie who helped me figure out the Howie Day concert on 98.5. I hope I get to get in because it’s free Qudoba, but it’s only for like 50 people, and I’m sure they won’t let me bring Seth. Did I mention Qudoba? I used to eat that with Annie at TEKsystems all the time, and I’m feeling serious withdrawls. Mmmm…Howie Day and 4 cheese nachos. I’m digging it.
Basically I’ll eat black beans and cheese on anything. Heck I’ll eat pinto beans and cheese on anything. I’m pro bean.
And now I’m rambling. It’s been a while since we’ve had a list here at Carrie-on Baggage. Let’s do that. Yay!

Things I’m excited for this weekend:

Sleeping in
Getting the house painting finished (minus the hallway and possibly entryway, it depends how many people show up)
Seth taking a day off on Friday (although this is iffy now because he his having an uber bad day at work…)
Getting my hair done!! I have no idea what I’m going to do, but that is usually how it goes, I totally freeball it, I just hope I get a good cool hip hair college student who doesn’t look like she’s about to have a baby or is going to stab me with the scissors. *a digression* I started going to hair colleges about a bajillon years ago and I love mine here in town (I have horror stories about other out of town ones I have been to-like the time I got a spiral perm with hair down to my butt and it took 3 girls and about 8 hours). I like the young innovative kids who if you tell them, I need something new-they don’t give you the Rachel with bangs or just give you layers. I like that they are open when I say, “I want mahogany stripes in my hair” and because I have the mental capacity of a 12 year old, I like when they snark with me about random things. Plus! Bonus! It usually only costs me that of a real salon. And I know everyone is like, yeah but how can you trust them? Their instructors are standing there the hole time and frequently come over and check on their progress to ensure you aren’t going to have your hair fall out. The only drawback is with my hair, a trip to the salon is usually a four hour adventure (I have a lot of it) and it’s a personality crapshoot on the type of girl you are going to get. But it’s worth it because I would say, at least for the first month or so, my hair is pretty awesome (then I neglect to go back for 6 months, but that is a different digression I won’t take you on…) *end digression*
Eating pizza!
Not having to drive to work!
Wearing sweatpants for at least 55% of the weekend!
Watching DVR shows

Okay I’m done…
Jesus Mary and Joseph! I just checked our bank account and almost crapped myself. Earlier this morning my bank was having issues and was telling me I had no accounts, but apparently the US government depositing our federal refund caused a complete meltdown of my bank and me, because I was like WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE NO ACTIVE ACCOUNTS!??! How can there be too many calls to take my call? I’ll sit here on hold, that’s fine, because apparently I have NOTHING BETTER TO DO SINCE I HAVE NO MONEY. It’s all fine now, but thank you federal government-WHEW. I’m sad that all of that money is going to other accounts so it can make more money. But for right now I’m thinking of buying a jet and going to Italy for the rest of the winter-anyone want to join me?

I’m tentatively thinking about my Vegas extravaganza. I’m not sure when the best time of year to go is (read: cheapest). But that’s when I would want to go. And I want to stay on the strip, and I want it just to be a quick weekend thing. Like Fri-Sun or something. Anyway, pipe dream, I know.

Alright well I’m out of witty things to write, I’m hoping this afternoon goes by faster than the morning did, but that’s not looking good as my email seems to have died, Seth is having a bad day, and my trainer just left me with a big audit. Boo.

Love (the federal government tax return and pizza!),
Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts and comments below-I'd love to read them! But if you're dirty spammy comments, I'm going to delete you.